Steering Lock

I don't quite understand how the steering lock works, or what it should be set to. I'm also having a hard time figuring out what the wheel rotation should be set to for each group of vehicles. As far as the steering lock though, what does it represent? If I am using the stock car 2015, I usually use a 540 rotation, and a steering lock of 20, but I am not sure what that 20 is on relation to the wheel rotation. I hope that makes sense, and if not I can try to explain myself better if anymore info is needed. I don't think it makes any difference but I am using a Fanatec Clubsport V2 base on a triple screen setup. Thanks in advance

Automobilista steering lock seems wacked out. Many cars have completely unrealistic default steering rack ratios. This makes no sense considering the game should have all this programmed since it uses auto steering rotation.

Does anyone know how to find out the proper ratios or is this hardcoded somewhere in the game's core exe file which no one obviously has access to (besides Reiza)?

Think "Steering Ratio" instead : steering ratio = rotation/steering lock / 2

between 10 - 13 quick and sensitive steering: you won't need more than 90° rotation most of the time, it suits formula cars really well.

13 - 16 this area is more suitable for GT/touring cars and some road cars, average steering sensitivity.

if 14 works for you keep it .. if it is too sensitive for you go down, if it is not steering fast enough for your taste go up ... if you are on track with tight hairpins going up might help .. except Superkart every car ingame is fine for me on default settings (automaticaly set) .. I would tune some formulas probably
The -problem is nothing works great... its just trial and error trying to get to a fun place to drive... does anyone us AMS1 any more> i think i have to abondon it... to0 many weird menus and no good user interface. Defitions are missing or impossible to decipher.
I like AMS1 but if any of the weird stuff is in AMS2 i will stick to AC. I downloadd the trial and nothing works. I use Fanatec ...?
I spent another 3 hours triying to dial in settings for the Fanatec DD base... and searching for INPUT button assignments, by scrolling - scrolling - scrolling...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back