RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

yea dennis keep losing connection have shut down and restarted when i try to sign in it wont let me yet teamspeak seems ok reg jnr is working tonight not sure when hes home to have a look

It could be something wrong with your game. I sometimes get this issue as well. Mostly because of a mod. (sometimes I get the "lost connection" and sometimes I get "booted for being a possible cheater")
Do you have any mods installed? I would suggest to try re-install Race On and see if that helps.

Hey Jonny, welcome to RD!

In order to participate in our club events, please request a license over here - don't worry, it's free and shouldn't take too long, I'd say you'll be ready to race with us Thursday :)

Well... that was an experience...

Quali: Slow. 10th. Only not last because @Dennis Phelan didn't set a time :O_o:

Race 1: A middling start, and found myself last after tagging Dennis and deciding not to be a proverbial. Then, on lap 7, Chaos unleashed itself in righteous fury :devilish: It killed TeamSpeak, switched window focus away from Race 07, and changed my wheel into 900° mode. So I did the only thing I could: crashed. Eventually got everything sorted again, and finished 9th after Dennis... crashed in the pits? :laugh:

Race 2: Had a good battle with Dennis and @Peter Ell, until it all went wrong into turn 1, when Dennis dived right to get the cutback on Peter, leaving me nowhere to go but into his boot. Although I may have been able to dive left if I'd thought about it at the time. Figuring it was my fault for being a total prawn, I waited for them to get going, only to find them waiting to let me by on the back straight. I gained another place when @Andrei Kuznetsov ran wide, to finish a somewhat unexpected 6th :D

So, erm, yeah, it was all a bit weird... :cautious:

Oh well.. I guess I had an interesting race #1 and watched an entertaining race #2?

I got the car (mostly) setup yesterday, so I only had to gain some speed, today, huh? Which worked out fairly well, actually, and gave us this 1/1000 chance screenshot somewhere in the practice sessions:
bDnsdV8.jpg

Anyways, both @Peter Ell and @Matthias Klein sped up some more, but I remained a solid P3 and kept it through superpole.

Fast forward to the race, I started pretty well and even got by Peter for a moment, though he quickly re-claimed P2 and I couldn't do too much about it - instead, @Rafael Kajstura and @Andrei Kuznetsov came closer and closer and I wondered why... (can you see it?)
3LNzClb.jpg

Yep. Once again, my brake pedal decided to act up come race session and sent the slightlies, constant brake signal. However, I didn't accept this until Rafael blasted by and I had absolutely nothing to do about it. Not only did this slow me down on... well, pretty much everywhere, but it also made cornering a mess as I couldn't exit out of turns as I wanted to.
Soon enough, Andrei went by, as well:
MwZQZX6.jpg

Somewhere around midtime, still in P5, I re-motivated myself. I wasn't gonna give up that P3 just because my pedal's a whiny.. pedal - so now, I had to pull the brake pedal up everytime I didn't want it to brake.. after each turn, practically. :O_o:
I got by Andrei after a few laps, but Rafael turned out to be a bit harder - through some mostly nice fighting, I finally managed to get past him when he went for a few metres of grass.
tHhdN8s.jpg

...and P3 was back in my hands :)

For race #2, I tried the "softball mod" on the DFGT pedals in hopes of the pressure putting the pedal back up, but it wouldn't have any of it. With the problem remaining AND the pedal feel unusual, I dropped out for my own and everyone else's safety - however, I had a great front-row seat for the podium battle between @Nelson Ullinskey, @Daniel Linder and Matthias - awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

Thanks for racing everyone, and see you next time!

P.S.: A quick note - please take a moment to recap your race every now and then and try to be as aware of your surroundings on the track as possible. Recently, I've seen a fair bit of unsafe rejoins and (not always intentional) blocking.
While you certainly can misjudge the distance to an opponent through T1 or T2 and exchange some paint, there's a difference between anticipating the opponent's line before he makes a move and outright blocking him on the start/finish straight because he's getting next to you, even risking a wreck by touching bumpers.
Thank you :)

The wife is home with a cold[I'm still getting over mine] so I had game and TS sound in my headset. I just don't have audio set up for it and the volumes and sounds being repeated made most of the early driving a horrible experience so, good thing I had a half tuned Alfa in the Garage.

So slow in Q and bothered by feedback, no lap.

R1: A nice drive in the back with Dave and Wayne with a bit of Nelson and Daniel thrown in for most of the first half then a bit of a ho hum until Nelson picks up some gravel and moves me into P8. Nelson, the rat, takes a spin half way down the long uphill straight. Can you believe that{!} and I;'m back in P8. So the race is on for the last lap :ninja:.

R2: Another start from the back, moving with the pack, good stuff. Wayne muff's L2T1 and he joins Dave and I for a short bit, Peter has also joined. Wayne and I are having a good toss as Peter finds a way through. But as we come up on T1 I brake cautiously to avoid packing into Peter and Dave bumps me into him. We all get going and Peter wants to let me past, we slow and Dave goes by, the race continues. I can't catch Dave and Peter won't pass, on we go at speed to the end. Nice drive!

