Steering wheel not working in ACC... first time user...

First time using Fanatec WB2.5, Porsche wheel, Podium hub, V3 CS pedals. All installed and working. In Fanatec wheel program I centered the wheel.

With Fanalab prog went into ACC/practice/beginner. Steering was working. Went to options/controls, looking around. Clicked on 'steering wheel' and the 3 small blue dots in that box turned red. Clicked on it again and turned blue with one dot in the 'wheel' window.

Back into ACC, and I can physically turn the rim, but in the game the steering wheel does not turn at all.... Help, please.

Last edited:
All set for rim...figured it out.

* When I need to apply medium strong to strong brake pressure, the pedal base literally lifts up from front to back. This is the major problem...

* I find the throttle and brake pedals too close together. Hope there's a way to space them out more. Possibly remove the clutch pedal?

* At this point as a beginning driver, I don't like having to apply so much brake pressure to slow down.

* I haven't really changed much in the settings, but they surely need adjusting.

Regarding brake force, you can use the BrF (brake force) setting for the wheel base to adjust how hard you have to press the pedal. Start at 50 and experiment with higher and lower values. In the beginning the brake pedal is quite stiff but it will loosen up after some time due to the foam material used in the brake.

Regarding spacing between pedals you can start with just offsetting the pedal plate for the brake and/or clutch by loosening the two screws that are where your foot touches the pedal and then remount the plate adjusted to the left.

You will actually learn to enjoy the spacing on the brake pedal and accelerator pedal as they are close enough together to allow you to practice and/or learn heal and toe shifting techniques. These are very critical when slowing fast into corner where a less than smooth downshift would cause the car to lose traction. I suggest grabbing a car with an h-shifter, and then setting yourself up for manual shift and clutch and then just having some fun.

All set for rim...figured it out.

* When I need to apply medium strong to strong brake pressure, the pedal base literally lifts up from front to back. This is the major problem...

* I find the throttle and brake pedals too close together. Hope there's a way to space them out more. Possibly remove the clutch pedal?

* At this point as a beginning driver, I don't like having to apply so much brake pressure to slow down.

* I haven't really changed much in the settings, but they surely need adjusting.
I have a G29, I hate the pedals becuase, evey now and then when I broke I clipped the clutch pedal, so I did away with the clutch and use the clutch pedal as my brake.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back