Steering & Pedal Sensitivity

Not seen anything mentioned on this subject.
What % do the rest of you have for these settings in GTR Evo?
I've currently got 40% on each, but I'm new to the game and am yet to find any settings I'm happy with.
Using a G25 if it helps.

Another quick question, I see people mentioning their degrees of rotation on their wheel and also steering lock, but I can't find where to adjust steering lock, any help?

Thanks

• Matt Crouch

You will find pretty much everyone will have 50% for each, as it means that your input is exactly the same as the output. If you're finding you're not turning the wheel enough, or you're reaching full lock but need to turn further, then you will want to adjust rotation or lock accordingly rather than changing the sensitivity :)

steering lock is a setup option unique to each car, which controls how far the wheels on the car can turn, effectively turning it up means you will have more 'sensitivity', and turning down your wheel's rotation will also increase your 'sensitivity'.

I use 540 degrees of rotation and have been playing with the steering lock quite a lot lately, using about 19 for wtcc cars and a bit more for GTs

Logitech profiler i have set @
steering i have at 50% sensitivity because it feels right on my momo
Accelerator i have at 0% sensitivity because i want to have as wide a throttle range as possible and setting it any higher means the throttle can jump from one position to the next too quickly.
My brake is a bit different from most as i use a unique set of pedals in that the spring is very light but i also have a rubber block for resistance so i have it set at 75% which means when i feel the resistance of the rubber block then my pedal is around 70% depressed in dxtweak2.

My ingame settings differ a bit from car to car apart from the accelerator as i always have it at 0%, steering is usually set 35% but the brake i shift a lot depending which car i am driving.

I use 50% sensitivity on everything, that way my inputs are the same as they are in the game. I always use 540 rotation in the profiler combined with 15 deg lock for open wheelers, for everything else i use 18 deg lock.

• Bob Kozakiewicz

I use 50% sensitivity on everything as well, with a 20% deadzone on the brakes. I have the rotation set at 270 degrees. I experimented with all ranges on rotation settings and found the lower degree to be to my liking.

• vmagics

I keep the steering and brake on sensitivity setting 50% but clutch I have set to 80-85%. This seems to set the clutch biting point higher, which is nearer to cars I've actually driven. I'm using a G25 by the way.

• SilentXS

i got a question regarding this if you dont mind, it's about the wheel rotation % , i noticed there are some gentlemen who drive race cars in real life, my question is as follow : what would be the most realistic wheel rotation setting that'd match real life cars for the different classes ? i also have another question regarding the FF, but i'll create a separate topic for it.. thx in advance for answering and sorry for stepping in your topic lewis..

as an example E46 M3 has the steering ratio of 15.4:1 out of the factory. some z3 racks are slightly higher. Since you can change the rack out its personal choice and id suggest starting at 15 and adjusting to taste from there.

EDIT: a couple more are

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 15.2:1 (2.7 turns lock to lock)
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR - 13.0:1 (21. turns lock to lock)

although i think in competetition id want to run the evo higher than that.

• SilentXS

as an example E46 M3 has the steering ratio of 15.4:1 out of the factory. some z3 racks are slightly higher. Since you can change the rack out its personal choice and id suggest starting at 15 and adjusting to taste from there.

EDIT: a couple more are

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 15.2:1 (2.7 turns lock to lock)
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR - 13.0:1 (21. turns lock to lock)

although i think in competetition id want to run the evo higher than that.
i suppose you're talkin about the steering lock , and not how much % the wheel can turn (in the logitech profiler for the G25) , am i right ?
otherwise, what would be the most realistic setting in the G25 profiler for the wheel rotation in %... .

Steering ratio refers to the ratio between the turn of the steering wheel (in degrees) or handlebars and the turn of the wheels (in degrees). In motorcycles and bicycles, the steering ratio is always 1:1, while in most passenger cars, it is between 12 and 20:1. Example: If one complete turn of the steering wheel (360 degrees) causes the wheels to turn 24 degrees, then the ratio is 15:1 (360/24=15).

the words i wrote weren't so clear. the maths i know perfectly.

note that 15:1 is one direction only so from 0 to 360 degrees right or 360 degrees left so when calculating you need to divide the result or the rotation by 2. in the examples i will divide at the end for neatness. (mathematically it is irrelevent in an unbracketed linear equation which divides you tackle first)

as shown above,

Rotation / Lock = Ratio / 2

if you want a ratio of 15 and you like to use 540 degrees on your g25 you can work out what the lock needs to be as follows.

Rotation / Ratio = Lock / 2

or

720 / 15 = 48 / 2

48 / 2 = 24

24:1

as i stated above the main setting i use 720/22 gives a ratio of 16.36, as shown below

Rotation / Lock = Ratio / 2

or

720 / 22 = 32.72... / 2

32.72... / 2 = 16.36..

16.36:1

note that the .72 and .36 are both reccuring numbers hence the slight irregularity.

• Graydon McKee

Sensitivity and Force Feedback

Perhaps this isn't the correct place for this question but since it seems to go along with the topic I'll give it a shot.

I'm using the Logitech Momo Racing Force Feedback Wheel on a Vista x64 based platform. Everything is working alright but I don't get the force feedback. When I open the Logitech profiler it doesn't recognize the wheel. Since it has worked in the game I haven't really worried about it before now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can:

A) get the wheel to show up in the profiler; and
B) get the force feedback to work?

Any help would be much appreciated.

gsmckee,

make sure that you have the x64 version of the software installed, if you installed from the cd it was probably the 32bit version. although the software itself will run the driver level functions may not work properly so the wheel could be running as a generic HID compliant input device.

also we have a technical support forum for this sort of question which you can find here > http://forum.racedepartment.com/member-support-forum/

• Graydon McKee

That did it! Honestly I should have thought of that - definately a problem between the keyboard and the chair.

Appreciate the fast response.

I use 200 degrees on the wheel in the Profiler, and 100% on all sensitivities in the profiler.

In game %'s

Steering Sensitivity 30%
Throttle Sensitivity 30%
Brake Sensitivity 50%
Clutch Sensitivity 61%

No dead zones

I use the G25 wheel.

Keith

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%