Steam is being a pain again

I was online because I still had my game running, crashes for me too now after restarting:( and that program is called Hamachi I think Kennett, but that probably lags like hell. I hope its fixed soon

and there is no filter-preset file of any kind that can be manipulated?

Not that i know of. There use to be a method of creating player names that crashed servers, i think this relates to smae bug but done in the server name.. Someone has been "creative" like using something in the order of ".:---XX_best#server#ever_XX---:." manually since the dedi won't accept those characters...

Guus, yeah Hamachi but that will seriously lag with Race, no doubt about that, stupid of me to even mention it..

Checked everything i could think of, the filter is most likely created when the game starts so we don't have access to it.. A lot of games have direct connect via command line but i don't know if Race supports it and even if it does, i don't know the commands.

Tonight I have "missing interface" when I try to launch RaceOn:mad:, this is a new one for me:(

I haven't touched anything since I was last online on the 27th of Aug

Not sure what to do to fix it, gonna be a long night me thinks:coffee:

Jim

Update: go into steam library, top left corner, check for steam updates, updated:)

I can now launch the game:), but I've now got the CTD when going into the server list:(, still.... I'm slightly better off than I was an hour ago:rolleyes:

Update2: so I went offline to practice and now my wheel won't work!.... I rebooted earlier and while I popped downstairs there was a mighty crash, some wires had wrapped around the wheel as it calibrated and pulled my back up drive off the desk

Jim

Last edited:
From Steam thread:

we had this issue some months ago. I remember this very well, there was a workaround with deactivating lan connection, start race07 offline, use the lobby filter (for example: project-race.de) and than go online

EDIT: WORKS!

WORKAROUND
Start Race07

Unplug your internet cable and go to server list

Go to filter and enter PrestoGP.

Don't worry, you'll be booted back to main menu at some point as you have no connection.

Filter still stays, plug the cable back, go to online and hey presto: You'll see only PrestoGP servers.

Say thank you.

EDIT: Workaround for filter text menu time on workaround: Alt tab to Windows, seek some text box (like Start -> Search) and type presto. Copy that, go back to Race, go to filter menu and press ctrl+v.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure the situation is fixed by tomorrow. I'm just hoping that it ain't a troll cause then he will just do it all over again.. I could shut down the whole lobby, if i want but i don't....

It did crash once when i was typing password, maybe it's just a question of "keep trying"? You need to enter the server list and then connect the cable, don't do it in filter menu as the filter is not active yet!

Kennett's workaround works for me, though I did need to try it a couple of times. It kicked me out of the filter screen a couple of times, but eventually I got presto into the box and it remains the default so I seem to be able to get our servers easily now.

Very annoyingly however, my helmut has returned... Though I think I still have no bugs after the last steam update. I had copied those two files into every directory I could find during last season and had no success with bugs but the helmut was gone. Now the reverse seems to he happening.

We need a new game. I would have thought the one big advantage to using a game with 07 in the title would be that it should be pretty consistent by now, no updates, no changes, just quietly forgotten in the corner. Instead we have the worst of both worlds. (This is a completely pointless rant as we are obviously here for this season)

Hopefully everyone can manage Kennett's workaround and get on the server. See you all in the morning.

Tim.

kennetts fix is a good one and no doubt it could get us all racing, but is it too much to ask everyone manages to do it in time and without problems for the race?

my personal opinion is we should give it until a certain time today, if this isnt resolved then we should look to postpone the race until next week so that this problem will be resolved for everyone.

might also give some guys a chance to get used to new hardware, practise more on track, and a couple guys who couldnt make tonights race would give them another chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back