Steering lock on F2004?

Hi, sorry if anyone has asked this before, but can anyone help with this problem:

I'm struggling in tight hairpins with the F2004, and to a lesser extent ASR's Ferrari 643 and F2004. No matter how slowly I go (and I mean slowly - coasting at 10-20mph), the car simply will not turn tight enough to clear tight hairpins. At Monaco Loews hairpin the car barely makes it 3/4 of the way round before nosing into the barrier, and at Longford, it can't get round the final corner without running well over a car width wide. Seeing as this is my fave car, and my fave track is the incredible Pikes Peak hillclimb, this is something I really want to solve - at PPIHC, I can be on a good run and it might randomly run off the road in the series of tight hairpins. When I get to that section its literally like rolling a dice whether the run is junk or not.

This is a vid I made of a run in the 643, and around 4m18s is the section I'm struggling with. In the 643 I can kind of gently blip to coax it round, but the ASR F2004 was twice as bad to the extent that even though being a much faster car, the run time was about the same because of the amount of time coasting round the hairpins. The F2004 from the Ferrari pack, which is the one I like the most is twice as bad as that. 5m00s is the tightest corner where its the worst. It often just runs wide off the track, through the wall and drops through the floor, even at 10-20mph.

I'm using an XBOX 360 pad, and am in Pro mode with no aids and no traction control. Is there any way of increasing the steering lock or something?

Sadly, this issue is not resolved yet. I have found your post after crashing on Loews with the F2004.
PD: maybe the mod mentioned by Skuzz420 here can fix it, I'll try it. If it works for you it would be great. https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/7msx7j/increase_steering_lock_limit/

PD2: It works, but I think it looks better if the animation lock is in 180, this way, when you pass 180 degrees, it will make a sudden change but if you set it to 270 it will look like you are driving a street car.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back