Steam says: "This game is currently unavailable"

Anyone else have this problem before? No idea what to do...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 322
Dustin - Ross' answer made me think - could it be that your PC 'thinks' the game is already running? Has the PC been compleately shut down, not just a restart, standby or shut down then immediately (less than a minute) started since you started getting this message? I have had strange problems like this that won't go away with restarts or shut down and start again - but have cleared following a either an overnight shut down or a shutdown - disconect power supply - press on button (while still unplugged to use any residual power) - then plug in and start up.. I think its to do with clearing memory totally and restarts don't give time for everything to totally clear..

Also somewhere in Steam is an option to 'check game file integrity' or something along those lines - I think it might be in the menu if you right click on a game, although I am not logged in at the moment so can't find it - you could try running that too.

Try the following: logoff and shutdown steam, then go to your steam folder and delete these files:

AppUpdateStats.blob
ClientRegistry.blob

Then restart steam. You will be prompted for login and password again, and it should work.

It happened a couple of times to me and this always solved the problem.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.6%