Steering degrees/lock doubt

Hello,

My doubt is if you all are using the 900º degrees for all cars, because when I play with F1 car it feels great, I can turn very well and do smooth corners but if I play with for example, the Ferrari 458 it's just impossible to me not to do a corner but to countersteer which ends with me in the gravel or spinning. The same happens with the BMW M3 and more recently with the Lotus 2 Eleven, that at first I feel amazing for driving it because I could countersteer very well but quickly I became sad when saw that the Logitech Profiler isn't turned on.

So, should I do practice countersteering with 900º or turn off the profiler and let the game choose the default degrees? (When the Profiler was off, in game when I have my DFGT turned 45º degrees in cockpit the wheel was turning about 240º)

Hello,

My doubt is if you all are using the 900º degrees for all cars, because when I play with F1 car it feels great, I can turn very well and do smooth corners but if I play with for example, the Ferrari 458 it's just impossible to me not to do a corner but to countersteer which ends with me in the gravel or spinning. The same happens with the BMW M3 and more recently with the Lotus 2 Eleven, that at first I feel amazing for driving it because I could countersteer very well but quickly I became sad when saw that the Logitech Profiler isn't turned on.

So, should I do practice countersteering with 900º or turn off the profiler and let the game choose the default degrees? (When the Profiler was off, in game when I have my DFGT turned 45º degrees in cockpit the wheel was turning about 240º)

I am not sure if I completely understand your question.
You can either set your wheel to the highest number of degrees of rotation it is capable of and select that number in the Assetto Corsa Control settings and let the software do the work. With that option you have the problem that there is no soft lock in the wheel when a car has less rotations than your wheel. Alternatively, you can find out what the steering degrees for each car (e.g. 720 for the 458 if I am not mistaken) are, dial them into your profiler and set the same value in the AC Control settings.

I hope that roughly relates to your question :D

First of all thanks for your quick response.

Kevin, it relates yes, any kind of information for me is always useful :thumbsup:

I've some difficult to express myself in foreign languages but directly to the point:
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and this setup http://www.racedyepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-logitech-dfgt-settings.77586/

I have, in profiler, 900º degrees steering.
When I go play with the Tatuus Abarth I can turn very well because somehow I can turn just about 180º for each side.
If I go play with the Ferrari or BMW or Lotus, it's very hard to turn because at this time my wheel is on 900º, I think the game set it automatically (I read it somewhere in this forum).

So, my question is: to really appreciate the realism, the pure driving, the maneuvers, should I keep my steering wheel at 900º and deal with countersteering (which make me turn the wheel like a maniac, but I think it's how it should be, right?) or set it to about 500º to be more easy to do corners and correct steering?

First of all thanks for your quick response.

Kevin, it relates yes, any kind of information for me is always useful :thumbsup:

I've some difficult to express myself in foreign languages but directly to the point:
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and this setup http://www.racedyepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-logitech-dfgt-settings.77586/

I have, in profiler, 900º degrees steering.
When I go play with the Tatuus Abarth I can turn very well because somehow I can turn just about 180º for each side.
If I go play with the Ferrari or BMW or Lotus, it's very hard to turn because at this time my wheel is on 900º, I think the game set it automatically (I read it somewhere in this forum).

So, my question is: to really appreciate the realism, the pure driving, the maneuvers, should I keep my steering wheel at 900º and deal with countersteering (which make me turn the wheel like a maniac, but I think it's how it should be, right?) or set it to about 500º to be more easy to do corners and correct steering?

Ah, now I understand you.
Well, actually it is completely up to you, but I would suggest you to get used to the realistic settings. Not only because they are more realistic, but also because they are like that for a reason. A steering with only half degrees of rotation will be twice as responsive and therefore twice as nervous! I feel good with the car's original settings and don't have anything to moan about them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%