Steering Wheel options for Simucube 2 Pro?

Karma#44

Premium
So I'm looking into buying a Simucube 2 Pro, what are the cheapest steering wheel options?

I looked into Fanatec steering wheels but I'm confused as to what I'd need to actually make it work on the Simucube, do I just need the Fanatec to DD Adapter? If so that's the cheapest option I can think of at about £450.

Are there any other options? I don't feel like spending what I think is egregious prices for a wireless wheel (£1,000+)

Are buttons really necessary on rims? Because I could just buy a rim and a spacer for £200, it'll cost triple that just for buttons.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mclaren gt3 ready to go (usb converted) for sale.
You don’t necessarily need buttons, but realistically you do for various things such as wipers, views, gears, lights, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. The SimCube 2 arrived today, but it wiped me out. Looking for the cheapest option as a temporary solution. I think I have decided on a nice Sparco, or Momo round rally rim, and may add a button box later, Or keep it "unboxed" and add a GT, and formula rim with boxes / paddles later on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Used to be an electronics board from Leo Bodnar. Used to just solder it onto the Fanatec pcb, then attach a usb curly cable, job done. The board can be bought from Leo Bodnar, £50 + postage.
Not sure if applies to modern Fanatec wheels.
Problem with the Simucube 2 is that it is just expensive.
You need an adapter to fit to the Simucube 2, £30
then an adapter to fit to that and the wheel £40, so we have now spent £70, probably need a spacer, that’s another £30. We are at a £100 just to attach to the wheel we have not got to the SC2.
I just bit the bullet and went for the Asher race wheel.
Loverly wheel, but pricey.

Upvote 0
I would not suggest getting a Fanatec Rim for a Simucube DD.

The newer Podium rims etc do not work even after chipped as far as I know.

Also you are then paying a bunch of money for the adapter, which is only really meant for people already in the system and swapping to a different non Fanatec base.

It really depends on where you are and what sim makers you have locally. As shipping seems to be a big part of it.

But I would suggest just buying a cheap Momo/Sparco/OMP/Whatever rim and then buying a button box from Ricmotec, Ascher or even a local small supplier of sim gear.

That or literally grab any real rim and use separate sequential shifter until you can get the rim you really want.

having a spare rim isn't a bad thing that's for sure :)

Upvote 0
I would not suggest getting a Fanatec Rim for a Simucube DD.

The newer Podium rims etc do not work even after chipped as far as I know.

Also you are then paying a bunch of money for the adapter, which is only really meant for people already in the system and swapping to a different non Fanatec base.

It really depends on where you are and what sim makers you have locally. As shipping seems to be a big part of it.

But I would suggest just buying a cheap Momo/Sparco/OMP/Whatever rim and then buying a button box from Ricmotec, Ascher or even a local small supplier of sim gear.

That or literally grab any real rim and use separate sequential shifter until you can get the rim you really want.

having a spare rim isn't a bad thing that's for sure :)

Yeah, that is what I plan on doing for now, just getting a rim and using a sequential until the right wheel comes around.

Upvote 0
I'm going to do the same, and order a bare rim today, and I 'm also getting a Fanatec club shifter.

BTW, My shipping from Simracingbay was lighting fast! From Slovenia to Florida in the US in 2 days.

Upvote 0
I just ordered one of these for Rally use when I use a 5 speed or sequential shifter. It arrives today.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067XI9C?tag=racedep-20

All Sparco, Momo, NRG wheels have a 70mm 6 bolt pattern that matches the SC2 adapter plate. It doesn't require anything that wasn't included with each wheel side SC2 packet.

I used my PSE GT3 wheel for reference and any steering wheel with about a 40mm dish will line up with the setup below. The wheel I ordered has a 37mm dish.

SC2connector.jpg

M5 x 16mm countersunk bolts would be a good fit. These are socket head so they aren't extending past the lock nuts. I'll have some on Saturday that fit properly.
wheelbolts.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have two wheels one for older cars one for modern, will when the time is right go for a sequential manual shifter.
Cannot at the moment source the SC2 wheel side QR for my other wheel.
One was, well expensive, but worth it.
The other reasonably priced.
A second hand Racetech 260mm round wheel for £40, a small sheet of 3mm carbon, Ascher Racing paddle shifters in carbon approx £130 with custom back plate, Leo Bodnar usb board £20, curly Usb cable.£5, plus some spacers and SS Alan bolts.
So overall £200, need to add SC2 Quick release to that when I get one.
I’m under the illusion that someone may be interested. Sad old git :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
52A7132E-F255-426E-8443-CABE24B499EC.png
822E204F-462F-4D6B-AB23-AEB89DA7D751.png
55930C4D-6B03-4596-9BE0-7538BC1C8C86.png

Upvote 0
I bought a Cube Controls Formula Pro. Was initially looking to get the Ascher F64, but that was unavailable.
My main interest lies in GT cars and open wheelers, so this wheel seemed the best fit.

I'm very happy with it so far. The only thing that annoys me is the lights being simply on/off with a button press and not based on software input output, so if I mess up during a pit stop with the menu, I might have to do an entire stint with the pit limiter indicator blinking when the limiter is on rather than off...

At some point I'll have to expand to a 3rd pedal, a shifter (or 2) and a round wheel to cover other use cases...

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Some useful info here

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%