Steam workshop / corruption

So I have to redownload ~25gb of stuff - files are all there but my .adf is corrupted!

I initially downloaded the files, but it crashed meaning I'm redownloading again.

I seriously hope this stupid way of storing a library of all .rcmp files, even after they have been installed / resolve the wasted space in the process.

Little moan I guess, but what a really antiquated implementation this is :(

So I have to redownload ~25gb of stuff - files are all there but my .adf is corrupted!

You can do a game files integrity check without downloading the complete content again?

The workshop content (any installed content I think) should be scanned during the launcher start up, with at least an error message given for any corrupted content. I am pretty sure any missing or corrupted content will normally reinstall itself. In a worst case you could delete any problem track / vehicle from the installed folder and it should install itself again from the *.rfcmp files.

For sure the rF2 install system is not the best and could be improved, but overall it seems to function ok.

My complaint would be the apparent lack of any cleanup feature/system for any unused, obsolete, or orphaned content.

Already asked in another thread how to get rid of them to no avail.

Have you used the MOD manager tool that is in the bin32 folder? It is not perfect and may leave some orphans behind so you still need to do a bit of manual cleanup (also seems a bit dodgy with the workshop stuff), but it is a nice tool to identify content with various versions, installed or in rfcmp files.

You need to reconfigure the folder paths the tool looks to... if I recall you point to the root rF2 folder and any package folders you use.

EDIT: Also I remember there is a log file you can delete from your user data folder (I dont remember the name atm but it should be easy enough for you to find) that is responsible for the error messages in the launcher config. It could be you are getting a false report in that message window.

Last edited:
Have you used the MOD manager tool that is in the bin32 folder? It is not perfect and may leave some orphans behind so you still need to do a bit of manual cleanup (also seems a bit dodgy with the workshop stuff), but it is a nice tool to identify content with various versions, installed or in rfcmp files.

You need to reconfigure the folder paths the tool looks to... if I recall you point to the root rF2 folder and any package folders you use.

EDIT: Also I remember there is a log file you can delete from your user data folder (I dont remember the name atm but it should be easy enough for you to find) that is responsible for the error messages in the launcher config. It could be you are getting a false report in that message window.

The issue is workshop stuff that I subscribed to but was then removed from the workshop. No way to get rid of it and it just keeps reinstalling. There is also a S397 GT3 pack that I never bought that throws-up error messages every time (since I bought the different, latest GT3 pack). The only problems are with workshop. I know how to deal with the manual install stuff since 2012 ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%