RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Rodgers

That was fun for my first outing in the XWTCCs (finally!), although I'm waaay off the pace of the aliens up front with this car/track combo. Qualified 11th, just pipping Rhys and trundled around in roughly that position once we got underway cleanly. Minor collision with a couple of cars coming through at one point early on (didn't expect you to wait on that one Rhys as I was still correcting from previous impact when we touched, but thanks all the same :)) then concentrated on trying to hold off Rhys...only to spin at the esses around lap 8ish and then have Rhys give the position back with a spin of his own there the next lap. Andy was closing over the last several laps but he needed one more lap to get within striking distance and so I took 11th :dance2:

Race 2 I was waiting on the grid for the race to start when with two cars left to show, all the others disappeared and I was eventually dropped by the server. Hope I got dropped in time so that I didn't leave a zombie car behind for people to crash into when the race got underway :O

Anyway, thanks all, great to see a field of 20 cars again after a few lonely rounds lately! See you all next week...

This was my first race in the Extreme cars, and it was a lot of fun. I kept myself really busy with the steering wheel correcting the slide which is a lot of fun.
I qualified P9 and finished race 1 in P 9 so i'm happy.

Start of race two was quite ruff and i got damage on first corner. Then I made a huge mistake going on to the back straight and took off Andy Dixey, I'm really sorry Andy it was a stupid mistake on my part.:(

Anyway I retired then
Thanks guys for this race.
:)

just thought i'd aplogise to an alfa driver who bounced off me in race 1 on the exit of melbourne. at the time i thought he'd just oversteered into the side of me at the corner exit, but looking at the replay i probably could've stayed further to the inside of the track and gave him more room.

Nice startline shunt in race 2!

Not too bad for me, but bit dissapointed with race 2.

Wanted to get online early, but went to join server and realised I hadn't got round to D'loading and installing the track:curse:. I had intended to try the Chevy that i usually use and the BMW, but didn't have time so just gave the beemer a punt.

Qualified in 6th so pretty happy with that. Got away clean, but too cautious as usual and dropped 2 spots on lap 1. Kept with the chevy's in front of me and got passed when they had a coming together down at the hairpin. Just tried to keep the car steady after that and brought it home in 5th.

Race 2 was different though. Good competitive start, but tapped Terry into a spin coming onto the back straight (sorry) and waited for him to recover and pass me lossing quite a few places:excruciating:.

Tried to push and catch up. Caught up with 2 guys and went between them after the chicane, but got spun round by the car on my inside entering the hairpin whilst trying to keep my car central as I had a beemer on my outside. Got a little peeved as the car didn't wait for me and continued his battle. I may have interpreted the rules wrong on that, but I lost focus and ended up running off into turn one and hitting the wall.

These cars are a bugger when your not concentrating properly or pushing to recover. Need to be driven smmothly and consistantly.

So P5:) and a DNF:dont-know:. A bit of the good, bad and the ugly for me today, but mostly enjoyable again:wink2:.

Qualy: I had nice pace during practice but haven't converted that to the grid 18th after
few adventures.

Race 1: I made no mistake that give me promotion from nowhere on the grid to 8th gave me pole in next race

Race 2: I want to apologize for my slow start which made really big chaos at the back as they tried to avoid me instead of slow down. Then i was running 6th after few laps, there was somewhere infront incident which gave me 4th pllace about 3 laps later i spanned and lost 2 places then i catched up Gary, Passed him on chicane IN SAFE WAY(PM u later). Two turn's later i locked up wheels and drifted out wide which made Gary ending lap at 5th place and me at 6th during next 10 laps nothing changed.

Congratulations to Winners of races and RD for such a great event

just thought i'd aplogise to an alfa driver who bounced off me in race 1 on the exit of melbourne. at the time i thought he'd just oversteered into the side of me at the corner exit, but looking at the replay i probably could've stayed further to the inside of the track and gave him more room.

Nice startline shunt in race 2!

Think I owe you an apology for running into the back of you as you rejoined after contact with someone. I think it was avoidable which is why I waited for you. Sorry mate:).

Ended both races on the same pile of tires (tyres) around lap 11 with just a few minutes left of the races. Was a lot of fun after the brakes and tires warmed up. Not many places to pass so I did move over and brake early into some of the turns to let the leaders by otherwise I probably would have taken them and myself out. Thanks again Andrew and RD!

Doesn't look too bad to me....

Qual: Made a bit of a hash of it with some sliding, but was surprised with my pace and was 3rd only three tenths off pole.

Race 1: I was a bit noobish, turned the rear wing down from my qual set whivch was a bad mistake. Spun, had incidents with backmarkers and finished 4th.

Race 2: Got a fantastic start off the line but some madness in front stopped me getting passed too many people. Somehow I managed to get into first place by the end of the first lap. From there I tried to hold off Sebastian. He had a crack at me but I just held on. Coming up to one of the hairpins I saw him lose it under brakes. Hard luck mate :(
From there I just held on to win :)

Qualy: Went off in T1, did a 1:30.xyz (finally did a 1:26.2xy last night)

Race 1: Started 19th, expecting what to easy start for me :), but T1 was actually not to bad. Not much to say about the race, I guess with my pace and especially stability from last night, I would have lapped myself.

Race 2: Was actually not much better, started 15th. Had a quick battle with Robert Isle until he spun in the last turn. While I was being lapped one of the guys got a little bit unpatient and pushed me off in T1, not the way to do, I make space when being lapped, but only when there is a posibility.

A race to quickly forget for me! Anyway thanks all and see you next time!

Yea i must admit even the external replay it looks like a no big deal pass,but i can assure you from in my car it was a decent enough nudge just as i was wanting to turn in making my car lose all momentum,the last time i checked i judged you werent close enough to dive in so i commited to the turn,my car helps slow you down a bit as well enabling you to keep on track,i honestly had no idea you were going to be attempting to pass there,i dont have to much experience racing with you tbh so not really sure "how you roll" as it were,now i know you are quite high aggresion "im comin through move out my way" kind of style i will try and be more aware next time,personally i can spend half a race backing out of pass attempts like that and would certainly concede the place back,but were not all robots who race the same,probably the beauty of RD,diversity.
We can call it you 5th me 6th and i will give you a place for free next time we meet on track and indeed i offer my apologies to you.
The start of race2 was a bit mental really,cars swerving sharply right to avoid things ahead,but just end up smacking whatever is to their right side....i.e. me :p.....had fun in a slightly wonky feeling off the pace Alfa that should have been easy enough to pass without a touch :).
Thanks Cam and RD,i can barely remember my last AUS event :good:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%