Steam+MOD GTR Evolution

Hi guys, I'm installing GTR Evolution and Race07 from Steam....
But when I will end how I can install new cars and new track on the game.....
Because I read that the game that are installed from Steam are saved in a Steam's folder in .gcf format file....

Hi guys, I'm installing GTR Evolution and Race07 from Steam....
But when I will end how I can install new cars and new track on the game.....
Because I read that the game that are installed from Steam are saved in a Steam's folder in .gcf format file....

It should all be the same

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\kralj_svemira\race 07\Gamedata\Locations

I hadn't even known .gcf files existed until now :D. And I had Race 07 and a bunch of mods and tracks for years.

I understand....
But you have download the game from steam or you have buy the game, and install him from a CD-ROM or DVD...
Because, I buy the game with a magazine, and when I'm coming to install the program call me if I want install an Online or Offline version of the game...
Now I'm install a Online version of the game, but the only thing that was installed is steam, whom now downloading GTR Evolution and Race07....

Johnny - no difference at all in how you install mods/tracks, the procedure for installing them is the same wether you installed from a DVD or from a Steam Download - you do NOT need to interefere with or change the gcf files. I would, however, recommend sticking with mods/tracks that have been loaded into the RD download section, because these are tried and tested by the RD community and are therefore known to not cause problems and conflicts. (some mods can conflict with each other as for example the number of car id slots in game is limited so if you install two mods that use the same id for different cars your going to get minidumps and CTD's)

Ah ok XD....
Soo the files .gcf need only for install the games on the PC...
Is correct

No, it is not. The Steam application never install downloaded games. Please check folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\user\race 07\ just after the game is installed. There should be limited amount of files/folders because most information is read straight from .gcf files. GCF is like CD/DVD image.

Hello here. I have no Gamedata folder in my sons Race On/GTR Evo Steam install. I gifted it to him through steam and downloaded it completely from Steam. How do I install mods and tracks on this type of install.
"Custom Skins" and "UIData" is the only 2 folders in the "race 07" folder under steam.
Thanks for any help

I bought a cd version of race on and gtr evo for me a long time ago and have had no problem installing mods and tracks on my rig.

I was in a hurry to leave for work when I posted. I've got windows XP with complete digital download and that's what will work. Thanks a bunch. I'll do it tomorrow and put the Porsche Mobil One mod and the Algarve Portuguese track in it. I just watched a WTCC race at Algarve and the track looked great for racing. My son's and my sim rigs set side by side in a room and I gifted him the Race On and GTR EVO games during the Christmas sale on Steam. We have been having a blast. I've had all of them since the day they came out but we have never been able to LAN race it until now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%