steering control question?

At monaco I cannot set my steering enough to turn the very sharp turn , I am using a very good Logitech Momo force. Although quiet old it is in excellent condition for all my other tracks and games.

Assuming he sets 240 deg in AC it should still provide full lock to lock though right?

I'm guessing he is driving a modern F1 car which I doubt is very capable in really tight turns... could it be an issue of line or speed?

Assuming he sets 240 deg in AC it should still provide full lock to lock though right?

Maybe, but wouldn't that be so twitchy that it would be difficult to drive?

I'm guessing he is driving a modern F1 car which I doubt is very capable in really tight turns... could it be an issue of line or speed?

Well, modern F1 cars manage to get through that hairpin at Monaco every year. Granted they have special steering racks just for that track so it may be difficult with the F1 car in AC since they won't have that special steering rack.

Maybe, but wouldn't that be so twitchy that it would be difficult to drive?

Well, modern F1 cars manage to get through that hairpin at Monaco every year. Granted they have special steering racks just for that track so it may be difficult with the F1 car in AC since they won't have that special steering rack.
I have no idea how the game handles different rotation TBH but yeah with rotation that low it would feel pretty sketchy I imagine, the other way I guess you can't hit full lock so that is probably what is happening. Maybe time for a new wheel?

"I cannot set my steering enough to turn the very sharp turn"
In logitech app you can choose sensitivity, in assetto or CM you can change degree, put 240 (I thought it was less) and gamma (more than 1 and the car turn more at end of rotation, no linear steering) I did several preset.

And yes Momo is good whis a "lut" file when not limited by rotation (f1, some supercar like ferrari & mclaren), on mine the pedals are dead, I want to repair it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.7%