Steering wheel animation

TachyonGod

Premium
First of all, i love Assetta Corsa.

This is soon to become my favourite racing game. But for now, I 'd love it if I could turn off the steering wheel animation.
It looks good and everything, but it is a major distraction when I have my own G27 wheel right in front of me.
Just about all the other racing games i own have this feature. i.e. Race07, RFactor2, RaceRoom Racing Experience, F1 2010 & F1 2012, Live For Speed and several others....

Carry on the good work, i look forward to future additions.

Thanks in advance

Hi misterbeam,

yes i've tried those options. removing the arms are fine, and i'm doing that. But locking the steering wheel isn't the same as removing it. This feature is rather common in racing games on the PC. I mentioned a bunch of them in my original post.

It is not implemented yet since the cars do not have any steering column modeled. As far as I know the developers are aware of this need.

Anyway in the meantime it is great to adjust your fov and screen so that your g27 perfectly overlaps the ingame wheel. That's what I did and I do not feel the need to remove the wheel anymore.

Thanks Damien,

your right and i do do that. I suppose the issue for me is that i have 3, 21" monitors setup & i also use trackIR for head tracking (works very well in Assetto Corso), so no matter what, i still see the steering wheel. I am happy to hear the developers will get to it. I can wait.

I also prefer to disable the steeringwheel completely but havent figured out how to do it.

Strange thing is that my wheel is set to 900 degrees in the profiler and in the game but for reason the animation of the wheel in game is not synced with the movement of my own steeringwheel.

Is the full rotation range detected in steering options, on that slider, or does it just reach 100% and stop after just half of a turn?
Or is that JUST the animation?

On some cars I have the same issue as Bram. Lotus 2-11, Elise and Exige more specifically. Wheel set up to 900 deg in both the configuration menu and in the profiler but for some reason in the Lotus full lock seems right about 1080 deg.

As far as I remember I have no problem with other cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back