Steering Rotation

Joel

#NR6
I have never gotten rFactor to feel proper for me. What am I doing wrong?

This video shows the virtual wheel turning over 360 degrees (180 each side). Mine only turns about 220 and that's what I have to use in the profiler. I'd want it to be like in the video (also, how do you turn the hands off?). Anybody know? This is very annoying.

I have never gotten rFactor to feel proper for me. What am I doing wrong?

This video shows the virtual wheel turning over 360 degrees (180 each side). Mine only turns about 220 and that's what I have to use in the profiler. I'd want it to be like in the video (also, how do you turn the hands off?). Anybody know? This is very annoying.

Lower the steering lock in your car setup.

So 900 degrees in the profiler and a lower steering lock in garage?

Only in the car setup. If you lower it in profiler too, the ration between game turn-in and steering position stays the same. However, if you lower the steering angle in the in-game setup, this will increase the in-game turning of the wheel needed for the same actual steering angle of the car.

So 900 degrees in the profiler and a lower steering lock in garage?

It's not difficult.

Set the rotation degrees in the controller profiler as you believe it's best for you.

Then, open up the controller's ini file (found in the "controller" folder, under userData) and set the in-game rotation for the same amount. Use the entry there:
Steering Wheel Range="200" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

So, set in the profiler =900º, and in the controller ini file set the same amount of in-game rotation - as an example.

That's it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back