PC2 Steering cars questionable.

It doesn't turn, it doesn't turn , it doesn't turn, WOW!!!! then it turns too much and to quickly. Please no flames, I still enjoy the game and play it quite a lot but I would like to get the steering more like RF2. Suggestions please. I use a very good wheel and have, with all the old games and the new ones. I am very competitive at the low to mid settings. I just don't feel like I am in complete control of the car.

Already tried suggesting this, but it seems they feel the need to mod the game or find other solutions.
After all everyone knows vanilla FFB is s**t (?).
Most pCars2 setups are more ovesteery than the same car in other games, try to bring them closer before confronting.
Funny. I find stock setups more understeer generally. Some cars are really good out of the box like the Indy Car and the Formula Renault 3.5... I modded the ffb because I like it more that way but stock ffb is good. And I fail to see how you can solve a mechanical grip issue with ffb regardless.

@Shovas engine menu. It goes from 0 to 10. 0 is off, 10 is lowest setting. You can set it up to use for trail braking instead of brakes. It is quite good once you are used to it. I wonder if it works as the mgu-k recovery in hybrids.

Guys, your problems with the cars in low speed corners where the rear wheel is unloaded sound a lot ike your engine breaking setting is set to high. That can effectively lock your rear wheels unless you give some thottle input effectively canceling the engine break.

Wow I think this is it, at least on the Ginetta G55 GT4 and Corvette C7R.

The Engine Braking in the car tuning has a range of 0-10 with a Loose default on 1. Lower values = greater braking torque under throttle lift-off.

I tried the extremes of 0 and 10 and ended up in the middle just to find a happy middle-ground.

It definitely feels like it's taking away that unexpected oversteer so it looks like the diagnosis is correct.

Thank you! One more piece of the PCars2 puzzle solved. Driving is much more enjoyable now!

Wow I think this is it, at least on the Ginetta G55 GT4 and Corvette C7R.

The Engine Braking in the car tuning has a range of 0-10 with a Loose default on 1. Lower values = greater braking torque under throttle lift-off.

I tried the extremes of 0 and 10 and ended up in the middle just to find a happy middle-ground.

It definitely feels like it's taking away that unexpected oversteer so it looks like the diagnosis is correct.

Thank you! One more piece of the PCars2 puzzle solved. Driving is much more enjoyable now!
I usually give it a low setting in cars that have bad turn-in and high on oversteery turn-in cars, if used together with the differential deceleration setting it can make much difference in both braking and turning

On top of the info provided I'd also look into tire pressures and the proper compound for the track conditions.

There is a list on there form for each tire compound and it's optimal range.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

The cold tire phase in PC2 is slightly over done when it comes to understeers/oversteer/grip.
But in ways semi realistic.. from my RL Karting experience I usually struggle with understeer followed by corner exit oversteer through high speed corners for the first few laps until the tires heat up.

2-3 laps in PC2 usually gets them up to temp and on par with other titles....ffb is subjective.

I find to get the best experience out of pc2 it really depends on using the right compound/psi combo and being able to maintain that optimal range during an entire stint.....the dynamic track/weather also effects the temps throughout a lap.

Last edited:
Calibration of the steering wheel is very important. Than you have to get the right ffb mod. Set then to your own preference when needed. Steering ratio in the car setup is the last step. Believe me, this is a superb sim with al the toppings.
Falls far short of the big 4,iracing,ams,rfactor 2 and assetto corsa.

In the same basket as the shift and nascar heat games.

I would say this issue is solved with the Engine Braking change.

Anyone feel it's not solved?
I completely agree :) The only problem you seem to have now is noise in the FFB which I don't feel (using a belt driven wheel). I am afraid I can't help you there. Maybe increasing dampening a bit? Dampening acts like a low pass filter and you begin removing noise from the bottom up.

I would say this issue is solved with the Engine Braking change.

Anyone feel it's not solved?

Just to add a late response, if someone needs the help.

I did the Engine Braking change in setups and it helped a bit.

But when looking a this problem, I saw that the 'Speed sensitivity' hardware setting in game was something like 80.

What happened to me at high speed corners, is that if I caused understeer, I would lift throttle/brake. Then speed would drop and this "speed sensitivity" at the slowing speed (same steering input at lower speeds turns wheels more), would by magic turn my wheels more causing me to lose the back even as I kept steering stable. Putting the 'speed sensitivity' to zero solved the issue for me.

Cheers.

But when looking a this problem, I saw that the 'Speed sensitivity' hardware setting in game was something like 80.

What happened to me at high speed corners, is that if I caused understeer, I would lift throttle/brake. Then speed would drop and this "speed sensitivity" at the slowing speed (same steering input at lower speeds turns wheels more), would by magic turn my wheels more causing me to lose the back even as I kept steering stable. Putting the 'speed sensitivity' to zero solved the issue for me.
Interesting. I will take a look at this in my settings, as well, even though I think it's solved, as Engine Braking might be a red herring.

On top of the info provided I'd also look into tire pressures and the proper compound for the track conditions.

There is a list on there form for each tire compound and it's optimal range.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

The cold tire phase in PC2 is slightly over done when it comes to understeers/oversteer/grip.
But in ways semi realistic.. from my RL Karting experience I usually struggle with understeer followed by corner exit oversteer through high speed corners for the first few laps until the tires heat up.

2-3 laps in PC2 usually gets them up to temp and on par with other titles....ffb is subjective.

I find to get the best experience out of pc2 it really depends on using the right compound/psi combo and being able to maintain that optimal range during an entire stint.....the dynamic track/weather also effects the temps throughout a lap.

Is there a "live" tire temp display somewhere? I don't see it in the HUD.

@Marc Collins

Yes, you'll need to assign a button for the HUD which will cycle through 3 different HUD styles.
In the options menu you can modify each setting individually and move them around to your liking.

BINGO! For the life of me I couldn't find the HUD editing area in the Options screen...because it isn't there unless you are in the car/on the track. I was trying to find it before going out on to a track! :(

It's a nice system that allows for simple customization.

Thanks for the tips. I also realized I had bookmarked that YouTube series eons ago, but had forgotten by the time I eventually installed PC 2 a few weeks back in anticipation of AMS 2 announcement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back