RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that could've worked out better :/

Knowing I wouldn't be able to make it Monday, I had some more time to practice and managed to become quite fast - resulting in pole position during quals.

Hooooowever, I quickly ruined that nice start into the event by starting lousy and then screwing up the first chicane in lap 2 - sadly, I couldn't get out of the way in time to avoid Mert crashing into me - sorry about that!
Afterwards, something on the car was broken beyond repair (red symbol without option to repair) and the steering was off due to a suspension damage - went in for an early pit for the latter I got out placed 4th and (now) last - however, I managed to pass David some laps in. While Kacper was completely out of reach for now, I did gain some time on Arne after he crashed somewhere but the race was a few laps too short to get close enough ;)

Given the track is great fun, though, I'll go and signup for Thursday now ;)

There has got to be a better ending for this track than today's ;) I'm in!

edit: How about getting a skinpack going for these events? :)

edit #2: in case anyone's interested, here's a quick setup for the c30, I'll likely go with this one or some slight variation of it, given that there's still some time to refine ;)

Attachments

• ShaX C30 Dry.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Starting second place was ok, I took my hotlap really easy, as to not start further. The first few corners I took really easy to make sure I'll make it. Arne overtook me into first chicane as the FWDs were able to brake a lot later, but then overtook him back in the second chicane and there was my lead.

Now just keeping Arne and Björn behind me was the goal, but Björn crashed out couple laps later, and Arne waited for him I think. I now had a massive lead, such big in fact that once I pitted exactly mid way through the race I was only 4 seconds behind Arne. His used tyres and mistakes didn't help him and I overtook him just a couple laps later. Now it was just a matter of not making mistakes. Overall I've made 2 of them through the race that were noticeable at all. Thankfully they weren't too bad, and I was able to finish the race way in front of Arne after he made a few more mistakes. Really enjoyed driving this car on this track, so winning the race is a nice little topping for that. :)

Put the skin in the WTCC pack and its solved.

Hum, could be an option, if rule #1 is lifted, as some people might like to race different cars in wtcc/stcc:

'Maximum of 1 skin per member will be included at any given time'

In other news - @Justin Swan: I just noticed the current version seems to be including doubles as there's a v1.5 folder inside the zip - resulting in every skin existing twice except for Arunas (new submission, thus only in 'root' folder') and Vaughn (only in v1.5 folder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%