STEAM VR with WMR Questions

I've been fiddling with Steam VR and in-game graphical settings for various sims and am making progress in getting some performance out of my new videocard. However, I still have a few questions:

1. In RRE3, PC2, RF2 and KartKraft, I get frame rates above 45 FPS in WMR. However, in AC framerates will not exceed 45 FPS no matter what I try. Lower graphical settings vs high graphical settings and racing solo vs racing against numerous AI opponents makes no difference. All seem to have a ceiling of 45 FPS in AC, even though SteamVR settings are unchanged from the other sims.

Any ideas on why I seem to hit that 45 FPS ceiling ONLY in AC? Is there any way to get around it?

2. Also, is there any way to stop WMR from switching to "headset mouse" mode? I constantly have to remove the headset in order to hit "Windows - Y" to get back control of my mouse. It's pretty annoying.

Any help with these two issues would be greatly appreciated!

dunno about problem 1 but with problem 2 what i do is start steamvr and then the wmr app opens too, i then minimise them and then start the game. i too suffered from the mouse problem but now it works 100% of the time if i do it this way.

Can you run a benchmark like firrestrike?
Firstrike has a free version and will show your system in relation to other people who have the same system. Something doesn't seem to be right.

Don't run any visuals mods in VR as that will certainly cripple framerates in AC. Also what CPU are you running in your PC Bert? AC is a bit a CPU hog so it's possible it's a CPU bottleneck.

Your hardware is fine. It must be your Assetto Corsa settings. We're talking about Assetto Corsa and not Assetto Corsa Competizone? The VR performance in ACC is horrendous for everyone. What super-sampling % are you using and screenshots of your graphics settings in AC would be helpful. Your system should handle Assetto Corsa without much difficulty.

Talking strictly about AC, not ACC. (ACC is another issue altogether, since I can't get VR to work at all in ACC. I "hover" above ACC's main menu, making it unreadable. It's apparently a known issue with WMR headsets, as others have reported the same problem.)

I currently have SS set in SteamVR Settings/Video at 144 (ie - the value which SteamVR shows is recommended for my system), but have tried values as low as 100, and un-checking the "manual override" box altogether, as well.

As for the application-specific SS setting for AC alone, I've tried all sorts of values between 100 and 200.

No matter what combinations of these values that I've tried, MY FPS in VR is pegged at 45 max in any mode other than "Practice". :( <shrug>

If you tell me exactly how to take a screenshot and how to post it here, I'll give that a shot.

Standard key for steam screenshots is f12. Alternatively you can use printscreen and then open mspaint and press ctrl+v. Save the image and attach it here using forum functions.

Sorry for my ignorance about this, but where do I find the screenshot (ie - in which folder) after I take it? And what is it's file format? (Ie - jpg? bmp? something else?)

Thanks!

Sorry for my ignorance about this, but where do I find the screenshot (ie - in which folder) after I take it? And what is it's file format? (Ie - jpg? bmp? something else?)

Thanks!
Normally jpeg and the if you take the steam screenshot, after you close the game a steam window will appear asking if you wish to upload to the cloud and there you can select "see on disk" (paraphrasing) and it will take you to the folder where your screenshots are saved. With paint you save them wherever you want.

Normally jpeg and the if you take the steam screenshot, after you close the game a steam window will appear asking if you wish to upload to the cloud and there you can select "see on disk" (paraphrasing) and it will take you to the folder where your screenshots are saved. With paint you save them wherever you want.

OK - Got my screenshot. It's on my Windows Desktop. How do I paste it into a post here? (Image posting requires a url and my pic doesn't have one.)

Thanks.

You can drag and drop it into the post.

AC Graphics.jpg

Hey, that worked. Thanks!

Okay, I see the problem straight away, you're using the Sol mod. That will kill your FPS in VR. That's the issue. Disable post processing and try running AC again.

Good thought, but that's not it either. :( I still only get 45FPS in VR in a race with only 2 opponents. Plus the graphics look like sh_t.

BTW - FWIW, when running single screen (with Sol enabled), I get FR around 160 with 10 AI opponents.

Good thought, but that's not it either. :( I still only get 45FPS in VR in a race with only 2 opponents. Plus the graphics look like sh_t.

BTW - FWIW, when running single screen (with Sol enabled), I get FR around 160 with 10 AI opponents.

Believe me, It's the post-processing and Sol mod that's killing your VR performance.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%