RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Even though I am not going to race in this, here's a revised track map to help you guys :roflmao:

PicNews140908.jpg

A nice Kentucky Bourbon in hand, here are a few thoughts from my race.

I do like setting up my own cars, today's was almost a dream.
I must be one of the worst drivers to ever launch a race car from the grid?
Thank goodness Bjorn got talked into a Default car!
A "Thank You" to who ever put the marks on the curbs showing Snr where to apex, they were just early enough to send him off track on the way out.
I'm Glad also that Snr keeps going for the two tire stops and ends up losing time in the last half of the race.
Please, someone find me an open track, I can't handle cars being right in front of me, entering a corner Really screws me up on braking/entry points and all I ever do is lose out to the driver in front[and back :(]

Good "stuff" today, good crowd, some passing going on, good gang of drivers.

Another Mini Friday I probably should have avoided.
Qualify:
Managed to get in for a few minutes of practice before the qualifying session. Been practicing all week for RylR Super Prix in the F3000s so huge slow down jumping into the mini. Somehow managed to qualify in 10th then ran my best lap in warmup.
Race:
Lost a couple of postions with a slow start but stayed with the pack. Got under @Tim Ling coming out of turn 1. Tim attempted to get his postion back by trying to jump through a brief hole between myself and @Alex Odell which we both tried to close resulting in Tim catching my back fender putting us both into a spin. (I'm not really sure if it was just a race incident or if one of us was at fault, it all starts at 83 seconds in if anyone would like to take a look and possibly comment. If I was the one at fault my appologies to Tim)
15312232409_63832717b8_c.jpg

Chased him briefly for the next few laps but as I said after a week of F3000s in wet and dry just couldn't settle into the car. Did trudge on however and ran the entire 40mins. Finished 12th after retirements.

I have noticed as well you can gauge how well everyone is doing based on the ongoing chat. Everyone spread out its very quiet, everyone running pretty close lots of chatter :):)

. Tim attempted to get his postion back by trying to jump through a brief hole between myself and @Alex Odell which we both tried to close resulting in Tim catching my back fender putting us both into a spin. (I'm not really sure if it was just a race incident or if one of us was at fault, it all starts at 83 seconds in if anyone would like to take a look and possibly comment. If I was the one at fault my apologies to Tim)

Bjorn is in the back room, sharpening up my beheading axe.....no, that's not how it's done.
If either of you think it was an "incident" then give it a day and a PM to talk it over. If that does not resolve it then present it to staff[Bjorn or myself] in a PM with your argument and a video showing the incident from several perspectives so we can present it to all of the staff in RD for a review and discussion.

In the end, Tim is the last to leave the scene, if he was "responsible" he has fullfilled his "Golden Rule" responsibility

@Robert Covey Looking at the replay, I think I'm more at fault :( TBH I didn't realise I had tapped your rear at the time, but I'd put it down to just a racing incident, if you don't mind:notworthy:

No worries at all Tim. As I said, think we sorted it on track and even viewing the replay pretty sure it was just the two of us racing hard for the position. Its just unfortunate the contact sent us both sliding off track. Monza should be interesting.

Well I just had a great fun hour or so testing all the cars, I jump in one test it and think, "yeah this is the one", then I try another, "no its this one", then another etc... :)
I got got down to 2 now, Viper or Saleen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%