Steam keys for current owners of GSC Extreme

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
GSC Extreme Steam release coming up shortly! If you already own it you may now switch your Serial Number for a Steam key from the official GSC Extreme website:

http://game-stockcar.com.br/steam-key/?lang=en

This is valid for purchases made from release until yesterday (February 9th). New non-Steam purchases will NO LONGER warrant Steam keys.

EDIT: Small bug in the database detected and fixed, If you tried when this was originally posted and did not manage to retrieve your key, please try again.

Last edited:
I've owned GSC for ten, or so, happy months now. Why would I want a Steam key? What's the purpose of having a Steam key?

You might want a Steam key if (a) you use Steam features, like the overlay to chat with other people, take screenshots, etc. and/or (b) you dislike the current patching process and would like a more hassle-free one. There's another minor reason (from the user's perspective!): if you own GSC on Steam, you can write a review for it, post in the Steam forums, etc. It could help Reiza to make the game more popular and get them more funds :)

I read somewhere that Steam version will get small updates while standalone will get only major upgrades from now on. Is it true? If so, this is the only reason that will push me to Steam, as I prefer standalone version.

No, any updates done to Steam will also be done to nonSteam install simultaneously via GSC Sync. There won´t be a full installer anymore but if you have v1.21 install, all you need to do to update outside Steam is run GSC Sync everytime we update something.

What you describe is the plan we have for Formula Truck 2013, which doesn´t have a Sync tool. It will probably not be updated as full non Steam install until we reach the final version. Everything in between will be only via Steam.

so without sounding rude, theres absolutely no point going to steam then.
how about mods/sweetfx/clamp dll etc, will these work on a steam install and also when you update the exe?

cheers

I guess "the point" would depend on how you feel about Steam :) In time, there will be Steam-specific features such as achievements, etc which you would only be able to use from Steam. But for the core game itself, it will remain the same.

Mods should also work just the same as they do now.

so without sounding rude, theres absolutely no point going to steam then.
how about mods/sweetfx/clamp dll etc, will these work on a steam install and also when you update the exe?

cheers
well if you are using steam for other games there is no reason to not use it for this one too .. but I understand if you don`t like services like Steam .. I believe mods, sweetfx, etc will work to .. just like with Simbin games ..

When the Steam version goes live, how does it work in regards to the standalone install? Do I just install the Steam version, copy what I need from the old install (player file, controller ini's etc.) and then uninstall the standalone?

When the Steam version goes live, how does it work in regards to the standalone install? Do I just install the Steam version, copy what I need from the old install (player file, controller ini's etc.) and then uninstall the standalone?

Answer from Reiza to my question about non-steam and steam install coexistince:

"Jan Mikuž said:

But will my current installs and Steam install coexist and all work or do I need to remove the non steam installs for the steam version to work properly ? @Reiza Studios"

Current installs will continue to work, so you won´t have a problem keeping both Steam & NonSteam installs in your current system (plus however many multiple NonSteam installs you may have), but if you switch your NonSteam Serial Number for a Steam key you won´t be able to activate your NonSteam install in a fresh system again.

Answer from Reiza to my question about non-steam and steam install coexistince:

"Jan Mikuž said:

But will my current installs and Steam install coexist and all work or do I need to remove the non steam installs for the steam version to work properly ? @Reiza Studios"

Current installs will continue to work, so you won´t have a problem keeping both Steam & NonSteam installs in your current system (plus however many multiple NonSteam installs you may have), but if you switch your NonSteam Serial Number for a Steam key you won´t be able to activate your NonSteam install in a fresh system again.

Great help, thank you very much. :)

hello Reiza studios,

i have a question....

if i do switch to steam GSC, then i did read, that if i do buy a new computer i can not activate the NON steam GSC again (hope i have this correct understand).

so, if i do complete switch to steam GSC, can i make multiple versions of GSC then too?
as i like to have 1xtotaly clean, orginal version of GSC,
1xfor mods for testing and chance things in mods. for my own
1-2 versions of GSC for leagues (actual i am only in 1xleauge).

is this possible with STEAM GSC ???
and if so, how to do this?

if you can give me an answear, please do it in very easy english words, my english is not good and my knowledge in computer is limit too (so all this buy racegames over online was a nightmare for me)

thanks and
servus

so, if i do complete switch to steam GSC, can i make multiple versions of GSC then too?
as i like to have 1xtotaly clean, orginal version of GSC,
1xfor mods for testing and chance things in mods. for my own
1-2 versions of GSC for leagues (actual i am only in 1xleauge).

is this possible with STEAM GSC ???
and if so, how to do this?

if you can give me an answear, please do it in very easy english words, my english is not good and my knowledge in computer is limit too (so all this buy racegames over online was a nightmare for me)

thanks and
servus

The answer is no.

thanks mid-pack jack,

so for me, i see no reason to jump to steam, as long the nonsteam version is exactly same with every update too,
for me it is more important to have multiple install of the game.
and with steam GSC i can not make this if i will buy new computer somewhere in future.

servus

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years