steam issues

can anyone tell me if steam have people working there, i have submitted a question and have had no reply even tho i got the email saying they have received my question, very frustraed with this as i wish to play on line racing

Hi Jim

thanks for the reply, my problem is. I brought gtr evo outright from a video store awhile back and at the time my computer needed upgrades for the game so i didnt install the online version, now im ready to go online so install steam and at the point of entering the code activation number, in which i did steam said that the code was already being used, i have now a steam account and support account and have loaded my game gtr evo on to the steam screen but when i go to play the game on line and go thru steam my game does not have the multilayer word on the main screen thus i cant get into the servers and rd. i am trying to contact them as in there info it does have this problem and u can change the code to this game so it can be activated i guess, thus giving me the multilayer function. i think this is the problem

thanks ben

I would save any custom skins and tracks that you have, uninstall and then reinstall the steam version first, then the offline version and see if that helps. I have seen this resolve the issue in the past.

I did a little quick reading and if you are getting a duplicate cd key message there could be a couple of things. First off have you ever installed the steam version in the past, possibly with a different steam account? If this is the case go here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6823-QADN-7849

If this is not the case then go here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1673-IDGK-4694

It seems the activation is registered to the account and not the system.

Hope one of those is able to get you up and going, though I doubt they work weekends.

I have a silly question to ask was the game new or it preowned?

If it was new and you haven't had it that long you should be able to get a direct swap via your consumer rights.

If on the other hand it was preowned you'll have to check the stores policy on preowned software. On the Preowned side it will take you an age to claim the CD via Steam because the the CD has allready been registred by its original owner and therefore proving the game is now in your hands legimitly will take alot of communication betweeen you and Steam.

hi jarrod

thanks for the info and yes you are right it is a hire game and yes its been used, my only solution is to buy a new version and sell this one.
hopefully the one i buy or should i say am downloading will work properly

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing