RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi Guys, first of all i would like to thank Race Department and the staff members for all your hard work and commitment. I have always enjoy my racing here and i will becoming a premium member :)

As for the new system i am really happy to go with the flow on this and happy to race whatever events i can. Come April i will be away from RD for a few months as i will be working away from from home :(

The only thing i will say if you can keep some sort of record of the races people have done, even make one or two events a week a point scorning event were people can look back on there races. I think it will create more interest in the events and hopefully make for larger grids. Gives everybody something to work towards :)

I have all the faith in you guys and looking forward to the new Racing format

RD RULES!!!

Last edited:
So guys, if some say (as they have done above) that using low aids makes you slower, whats the problem allowing the choice for those beginners and lesser skilled casual drop in racers that want to use them? ;) I'll keep on trying.........:) I only ever want to use low aids when using the faster more powerful cars and open wheelers like I do offline.

Off topic for a moment....
@Mid-pack Jack Thank you for posting that. You have just explained your problem with driving aids perfectly. The online racing world of Race 07 is probably 99.9% :confused: free from their use! It's no wonder you have a hard time, rotating back and forth between worlds that are so far apart. It's no wonder you have a hard time, rotating back and forth between worlds that are so far apart.The best thing you can do is to just drop all use of aids and get on with going without. That means never going back, soon you will see that you can drive without them, that your use of the wheel and pedals will get better. Hear is one thing that I know will help: change your sound levels for tire scrub and skid. Increase them both, a lot! I like the skid high and no squeal but start off with both. Turn down the volume on the engine noise. Do that and keep the aids off, soon you will be a better driver.

Currently running
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PUBS
Car: WTCC 06/07
Tracks: Zandvoort, Falkenberg, Portimao, Anderstorp
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07, RaceRoom
Event: 30mins Qualification, 10 laps Race

Information
One of the things RaceDepartment is doing is adding public servers as we go premium. We will have a no password, multiple track single class server up 24/7 that will be changed somewhat regularly. We have a 30 minute quali session followed by a 10 lap race. Tracks right now are Anderstorp, Brands and Curituba for WTCC 06/07.

I put this up yesterday and at about 20:00 gmt people started using it, full grids for the first races and yes, there were incidents. There were also calls for advancing to the next session, swearing and calls for drivers to be kicked. I did kick some by going on the DS but none of the votes were successful for kick or advance.

We hope that some of the drivers looking for better racing will find our other servers and drop in to see what we're about. Hopefully this will make our club racing better. Please use the server for fun once in a while, yesterdays races for me were fun though I did get bounced a bit but coming in second for me from a well populated grid in one event was appreciated! Other DR drivers have already been on also, give it a try once in a while. Using the same car over and over, same tracks gets a car squared away quickly!

I plan on dropping in during quali sessions when I can and if there are calls to kick a bad driver to oblige the drivers the way it's done in some of the other public servers. I'll be there with my real name and possibly add a a tag so it looks like "[RD] Dennis Phelan". If you're on and there is a wrecker, please send me a PM and If I get it in time, as I'm here on and off all day, I'll kick a bad player.

I've also considered this public server format of quick quali sessions and short races for club use. If you like that idea post in Bjorn's thread "A race a day". It could also be nice to "storm" the public as a group for a bit making sure that kick votes get passed for the right drivers. This might be good if we have a day with low turnout or after a race event.

@Dennis Phelan

I will not I'm afraid. I would rather carry on playing the game offline to be honest. Yes my loss, I understand that.
I find the normal WTCC and STCC cars fine, but some of the other cars with massive power outputs, no, they are too difficult for me to learn and enjoy. Some of the open seaters and GT pro etc are way too sensitive for my liking. I want to have a race, I do not want to be tip toeing around becasue I don't have the natural talent that some of you have.
It was merely an idea about increasing grid sizes. Forget I have mentioned it. But it galls me that most say they don't use them because it makes them slower, others say they don't mind anyone else using them but there is no choice.
I am happy to stick with the status quo. Cya at Posnan later. :)

I also took part in races late last night, wow what a surprise, but yes Dennis maybe all RD members using it should have RD behind their Name, this will make racing more stable and i think racers will be aware they get kicked if not obeying rules,
Good work

@Mid-pack Jack I feel the same in some of the high powered cars Andy, there really squirrelly at speed and for that reason I tend to not turn up for those races. But anything that I can drive well, the touring cars and some of the GT cars, go for it! That's still 2 races a week currently, Tuesdays and Fridays.

I'd take mid/back of the pack in a race against real people with teamspeak chit chat over a silent AI win any day!

upload_2015-2-24_20-55-20.png

................................I'm in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%