RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

had 2 verry enjoyable races

qualy*
got a 3rd on the row, was verry verry suprised with this

*race1*
got a good start behind Sandis and could even grap place 2 of him but then my tyers had there first grip drop already in lap 6 or so i started to drop back to 3rd
from then i only had to worry about Pascal who put a awsome pressure on me and stayed all the time clean while does
i did a error as we entered the back straid and lost a lot momentum was checking mirror where Pascal is so i stay clean but to late he was already there ( dont worry about me Pascal was more my foult)
cuz of the one night stand we had i lost concentraion and on top my tyers finaly gave up under my driving and turned into some black bloop i tryed to preserv a 4th

Race*
had again a pretty nice start and came up to 2nd chasing Rhys who was driving like the devil himself is chasing him no way to close up on him
then i had Sandi under my rearwing and he got me at the 2nd last turne, but i had a better exit and tryed to get 2nd back at the last turne but missed my braking and could not move more to the inside
so i hitted Sandis realy hart on left rear sending him into the kittylitter ( Sorry Sandis was realy not intentional)
i drove to the kittylitter to to let him revover infront of me while reentering he directly spun it again so i waited some more
as we finaly was going again he was 6th i was 7th but i could see he has problems with the car handling so i not realy was attacking as he spun it att he 2nd last corner
so i was 6th could close up to 5th quite fast and was fighting with Pascal as my tyers again had a big grip drop
and i started to loose time on pascal as then suddenly i came around the last corner as he just was recovering and i grabbed 4th no way i could come up to 3rd so i started already to save fuel then i saw gary got over the line with 30 secs left *shakesfist*
oh well one more lap.. 2nd last corner only 0.30 fuel left..... last corner exit 0.06 left
it was not even enough to nail the pedal completely befor the engien stoped was rolling with 90 km/h and saw Sandis coming who got me 5 meters befor the line o.O

nice racing guys thanks t oErick and RD for setting it up

• Chris Rodgers

Unfortunately I will have to pull out of this race as I am sick and won't be able to keep my eyes open let alone concentrate for 24 laps.:disapointed:Good luck to all i'll see you for the next one.

Sorry to hear that Julian, hope you get over it soon before it spoils your Christmas....see you in the new year :)

Thanks to Eric and RD for putting this on. I was working on a set-up when I fortunately remembered to check the start time. Good thing I did as it was a bit earlier than I remembered.

In practice I had trouble the FPS in the game. Sometimes this happens with Race add-on tracks or maybe I just screwed up when I tried to switch some settings on my graphics card towards performance.

OK, I am normally in the bottom third or quarter of the pack but here I was way off pace. Decided to start anyway and gave everybody a lot of room but the FPS and latency problems actually got worse as the 1st race went on. Parked when I became too much of a hazard and did not start the 2nd race.

See you next time...B.

• Chris Rodgers

The server is up and running. Can someone please check it, since this track has not been used before.

Hmmm, I can't get past the loading screen...same thing happens offline though, so it may be my local install. Anyone else having the same issue?

Will try to get it resolved so I can join you guys tonight...

Thanks to Eric and RD for putting this on. I was working on a set-up when I fortunately remembered to check the start time. Good thing I did as it was a bit earlier than I remembered.

In practice I had trouble the FPS in the game. Sometimes this happens with Race add-on tracks or maybe I just screwed up when I tried to switch some settings on my graphics card towards performance.

OK, I am normally in the bottom third or quarter of the pack but here I was way off pace. Decided to start anyway and gave everybody a lot of room but the FPS and latency problems actually got worse as the 1st race went on. Parked when I became too much of a hazard and did not start the 2nd race.

See you next time...B.

Not a problem Bill. Glad that you made it!!!

Qualifying: 10th. I expected to get a higher position, but I don't mind.

Race 1: Had some close racing with Yves and Chris, and ended up P8. Not a bad result.

Race 2: ...Wow. I don't know how I did that. Started P1 - As Michael said, I must have drove like the devil himself was following me. The extra pressure of leading must have given me a speed boost or something... I was hunched over my wheel thinking "Get away from the pack, get away from the pack, don't let them catch up..." :pound: I was headed for a win when Gary caught up to me. While trying to keep him off my tail, I suffered a case of OETID (Over-Eager Throttle Input Disorder). The rear end stepped out at Redgate, and when correcting the spin, I went onto the grass, handing the lead to Gary. I went on to bring the blue and orange car home in 2nd, which is my highest finish to date in my time with RaceDepartment. The perfect way to finish 2008. :D

I've achieved the goal of stepping on the podium, now I'm aiming for a win next year. Thank you Eric and RD for setting up the event, and all competitors for the great racing. Off on the plane to Brisbane now - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :party2:

Congrats Rhys on the podium finish!!! :good:

Qualifying: 10th. I expected to get a higher position, but I don't mind.

Race 1: Had some close racing with Yves and Chris, and ended up P8. Not a bad result.

Race 2: ...Wow. I don't know how I did that. Started P1 - As Michael said, I must have drove like the devil himself was following me. The extra pressure of leading must have given me a speed boost or something... I was hunched over my wheel thinking "Get away from the pack, get away from the pack, don't let them catch up..." :pound: I was headed for a win when Gary caught up to me. While trying to keep him off my tail, I suffered a case of OETID (Over-Eager Throttle Input Disorder). The rear end stepped out at Redgate, and when correcting the spin, I went onto the grass, handing the lead to Gary. I went on to bring the blue and orange car home in 2nd, which is my highest finish to date in my time with RaceDepartment. The perfect way to finish 2008. :D

I've achieved the goal of stepping on the podium, now I'm aiming for a win next year. Thank you Eric and RD for setting up the event, and all competitors for the great racing. Off on the plane to Brisbane now - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :party2:

• Eric Soeters

Sign me in. I will start with the Corvette. This is my second race in 2 unknown cars for me on a unknown track... Please bare with me. If someone could share a basic stable setup for me for both cars I would really appreciate it.
Cu on the track!

• Andrew Dawes

Name: Andrew Dawes
Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Blue one probably
Special remarks: don't know the track or car but will give it a go.

• Chris Rodgers

sorry, thought that you couldn't load the game, not the track

Cool, thanks anyway. Nice choice of car+track combo there, the throwback handling of those things goes perfectly round there. Very nice conversion of Ruapuna - looks and feels spot on...and yes, the drop off the kerb outside T2 really is that harsh!

Race 1 was pretty much over before it began for me - got a big hit that slid me across the infield and although I rejoined ok I had handling issues from then on, managed to limp home for 10th.

Race 2 was better, had a clean race (although you freaked me out heading into T3 lap 1 Gunthar - good thing I saw you coming and was able to take evasive action:bulgy-eyes:) and tagged along behind Wally for a while as I always seem to do, until he fell off and the end of the straight and I gained 5th, took it easy on the last few laps as I saw my oil and water temps were both in the red, sounds like it was a false alarm though?

Thanks for tonight and all the races I've had with you guys this year, it's been fun to try out some new cars and tracks with you all. Wish you all a great Christmas break, and looking forward to more of the same next year!

That was good fun... hard work in these cars. Easy to oversteer...

Michael, I watched the replay and I had a car passing me on the inside, sort of in my blind spot, and I was being cautious and giving him room. That's why I was a bit slower.

Race 2 was pretty hard... my monitor is old and dark, and visibility wasn't that great. But it was still an entertaining race.

Thanks for the races guys and wd to the podiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back