RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just added myself to the list, but here's the obligatory skinpack post :D

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Racing Monza '07 is a waste of time. The track limits are way too strict; the game hands out penalties to even the slightest mistakes in Rettifilo and Roggia. It'll even hand out a penalty for straight-lining Rettifilo, even though it's slower to go through the barriers.

If the B version is as bad as the full circuit, I won't be racing on Friday.

After smoking everyone off the line in race 1 I found myself on the inside heading to turn 1 - a position I was unfamiliar with, and couldn't spot my braking point - spun across the track, but fortunately didn't take anyone with me!
Waited for the field to go by then set off in pursuit.
After passing a few cars that had minor mistakes / run offs I thought I was doing ok, until I made the mistake of reading the chat at the top of the screen, I then realised I was well past my braking point for Lesmo 2 :-(
Off to the beach for me! - Suspension / aero damage...

Race 2 - reverse grid, sorry guys, bogged it down and held a few people up...
Got passed by just about everyone, but managed to stay on track a little longer.
Still cam in around last, but enjoyed the BMW challenge!

Thanks all, and grats to winners & podiums

Ian

Disregarding some screwups by myself, that was some nice racing :D

I had put in a few laps, but then again, you just know Monza, kind of, at least ;) Managed to get pretty fast and finished P1 up front. On a whim, I decided to put in low fuel - shouldn't have done that. I wasn't used to the handling of an "empty" car and although I had time to adjust during the outlap, I didn't know what T1 would be like - screwed up braking point a bit, turned in to early, cut, DQ'd ;)
Alright then, a race from the back it would be. I thought. But in all their friendliness, some other guys screwed up, as well, and thus pushed me into P7.

Started okay, but a traffic jam running through T1 & T2 rather slowly allowed me to gain a few positions - after the first lap, I was in P4 (I think), hunting the leading trio consisting of Dave, Istval and Loz, all while both Peter and Matthias were lurking in the places behind, gaining time ;)
Unfortunately, both a spin through the second chicane and a slide through Parabolica made me lose several seconds, so Peter (who later DNF'd) and Matthias got by during the race.
With Dave collecting a stop-and-go, I was in P4 and with 2 laps to go, I had a nice last-minute battle with Istvan who finished mere thousands in front me, nice one :)

Had a better start into race #2, and, once more, got through the first chicane rather good with a BMW almost sliding in to me - instead, it likely blocked off a few competitors, and off I was - for a while :D
Peter gained time on me rapidly, and after some really good fighting, he went by - with Matthias about 9secs behind, I hadn't that much to worry, though - or had I?
Once again, I spun through the second chicane and got going only 2-ish seconds in front of Matthias, who managed to pass me a few kilometres down the line. Peter, who had waited after I spun (thanks! :)) turned out to be too fast for Matthias' S60, though :)

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%