Steam update problem

After the resent steam update i got a strange problem, every time i minimized the game to chat with someone on stem , the game crashes and stops working , and the only way to restart the game again is by going to task manager and highlight the game there and click on end task... i never had this problem before !!
Any one is having the same problem? any idea how to fix it?

Cheers
Anthony

I am having the same problem, started a couple of days ago.
Everytime I ALT/TAB back to desktop to do anything else, the PC freezes up and the only way to get it going again is to go into Task Manager and close Race 07.
Two other Aussie guys that I was racing with had identical problems as well.
I can use Shift Tab to chat via Steam ok, but ALT/TAB is a no no.

I can't say exactly when it started, since I haven't been using ALT TAB very much and only noticed it very recently. Previously, it was never a problem.

A little update on my experience of this problem.

I wanted to test if running the game in Windowed mode solved it. If I try to run the Race On Config screen by opening it via Steam, it wont run, just a message to advise Microsoft etc. However, if I go back into the Config.exe file manually within Windows, I can run it ok. Looks like a Steam issue to me.

BTW, running Race On in Windowed mode works ok, no problems opening and closing the Race On window.

Don't know if others are experiencing the same thing, can someone check if they can run the Config option via Steam??

Latest update:

The problem is caused by XD (Motec info).

Looking closer at the windows error message info, it says the problem is with D3D9.dll (the XD addon file).

Removing this file (ie. removing XD) solves all the problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%