• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

steering wheel setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony4

25RPM
Mar 28, 2015
40
2
38
I'm wondering what next to do to setup a wheel in R3E
I have installed the drivers, I've tested it in another race game, and it works.
But, in R3E, it says my wheel is detected, the correct one: a very exotic Logitech G27,
But, nothing happens, no steering, no paddles, nothing

I'm wondering how the process works: it detects a wheel, it detects the correct wheel even, and then decides to do nothing for it.
 

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
1,716
903
Have you been into the controller menu and map the different axis and buttons to the equal part on your wheel and pedals?
Its long time ago I set mine up but it was rather easy - and intuitive :thumbsup:
 

Tony4

25RPM
Mar 28, 2015
40
2
38
It doesn't allow me to do that, I can choose my controller, and then nothing happens
I see the page for the axis, but just nothing happens
I also checked if the control was set to keyboard, but that is not the case.
It's set to the wheel controller, but no setting at all is set, and you cannot set any.

It's not the first time I had this problem with this game, it seems that every time you re-install, you must go through a couple of hours, just trying to config the most default wheel you can get.


Something weird is going on in the "Controller Profiles" screen, it lists keyboard, my G27 and Mouse
But it states each of them is "Default"
And you click on them, and sometimes it switches from gray to white, sometimes not, sometimes multiple are selected, sometimes not
But it doesn't really matter, whatever you select in this screen, you cannot change anything in "Edit Assignments"
 
Last edited:

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
1,716
903
OK. You better get into the official Raceroom forum to get proper help:thumbsup:

ByTheWay: The display of the 3 different Default devices is not wrong per se. I have them also - and consider them only as possibilities/alternatives.
 

Andi Goodwin

500RPM
Jul 19, 2010
911
442
check in steam controllers
if your wheel is present uncheck it
in raceroom rebind steer left/right and all the pedals / gear shifts

Andi
 

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
11,022
6,915
So, what is the purpose of this forum then ?
It's a sim-racing community, but we do not own or develop R3E. 90% of the time, problems posted here are resolved thanks to the combined knowledge and experience of our members. For the remaining 10%, if you don't get the answers you need, you're better off posting on the official S3 forums instead as Bruno suggested. Why? Because that's where all the developers and beta testers reside, who have even more knowledge about the inner workings of the sim. They might have solutions that we don't. Simple as that.
 

Tony4

25RPM
Mar 28, 2015
40
2
38
It's a sim-racing community, but we do not own or develop R3E. 90% of the time, problems posted here are resolved thanks to the combined knowledge and experience of our members. For the remaining 10%, if you don't get the answers you need, you're better off posting on the official S3 forums instead as Bruno suggested. Why? Because that's where all the developers and beta testers reside, who have even more knowledge about the inner workings of the sim. They might have solutions that we don't. Simple as that.
The "combined" effort ? One person says to go somewhere else, and you tell the same.

What effort are you talking about ?

Stating it works for you adds absolutely nothing. Stating the developers know more, isn't really new information either.
 

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
11,022
6,915
The "combined" effort ? One person says to go somewhere else, and you tell the same.

What effort are you talking about ?

Stating it works for you adds absolutely nothing. Stating the developers know more, isn't really new information either.
Wow, that's some attitude you have there pal. I'm not even going to dignify it with a proper response. No wonder nobody wants to help you. :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful evening.
 

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
2,845
1,129
Can I have a go... :D
Have you been into the controller menu and map the different axis and buttons to the equal part on your wheel and pedals?
OK. You better get into the official Raceroom forum to get proper help:thumbsup:
ByTheWay: The display of the 3 different Default devices is not wrong per se. I have them also - and consider them only as possibilities/alternatives.
check in steam controllers
if your wheel is present uncheck it
in raceroom rebind steer left/right and all the pedals / gear shifts
Andi
@Tony4
These look like “combined effort”, with Goffik, that is 3 different members on this forum that suggested 3-4 different things to try. :thumbsup:

Anyway, if you are still here, could you make screenshot of controller settings in game? Just to see if we can notice something missing. I am not sure, but what I do in every game, even when wheel gets recognized (G29), I go to key bindings and advanced settings. There I check if turning wheel changes something and I rebind when and pedals again anyway. But since you are not able to change, I’ll go through settings tomorrow on my side to see if I can find something weird.:ninja:
 
  • Like
Reactions: EsxPaul
Status
Not open for further replies.