• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Steering erratic

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Danny O'Neill, May 29, 2019.

1. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,
    I was messing with my profiles. I have a CSL Elite wheel PS4 edition but I changed the rim to the xbox one version as I prefer the alcantara feel, but now every time I start the game I'm told that one of my profiles is missing, so I deleted the ps4 profile and that seem to do the trick and reassigned the pedals and buttons but now when I hit the track the steering wheel is very erratic (force feedback) it swings form left to right and is almost impossible to control, I can't work out what is wrong?
    Any ideas?

2. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,131
    That sounds like the reverse ffb setting but I didn't think it was in raceroom but I can't remember

3. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks Jim,
    I thought that as well and I reversed the ffb settings but it didn't seem to make any difference.

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,933
    Check the minimum force setting. If it's too high, it can introduce wheel oscillations from side to side when driving in a straight line. Too low and your wheel will feel "loose" around the centre.

5. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks Ross, I uninstalled it and reinstall it and now its grand.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.