Steam

ClientRegistry.blob files have a history of corrupting mate. Happened to a friend of mine who'd just got his steering wheel, and he couldn't get on Steam to buy GTRe. Poor sod. And yes I have directed him to RD :)

Had trhe same issue yesterday. Probably due to GTR update. I removed the files (Steam.dll & steamUI.dll & renamed the blob thing) restarted Steam & afterwards it started updating.
It took some time and didn't look very responsive, but it worked.

Is there a way to disable those annoying updates you get to see everytime you start Steam.. Starts to pee me off to be honest. I am not interested in all those other games that are released every day...

• Marcin Wójcik

I think it's not possible to change your display price on a different currency. When you buy on steam, if you have different currency than dollars, then your bank convert it at the current exchange rate in your country.

• Chris Noble

I only see updates once you have finished playing your game or whatever and think its quite neat to find out about new games coming out! even ones that you might not have otherwise considered.

Steam is using IE as browser. I have vista 64b and there is no available flash player for IE in vista 64b. So I can not play the movies in Steam. Also when I open a link in steam IE is used. Can I change the standard browser of steam to Firefox ?

Strange. When I wanna watch a flash movie in steam it shows that I have to instal flash player. The link redirect to the flash install page which says that there is no available flash player for my system. In Firefox I could download the flashplayer.
Which version of IE do you have ?

• Jacek Kozlowski

Dont know whats wrong with my steam,till yesterday it needed 15sec for start up...today it took me 30min to launch it.
All the time i could see that it trys to connect my account but no result.Did some pc restarting but again took me another 30min. to start it:pissed-off:.

Well, everything works fine and the backup tool does work. So Steam is not that bad after all. The downloadtime is not great but also not that bad, don't you think?

Still, I would prefer to have bought GTRE in a store. Now I'm forced to startup via Steam which is slow imho. And you are forced to use Steam, update it and so on. Think I just don't like being forced to do anything :sinister:

And now we are forced to buy STCC via Steam again as I can't find it anywhere in the stores :smirk:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%