I think I was actually happy TS crapped out on us, my setup for sound was horrible , it was a good "solution" :laugh:

I don't think there needs to a deeper analysis about this race. In P1 & P2 I had some trouble getting somewhat a fast pace, but it got better towards the end in P2. A few adjustments on the car, here and there, and I felt I had confidence in the car at least. Didn't really push to hard in Qualify either.

Race one, got a brilliant start, but I sadly tapped @Nelson Ullinskey in T1, and we both ended up in the back of the pack. However, we both raced like we were going to die, so after a few laps, we have had manage to pass a few, after a few other drivers went off and so on. Me and Nelson kept fighting pretty much the whole first half of the race, and then a few things went wrong. I can't remember exactly why, but we both were now side by side, at the corner after the long straight, and we both turned left, (I were on the left side, and Nelson on the right, so you can say the corner were in my favor) but when Nelson turned, he bumped into me, and his car acted like a feather and he was gone. Normally I stop, if I bump someone and they go off, but at this time, I raced on, since I felt it wasn't caused by me. We both wanted the exact same thing, and we did both went into the corner at the same time. Still, thank you Nelson for the fight while it lasted!

Race two, now, this was something else. Me and Nelson once again, we pretty much had an epic fight from start to finish. I saw pretty fast where the Alfa were weak, and the seat were strong, and vice versa. Sadly, I were never really able to o something about it. Passing here is difficult even if there is mistakes done, and when I tried a few times, there wasn't enough road. A few times, I were incredible close to tap Nelson again (which I also did at one point, but nothing bad came out from it, and I slowed down so he could recover). Mostly because I knew I could push the seat there, where the Alfa were weak, but it never paid off, and I just had to keep trying. Towards the end, when my tires started to worn out. Nelson got some breathing room, and @Matthias Klein were now close as well. I decided not to think to much about it, since my aim were focused on Nelson, but Matthias passed me, and I wasn't able to really keep up with them anymore, thanks to my tires.

But with a fight like that, I don't care really. :D

Magic of racing! Two awesome races for me and two similar results.

Q: I managed to do a nice quick lap and take P3, while beating my record of this track by about 0.1 sek. Gap to P3 @Björn Golda was about 0.46 sek and I know I could do nothing about it :whistling:

R1: Average start and I had to handle with some extra drivers. Little tap in my back while braking by @Daniel Linder, tiny slide, my car went a little bit to deep into the corner and so another contact - with @Nelson Ullinskey being outside who unfortunately run out the track.
UqCj39w.jpg

Next, riding behind @Björn Golda keeping his pace for maybe 2 laps and then suddenly I caught him in the braking zone. I could keep him at few seconds behind me for a whole race...
Not exactly whole. At the end my front tyres where definitely gone and he came extremely close to my rear wing and on the last lap we had a little battle, then I lost podium, but I was glad of riding in front of Björn for so long time :D
btlfYK5.png

R2: That's a little bit different story. P5 on the grid, not bad start, I took one place up and had to deal with @Matthias Klein who was a way faster than me and after R1 I had no doubt about it. It was pleasure to fight with him for so many corners, side by side, but finally he was better :thumbsup:
klein.jpg

Then, peaceful riding in P5 and in the first corner I came through some kind of war between other drivers, what gave me podium in this moment, but a few corners later, riding side by side with @Andrei Kuznetsov I was hit and then spun, what made me again a P5-man to the end. Despite very worn tyres, at the end I reduced a few seconds of a gap to a pack in front.
kuznetsov.jpg

Thanks for racing and see you next week! Had a lot of fun ;)

Last edited:
What a diverse set of races!! :confused:

But the story began back in practice... I loaded a setup for the Seat Leon, but I was unhappy with a multitude of things. Made a massive change right before qualifying that made the car drastically different. Luckily, this was for the better :D! Got myself a fifth(?) starting spot for race one.

Race one was rather underwhelming. Got punted off into turn one of the first lap. I do not know who is to blame, nor do I care, my gear ratios were absolute :poop:. I managed to finish eighth which meant pole for race two!

The second race went loads better! But considering my :poop: gears and the fact my car was really really unstable on curbs, I basically re-did the entire setup! I still wanted to do the brake bias and pressure, but I was nearly out of time. Started on pole, without practicing my starts with the new gears, I was nervous as all heck :devilish:!

I got a tremendous start and led the first lap with Daniel Linder trailing real close. Before the half way point, Matthias Klein ran from eighth to third! Now the race was really on as we were separated by less than a second :confused:! There were some times where my challengers would get alongside me, but I always got the position back. Things got really close when I ran wide on exit of one of the middle sector turns. Klein got alongside me, and the inside for the next turn, but I held tight! I had the inside for the next turn, so I thought I had it, but Klein stuck aside me! Considering this, I was really worried, and thought he might get past! I dove it in deep into the second to last turn taking the lead and the win!

I also want to note that I think I might have ended up driving a little too rough at times, and I am very very sorry if I inconvenienced anyone. If I did, please let me know and I will be sure it does not happen again in the future! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 374 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%