Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Are any of these so-called modern rally sims any good compared to Richard Burns Rally with mods?
After years of not 'touching' any CM content, I download and tried the much vaulted Dirt 2.0.
I gave it back to Steam less than ten minutes in.
The car felt like it had a drogue-chute every time I came off the throttle. It wasn't remotely believable.
I couldn't believe they could put that :poop: out and expected people to believe it felt remotely real.
Is WRC any better?

It all depends imo. Neither is perfect. I feel RBR does a better job with that era of cars, and in addition with the older modded cars as the game is quite slippery and the cars fairly light. It's easier to throw the cars around like they did in the Gr.A days and the early WRC days.
Modern rally cars behave a bit different, and games like DR2 are, for me, better at that part - but isn't as great with the historic cars.
WRC8 is more of an outsider, it's probably the best WRC games in ages when it comes to physics - though, it still lacks both here and there. At least now it feels like the WRC series have something to build on, that's a positive!

I bought WRC 7 to find out that this piece of junk doesn't allow your pedals and wheel to work unless you have a PHD in IT. I am not buying the pile of junk called WRC 8.
That's like "I used to have a girl and.... she disappointed me. badly.:unsure: now I'll never had another one, I couldn't stand another let down". :D:rolleyes:
Seperate wheels, pedals, shifter & handbrake all work fine in WC8.
That. :cool:

Already found a bug. At the first stage of the Monte Carlo rally, the game keeps crashing every time I try to select a setup. Not sure if it's this one stage or all the Monte stages.

Edit: Ok, seems it just doesn't like one of my setups. I tried selecting another one and it didn't crash.

After fiddling with control settings (wanting to reduce the wheel rotation to 540 or below), my G29 has stopped working in WRC8 :(. Everything responds in the control configuration screen, but the steering doesn't respond at all once in the car (except for the paddle shifters which DO respond).

Can someone help me out with something specific to try to get this working?

EDIT: Got it working again by re-starting WRC8. But, although the steering works, I'd like the car to respond to smaller steering inputs. Any ideas on what to change in settings to accomplish this?

Also, I don't see the dash or wheel while in car - only the hood. I prefer that view most times but would like to see the wheel when tinkering with the steering controller settings. Can someone help with that as well?

FWIW, I find the controller settings screen in WRC8 to be quite finicky.

Thanks!

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Eric Jaeger, post: 3064401, membro: 134299"] Quale versione di Windows stai utilizzando? 7/8/10? Ho sentito da persone che non eseguono Windows 10 avere problemi con questo gioco. Immagino che questo possa spiegare perché non c'è quasi nessuno atm online : rolleyes:. [/ QUOTE]
win 7 64 bit

Hi. I am preparing the update of the mod for version 1.3.0, since with each update of the game I have to modify the files for the mod again. In a very short time I will have it ready for download, in addition to the sound mod. I hope that before uploading it they don't update the game again ... hahahahaha

DOWNLOAD LINK

Please read ALL info in the Read Me.txt before installing.

Small download size with custom Installer.
Bug reporting, Feedback, Requests welcome. :thumbsup:

Mods and ReShade were made and tested using:
i7 6900K@4.2Ghz all cores, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid
Thrustmaster TS-XW Sparco P310
Thrustmaster T3PA Pro with Ricmotech load cell
Aiologs Sim Shifter Sequential 2019
Aiologs Sim Handbrake 2019
Acer Predator X34

Run the game at 60Hz for the games physics engine to run correctly.
3440 x 1440 @ 60Hz With all mods on and all graphics set to highest the game runs at 60fps locked
Also, your monitor will make my ReShade presets look different to how I see them.
I drive with all assists off and manual gears.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back