Steam Workshop Local Files

Hi. A question regarding Steam Workshop.

I was never fond of Steam Workshop integration but I thought it has a positive side... saving space on my hard drive. However, looking to free up some space, I noticed in steamapps/common/workshop the .rfcmp files containing the downloaded content are locally stored, diminishing the only positive side of the Workshop for me.

I know the content is installed even if I delete the .rfcmps, but is there anything that would keep me from deleting those files? Any downside? Can I delete the rfcmp.cache files which the rebranded ISI content has?

Thanks for any replies :)

Unfortunately no, you can't delete them; Steam will re-download them next time you start it up… The only way would be to unsubscribe, but that just takes away the main advantage of the workshop, which is the automatic update…

I'm like you getting tight on space, and I'm amazed with the space rF2 is taking…:rolleyes: I wish there will be some optimization there too! :)

At least with components you could install and delete the files, or like me, put them on an external drive. This Workshop system is pretty crappy this way.

Anyways I have deleted everything. And I will start building up the sim when the DX11 build will go out of beta.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back