Steam only Release for AC

Denigrating those who aren't as committed or talented as yourself is unworthy of you.

Really?

You misunderstand me. Not a matter of talent or commitment, that lack is only a reflex of what they are. No, it's just a matter of respect which, according to a moderator from another forum, these types don't have. They only cause trouble and, as someone at NG said, can't be reasoned with.

These "new faces" who show up here and elsewhere insult people, incite flames whenever possible (the ones Lee Knight named in the other thread - plus a handful of others - showed up here with the same attitude, twisting other people's posts (see the latest post to Marcel's last post) and resorting to insult).

Up until 3 years ago these "people" wouldn't have a place among us.

But here they are and usually discussions end up badly.

As I said (some) people getting mad who don't like Steam but that's their own problem. They may have problems with Steam but selling them as facts for everyone (when they are in reality just problems which caused by their own faults in many cases) and go to the absolute defense with that is no good behavior either...

Calling other peoples bad because they don't think the same is a bit poor imo.

Well I'll enjoying AC on Steam and Steam enemys should give Steam a second chance imo.

steam is cozy - just a click, game shows up in gallery, one more click and you can play - no questions asked about the drawbacks

and no, most of the games on steams are not cheaper at the release

This is not because steam want it this way. Digital Distribution is clearly the cheaper way of doing it. It's major Retailers like Gamestop that put pressure on the Publishers so that the games cost the same digitally. Imagine a Title like Bioshock Infinite not being stocked -> Desaster.

BTW, Bioshock Infinite requires a steam activation too, as many other Titles do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication

What I don't understand is why those who are obviously going to enjoy Assetto Corsa on Steam need to be so vocal about it? You'll be getting the game with all the features you want and you still sound annoyed at something. I doubt it's the fact that other people have different expectations than them, because that's usually settled by the end of adolescence, there must be something else.

Regardless, you guys better make good videos of the game, at least. Those who support unnecessary restrictions on software should make themselves useful to compensate. :whistling:

What I don't understand is why those who are obviously going to enjoy Assetto Corsa on Steam need to be so vocal about it? You'll be getting the game with all the features you want and you still sound annoyed at something.

We are on a forum. If you dont want people to give their opinion on your post then dont post at all pls. When I see somebody with expectations from the last decade towards a game, I feel obligated to convey my opinion on the subject.

We are on a forum. If you dont want people to give their opinion on your post then dont post at all pls. When I see somebody with expectations from the last decade towards a game, I feel obligated to convey my opinion on the subject.
So it's the retrograde nature of wanting to have a software product that runs on its own that irks you? Adding layers of possible failure points seems like regression to me, rather than evolution.

Really?

You misunderstand me. Not a matter of talent or commitment, that lack is only a reflex of what they are. No, it's just a matter of respect which, according to a moderator from another forum, these types don't have. They only cause trouble and, as someone at NG said, can't be reasoned with.

These "new faces" who show up here and elsewhere insult people, incite flames whenever possible (the ones Lee Knight named in the other thread - plus a handful of others - showed up here with the same attitude, twisting other people's posts (see the latest post to Marcel's last post) and resorting to insult).

Up until 3 years ago these "people" wouldn't have a place among us.

But here they are and usually discussions end up badly.

Your call, though..

Chronus If I am misinterpreting you I apologize. However I see plenty of people that I respect, in sim racing, on both sides of the Steam fence, and who I remember from BHM & RSC days. There have always been trolls, just nowadays people can use forums from phones, tablets etc. so there are many more users. Maybe that's the price we pay for progress.
I know the community is much larger now but I still have never failed to get help or advice from it's members when I needed it. Yes there may be a few bad yins, but the vast bulk are a good part of the community, and yes they may indeed be Steam users.

adding unnecessary stuff to make the life of a legit customer as hard as possible,
and then bitch about piracy because some try to circumvent the mess created but those "additions"

Those are the cool ways of game industry not willing to deal with the problems they create....
It's been done again... and again... and again...

Chronus If I am misinterpreting you I apologize. However I see plenty of people that I respect, in sim racing, on both sides of the Steam fence, and who I remember from BHM & RSC days. There have always been trolls, just nowadays people can use forums from phones, tablets etc. so there are many more users. Maybe that's the price we pay for progress.

Fair enough.

I will share with you an incident.

One of the "trolls" emailed me half an hour ago; turns out I know the guy and have helped him with the physics of Racer and a couple of rFactor mods. He apologized for some of the "twisting" he has been up to but he admits to "having a lot of fun with the hardcore bunch".

Take a look at those asking others not to post here while at the same time twisting the posts of others or even engaging on insults.

You say it's the price of progress. Quite a price...

And we're surprised that the likes of Lee Knight don't post here any more. Quite a sad trade-off: valid people like Lee for a bunch of people who do nothing but disrupt any community they get into.

What about my point, that without the mainstream we would not have the game choices we are going to get this year.

That is your opinion. That is what Steam sells us with their "massive numbers".

There are always alternatives.

But that is no longer relevant. Kunos has set a path and that is all there is to it.

On the other hand: if the "mainstream" provides for a big number of "game choices" and these "choices" pale in comparison to the choices we had (NR2003, GPL, rFactor, GTL, Race07, NKP, LFS), what good are they for?

It is a problem the industry creates,and maintains,because in case something flops there is always a need for a scapegoat.

Anyways usually when I absolutely want something and want to avoid DRM I go the same route.
Because I can still support the devs and have it my way.

This time though I will have to pass the game completely,
Since i have bigger issues with what's going on other than steam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back