F1 2011 Steering wheel inquiry

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hu guys, sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this one, I'm planning to buy a steering wheel for PC next week, I have limited budget so my choices are only, Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel and Logitech PS3 Driving Force GT Wheel (which i think can be used on PC). I was wondering which of this wheel works best for f1 2011? The thrustmaster is much cheaper here in sydney than the logitech, TIA..

Thurstmaster looks better to me, paddle shifters and pedals are better made than in DFGT (which are the weakest points of Logitech's one). But after all... rotation: DFGT 900 degree, F430 270 degree... DFGT has better FFB I think (for sure, for this price FFB is stunning). If you're going to play ONLY F1 2011 (and other Codemaster's stuff) I can't say that Logitech DFGT is the best... Paddles and solid pedals can give you better expierience, and you don't need more than 270 degree (sure, in F1 car there is 540 degree of rotation, but drivers are rotating max 270 to not spin and Codies simplified it to 270 all the time) but when it comes to harder simracing Thrustmaster is kicking ass. Made a good choice and have good fun!

If you don't have budget to buy a new one, look for used, remember a lot of people are selling their wheels to get the new fanatec and TM Tr500, i think you can get a good deal with a G27 or even a G25, its far better then those you are looking for. Last month i sell an almost new G27 (2 months, cause i got a new one from warranty) for 150€, in the portuguese forum i sell mine, there a lot more in the same range of price, try to buy one with warranty, search ebay or something.

If you still want new, DFGT

Yeah whilst the TM might look nicer, and have paddles, it is no where near the quality of the DFGT.
Also the pedals might look better, but they are just metal plates attached to crappy plastic.

IF you can stretch to a second hand G25/27 then its worth it, but if your budget only stretches as far as the DFGT, then its definitely the better wheel. It will outlast the TM, and even if it does go wrong, Logitech customer service/returns is second to none - normally resulting in a brand new wheel, rather than some long drawn out engineer inspection and repair like I have heard TM do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back