Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I didn't delete the original folder, just replaced the files inside. Maybe that can be the issue?
Possibly, you never know with computers and code. If I were you I'd start from scratch. I'd uninstall the game, reinstall it so you get the original chunk_0 folder, then make a copy and put somewhere else on your hard drive, then delete the original folder, unzip pepisofts chunk folder and drop it(with all of its contents) where it should go, then I'd reboot pc, then start up the game. You'll know if you've done it right after you hit something hard.

Good mod so far, besides the shaking. Also, why do they make tiny puddles in barcelona for example, kick the car so hard, like I blew a tire? Stupid physics and the sound is way too loud. But hopefully you can get rid of that too!

Take the original chunk_0 folder and move it somewhere else, like the main WRC8 directory.
Then copy the new chunk_0 folder into where the old one was. Don't have the original files there as the game reads every file in that directory!

Where else you can notice the changes is that the car no longer flies so much when it jumps or usually does strange things in accidents.
But I repeat that it is only the first version and there is still much to add and improve. The WRC7 mod took me almost a year to do it and with this I just started. You just have to be patient.
Icebob2016 how are you friend? ... long ago of those mods, but I'm glad someone remembers them.
Greetings to all and anything do not hesitate to comment to be able to improve the game with your opinions and advice.

Pepisoft, thanx for asking ;)
How can I forget the old WRC mod.that you did. I remember that I played it a lot unlike the orignial (WRC3&4)
Concerning WRC7, I've tried quickly, it was good but I had some strange artefacts and WRC 8 was coming.
I'm sure you will polish the game, it may takes time but be sure that we will give you our feedback to allow you to get it better.
Let's say it's an early alpha right now ;)

Thank you again pepi ^^

WRC 8 Updated 2.jpg

WRC 8 has been updated today - multiplayer now available!

Available for PC versions of the official game of the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship, build 1.15 of WRC 8 is available now and finally unlocks the much requested, and highly anticipated multiplayer functionality within the game.

Alongside the obvious big ticket item that is online multiplayer, various other fixes and improvements have been brought to the PC version of the title as part of this build - details of which can be reviewed in the new update changelog notes below.

Update 1.3.0 Notes:

Multiplayer Mode
The Online Multiplayer mode is now available!

Career Mode
  • The Career Mode has been balanced including some fixes.
    • Perks are now used once (consumable).
    • Fixed the $ symbols position.
Improvements
  • UI improvements.
  • Some Stages have been balanced.
  • Add Credits information.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the “Reset” function in devices binding.
  • Fixed the “Delete Data” in option menu.
  • Fixed the blackscreen on SSS.
  • Fixed the Spectator Mode (special effects, cameras, user interface).
  • Fixed steering wheels movement on Replays.
  • Fixed the “out of track” in Freeroaming.
WRC 8 Updated 1.jpg

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For the latest and greatest from WRC 8, check out the RaceDepartment WRC 8 sub forum today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Sorry for the ignorant question, but I've always wondered how online MP works in a Rally sim. Rallying is a one-at-a-time race against the clock, so how does MP work?
As well as what Ludwig said, which is true for 99.9% of rally games, Codemasters tried the one-at-a-time start in DiRT 2 and 3 (this was optional). Everyone started the stage at intervals of 10 seconds. Sadly, they ditched this, but I remember doing many online events with this start method...
Aaaaaah, times were I played online, even taking part in championships... I really miss those times.

Are any of these so-called modern rally sims any good compared to Richard Burns Rally with mods?
After years of not 'touching' any CM content, I download and tried the much vaulted Dirt 2.0.
I gave it back to Steam less than ten minutes in.
The car felt like it had a drogue-chute every time I came off the throttle. It wasn't remotely believable.
I couldn't believe they could put that :poop: out and expected people to believe it felt remotely real.
Is WRC any better?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years