Steering 'rocking' on straights - FF setting?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I've googled and read many many many threads on RD about FF in Race On, most of them about the G25. I haven't found anything that suggests what setting I may need to alter to correct this one small issue.

When I'm going down a straight in high gear, the steering seems to rock side to side a few times, bumping and knocking the wheel as it does so. It's like a deadzone comes into being and the rack bounces 3 or 4 degrees between the two for a while.

Wheel: Saitek R660GT
Steering sensitivity in game: 90%
Current settings: In game FF 80% + FULL setting
Drivers: 100%, 100%spr, 50%damp, centre spring off

If anyone knows what is causing that left-right-left knocking on the wheel, please suggest something to try to get rid of it :waiting:

I can live with it if I have to, just can't figure out what it's supposed to be simulating and it does it with every vehicle...

(My wife says I can't buy a better wheel until I can prove I'm serious about this new hobby of mine *grins*) :fingers-crossed:

I don't have this problem but after reading this thread I realised that I've not come across the "damping" option in game, so I took a quick look and no, I can't find it. What and where exactly is the "damping" option in-game just out of curiosity?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%