RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Really want to do this. After the brands hatch indy race I thought if i dont win it im going to buy it. So iv just bought it and now just waiting to use it. If im up on friday night and theres space at the beginning of practice can i post here see if I can jump in guys?

• Jason Parks

Big thanks goes out to Race Department for this.......Although terribly slow, feel kinda bad for taking the prize!!!

Just goes to show even though 8 laps down, just keep plugging away!!!

Thanks to all who raced and again to Admin and ALL RACE DEPARTMENT DONATORS for making this possible.

This wasn't paid for by RaceDepartment donations ;)

The moral of the story is never give up. This competition would not of gone ahead if the only way to do it was to give it to whoever finished 1st because there would of been mayhem on track and some people just would not have bothered turning up.

Big thanks goes out to Race Department for this.......Although terribly slow, feel kinda bad for taking the prize!!!

Just goes to show even though 8 laps down, just keep plugging away!!!

Thanks to all who raced and again to Admin and ALL RACE DEPARTMENT DONATORS for making this possible.

Lol. On the replay jason is hitting everyone off. Hes going past people side swipin the lot of em. lol Only jokin well done jason. I wouldnt of give up if I knew it was random but good idea simon.

Gotta say that the wet track (combined with no practice :shock:) made it a tad difficult to work out the braking points so I think everyone was slightly more prone to mistakes involving other people. Was very surprised to qualify in P6 as I'd been running at the back for all of practice.
First lap I was tapped off in druids and lost a few places, down to 12th I think, but understandable in these conditions and not a problem :). While I was focussing on the wet so much I managed to brake down to second gear for where the track joins forgetting it was the indy circuit :excruciating:

Caught up to 4th place through various mistakes from other people then slowly dropped down again while others moved up. Dan caught up to me and unfortunately I got a another tap - neeaarly managed to hold it but when I came to the grass between the kerbs I lost traction and span. Thanks for waiting though Dan :) If I'd realised you were quite as close as you were there I would have left a bit more space
As other people pitted I made it all the way up to third, but I think leaving it to lap 30 was a mistake as when I came out (near the back) my laps were quite a lot faster. Spent the rest of the race behind Neil G really, got lapped near the end and finished 8th.

Rather high rate of attrition in this one :th_dead:. Enjoyed it anyway since the wet mixed things up

Thanks for the race :)

Had a good battle with you Matt :) was good fun!

Sorry about the tap.

James, don't worry about tapping me. You were alot faster anyway, I was only holding you up.

Thanks for the race guys :clap:

Thanks for having me last night guys, I had great fun. Was looking forward to getting one up on Bram for beating me in the GT Sport race but unfortunately he had to leave :(

I had unusually good pace here but Falkenberg is a fantastic FWD drive track. Managed to get as low as a 49.7 in qualifying (there is a 49.5 there somewhere) for 1st on the grid, despite having my DSL connection reset 10 minutes before the end meaning I had to get another lap in.

Race 1 was a solid run, managed to get off the grid and into turn 1 first and pulled away. Peter was holding on but pushed slightly too hard and lost it, from there I kept it together to finish 1st.

Race 2, starting 8th of 9 in a very fast field, my aim was to try and get my first double victory :D
By the end of the 1st corner I'd managed to move to 3rd... just. Then set to work on catching Peter & Matt. As they battled I closed in, until I was close enough to have a go at Peter, but some excellent defending saw me take a good 7-8 laps to get past on the final lap of the race, a nice attempt to get 2nd back by Peter was seen off in the final corner to finish 2nd and therefore 1st overall in the points.

Again, thanks for having my insomniac self last night :D

Will start with my usual thanking to the organizer (Simon Trendell) and RD for another fine event.

Competition
SEAT 2007
(T. Monteiro original skin)

Qualifying
Dumb me, I forgot it was superpole so only noted it when was already with car moving in the pit.

Went for it with fuel and setup to be fast on the 3rd lap, being superpole did my (secure) best on the 2nd lap, a high 49 wish gave me 2nd on the grid.
Race
Surprise, surprise, the track was dump… decisions, decisions! Went with my dry setup with one more wing and slick tires.
Start
With the dump track the BMWs (RWD) on 2nd and 3rd row jumped right in front and I dropped to 5th straight away.

Until the 5th lap the race for 2nd and positions after was kind of a scrap, with many mistakes and very close racing between many racers. All the time Henrik Horvath was building an impressive lead.
Midle
After that 5th lap the things settled for me and I was left in 3rd with Mikael’s BMW right in front. We had an interesting and close run for many laps after. I didn’t want to disturb him much as I though the race for 1st (unless something strange happened) was lost and wanted to open a gap to the 4th, Mark Birney’s Honda. We stayed like that (the gap was sometimes 1.5 secs, others .2 secs) until he went to the pits on lap 28.

