Steam keeps crashing...

Hi
Since last night I cannot run my online version of GTR Evo. It appears to start loading, but then drops out and I get an error message stating

"Please submit the file 'minidump/race_steam_1.1.1.20-20090101-145131-3460-1740.dmp along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to a developer near you".

Are there any developers out there who may be able to help, or could there be an issue with the date rollover as I used the game earlier in the evening without any issues.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

No action for me lately. Due to my game crashing inexplicably and no sign of support from either Simbin, Valve, Atari or any other avenue, I've given up playing it ever again! Just about to buy a wheel and join the club, but no game, no go. I've tried everything from complete uninstall, including registry clean, then reinstall, but even my standalone version of the game will not run after all this. I almost feel I've been robbed by Simbin, Steam or Play as I've paid my money and cannot play my game. All other games and apps work, e-mails sent to Atari, Valve, etc. but no sign of a response which I think is crap. Having been scouring the net for forums or info on this issue, and I'm not alone, it seems the weak link is Steam with it getting in the way of many other users pleasure. Sorry to rant on a bit, but when you've got to vent, you've got to vent!!

Back to the PS2 and GT...

Dave
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried completely wiping the computer of anything to do with Valve, Steam, Simbin, GTR or Race07 and running a fresh install, but to no avail. The last thing I tried was to clean everything off and just install the standalone version, but that won't run either. Nothing has changed with my PC, no drivers or graphics changed, no updates, nothing that I can say changed. Maybe five hours after it last worked, it didn't work any more. I've now tried reinstalling Steam and then reinstalling the game, but Steam servers too busy to deal with my request, try again in a few minutes. Grrrrr!!

Mark

When you say, "Crashing inexplicably". Is there a Race 07 error message, saying something along the lines of:
Please submit this code ........................ to a developer near you along with what you think is the source of the problem?
Because 3 night ago I suddenly started getting these mini-dump messages as my Race 07 kept crashing too =/
You aren't alone, but mine seems to have good days and bad days now.
Hope it gets better mate :(

Regards

Hi
Some good news at last! After tracking down a contact at Simbin and finding out that the game code was not at fault, I started looking elsewhere. I tried updating various files, but it still wouldn't work. Eventually I resorted to unplugging everything from my PC, including a weatherstation I have attached. It turned out that if the USB weatherstation was plugged in, the game crashed on bootup. I can't explain this at all, but I've not got the game running again and trying to catch up on lost time. Due to multiple reinstalls, unfortunately I've lost all my setups fromt the first month of playing the game, but hopefully I'll be getting some ideas from the forums here to build up some better ones.

Thanks to those who suggested various things to resolve this problem, I don't think anyone would have guessed this one in a hundred years, though!

Mark

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back