Steering Lock?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, although my Dad used to say, there is nothing like a dumb question if you don't know the answer, lol. Does AC have steering lock? some where? For example, the T5 series, the car doesn't turn sharp enough & I'm always slowing down more in the turns & down shifting lower than I want just to make the turn. If it does, where's it located? Thanks in advance.

I always drive with 540deg lock, this is to speed up the steering in slow corners.
As far as i know there is no steering lock as in rfactor2..
Sorry if i have got the wrong end of the stick, i am sure someone will sort this out for you.:(

There is a softlock option hidden in Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assettocorsa.ini. Look for

[SOFT_LOCK]
ENABLED=0

and set it to

[SOFT_LOCK]
ENABLED=1

It is very rough and and bounces your wheel back when the lock hits. However: If you set your wheel degrees of rotation to the same value in the steering wheel drivers and in game (eg 900°) the rotation should match and will do so automatically for any car, stock or mod. The only caveat here is that your physical whell doesn't stop when the virtual one does which should not be an issue while racing, but might become one when drifting or catching a slide.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, although my Dad used to say, there is nothing like a dumb question if you don't know the answer, lol. Does AC have steering lock? some where? For example, the T5 series, the car doesn't turn sharp enough & I'm always slowing down more in the turns & down shifting lower than I want just to make the turn. If it does, where's it located? Thanks in advance.
I guess you didn't mean the lock on your hardware wheel but meant to make the virtual front tires turn further like you can set them in R3E and rFactor 2?

I never saw this setting in any car in Assetto Corsa. The cars are set up to some "real thing" and that's it. :(

I guess you didn't mean the lock on your hardware wheel but meant to make the virtual front tires turn further like you can set them in R3E and rFactor 2?

I never saw this setting in any car in Assetto Corsa. The cars are set up to some "real thing" and that's it. :(
Oh if OP meant that then no, AC doesn't have that setting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back