I stopped on lap 30 and did a mistake entering the pits (I was used to a dry entering) the result was a damage suspension.

Changed the tires and entered the track right after Mikael’s BMW (2nd) and just in time to see his bad luck wile lapping Pascals Cerqueira. This last made a typical FWD mistake at turn 1 and after hiting the protection his car was catapulted back into Mikael’s BMW. Has I avoid the 2 I could see in my rear view the BMW had lost its front splitter.

Right there I knew the much awaited (by me) fight for the 2nd place was not meant to be :(
End
With the 1st 35 secs in front and the 3rd without the front splitter I just cruised around and the only thing demanding my attention was my damage front left suspension, as the SEAT was not behaving well wile braking in the bump going back into the large circuit (last S).
Comes the end of the race I was 2nd with the 1st almost a lap away and the 3rd over 20 sec behind.

All in all, a nice race, the dump track throw the things a bit out of the deck.
My "fight to be" with Mikael Hellen never sow its finish and I would have preferred to be 3rd (for instances) but with a good fight with him to the end .

Thanks to everybody that participated, a big congratulations to Henrik as he was in a class of his own (there were times he was faster a full second than anybody else) and congratulations to the other podium finisher (Mikael).

João Andias
to forbid NO CHAT Grrrrrr mix me..Seee you Forum rules.No race chat :sinister::sinister:

Hmm... this isn't exactly my 1st race, and I never received a complaint before.

I don't "chat" in qualification much less in race.

I thank you for pointing me the club rules, but I fail to see where I am in breaching of them.

I do however thanks people who for some reason or another facilitate my (virtual) race experience and excuse myself to those I somehow prejudice.

Even in RL (I was) I'm like that (will always be) and the only thing I can think of is if any of the administrators think my “auto-chat” (key–bind) typing is too long, I will likely change to something shorter if asked.

Right now they are bind to "Thank you :)" and "Sorry :(“.

I've a few other binds, but didn't use any of them in this race.

Some of them are specific for certain race situations and are a bit longer, I’ve used them in other (but) longer distance race events in RD and SRSG and no one complained (there is always a 1st time I have to admit).

...3 laps to go, another Seat comes chraging behind, wasn't sure what to think as I was focusing on keeping the Honda behind, but when the Seat was only a few metres away, I get a Blue flag, try to get off the line, and the car snaps, hit a wall, and luckily back to the track. Lost my place to the Honda though...

That would be me; I was 2nd and was observing you 2 guys fighting for 4th/5th for some time. When your lap times started to drop I didn't want to lose my concentration and go higher then low 51s. So I decided to move on and give a lap.
Because of those situations, and since sometimes the in-game blue flag system is a bit " retarded" I use a quick wheel button to look behind and I race with TAGs on (they have name and classification in them).
All the same, sorry for somewhat disturb your fight ;)

I think alot of people just prefer less chat if none at all. I think warning peopl of a bad accident or saying sorry is ok. i read it somewhere cant remember though. If I find it Ill post it but If you didnt no then its not your fault.

Edit: found it its in the League regulations download

Link: http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

Chatting
75.​
To avoid drivers being distracted from racing chatting must be reduced to the
minimum. This means that no one is allowed to chat during qualification and race
session, unless he has important information. During pre-qualification, practise and warm
up sessions chatting is allowed.
When a race has ended and all drivers have finished, drivers are allowed to chat again.

76.​
To ensure safety driver are allowed to use the following messages:
- “Entering Pit Lane”
- “Leaving Pit Lane”

-​
“Slowing to the Pit”
- “Damaged and Off Pace” (Advised when you are severely damaged)
- "Pass Me" (Also allowed in combination with directions and a driver's name)
- “Sorry” (In case you really are sorry)
- “CAUTION!” (In case of a major incident that is potentially dangerous for other drivers)
We advise drivers to preset these as quick-chat messages in the game.

This article is an exception to the previous article.

Those are more or less is my kind of "auto-chat" binds with a few minor fluctuations.

The biggest absentee is a thanking "auto-chat", but if those are the rules and an administrator asks me, I will never thanks in an RD event again.

It wont be fun, because even on my RL racing days I would thank other racers as soon as I could no matter what. Now comes virtual racing, and there goes the gentlemen racer. :p

Guys this isn't judgment day, one has to be cool and as the great Fangio more or less said, "he was a tad bit quicker when he finely learned not to grip the wheel with so much strength and not grinding his teeth" and he raced (quick and) relaxed during his many racing events.

Keeping it short, if a racing club administrator tells me not to thanks, I won't, in Rome, be Roman, I can leave with that...:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back