RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, now I feel bad for giving the Cats such a hard time whenever they are mentioned - when did these become so much fun?! Or maybe it just takes some simracing experience to be able to drive & honor them?

Anyways, I highly recommend giving this combo a try - lacking both time and talent for a setup, I went with those available in our forum (search for "CSR320") and without further context (no idea on which times are good/bad, yet :D), I'd say both Bram's (fast! stable!) and Günthar's (fast! twitchy! fun! adjust gears!) setups are good choices :)

Now, what else to add than "I'm in!" (as a maybe, actually - might've forgotten about a thing there, but I should be home by 9pm :))

I'm in!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201447):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Hmmm....
Before joining in, would anyone care to share what kind of lap-times we're looking at?
I know I'm a rookie, and I don't mind losing (well, much).
Nor do I mind being off-pace. . . .
But I would like to avoid getting completely humiliated in the process. :laugh:
So I figure if I can get within say 5% of the pack, I'll give it a whirl.
Currently running at 2:03-2:05, and I suspect that's not going to cut it. :roflmao:

Cheers,
Lars

Hmmm....
Before joining in, would anyone care to share what kind of lap-times we're looking at?
I know I'm a rookie, and I don't mind losing (well, much).
Nor do I mind being off-pace. . . .
But I would like to avoid getting completely humiliated in the process. :laugh:
So I figure if I can get within say 5% of the pack, I'll give it a whirl.
Currently running at 2:03-2:05, and I suspect that's not going to cut it. :roflmao:

Hi Lars, This is club racing so dont worry about lap times as this event is for fun and that it is :) If you are a rookie this will be great experience for you so join in the action. This event is x2 20 minute races so work on stringing laps together rather than your 1 lap pace :)

Get your name down and see you on track :)

Race_Steam2014-11-2323-05-26-30_zps59487c5a.png
Weapon of Choice, SKIN https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t1cm42k7obz95/ReggieBlain

Last edited:
Hi Lars, This is club racing so dont worry about lap times as this event is for fun and that it is :) If you are a rookie this will be great experience for you so join in the action. This event is x2 20 minute races so work on stringing laps together rather than your 1 lap pace :)

Get your name down and see you on track :)

You're missing the point.
I'm sure none of you will mind if I'm off-pace.
Or at least you're polite enough not to say so out loud. :p
The point is that I mind.

Last Friday was a great race, with plenty of racing.
Sure, I was racing for last place*, but it was still very close.
And the object of the exercise is to have fun, I quite agree.
But if everybody else is say 3-4 secs faster than me, I'll have one lap of racing, and the rest of the time I'll be toddling along on my own.
Might as well practice on the AI instead. :)
So yes, consistency matters, but without some sort of pace you're merely doing laps.

Cheers,
Lars

*Well, technically we were racing for the penultimate place.
Racing for last place seems a little self-defeating.
:rolleyes:

Game is crashing when I try to load this track. Whether online (join server) or offline (Time Attack) this map crashes my Race 07 (BOTH installations).

I tried deleting and recreating my profile folder, no difference. I will try a re-download of the circuit but I am not holding out a lot of hope.

EDIT: That worked. Got a fresh download, deleted the old install files, re-installed and now it's happy. Logged on to server to check. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What a (set of) race(s)! That was great fun, once again :)

Got a few training laps in yesterday, and getting below 2:00, I was fairly happy, anything else would've to be today's work ;)
Joining the server early, I got back up to pace again, but couldn't improve that much anymore - let alone be of any danger to @Reggie Blain, @Peter Ell (and later on, @Matthias Klein) putting in some lap times. Getting disconnected during the last few seconds of P2, I opted for race fuel while reconnecting into quals - so nothing to change.. I thought.. well.. halfway through my outlap, I noticed I might've not loaded my setup back up. So superpole on stock setup it was, what could possibly go wrong?
Actually, it went fairly okay and I might've lost 1.5-ish seconds and one or two places, but the setup wasn't that bad. :D

Race time came, onto the starting grid (with the right setup, again)! Had a fairly nice start into race #1, getting by @Daniel Linder who didn't get off the line that well.
4pAH3c8.jpg

While I was struggling to find my rhythm throughout the first lap, Reggie, Peter, Matthias and @Nelson Ullinskey started to bolt away. Fortunately, I got back to speed, didn't lose any positions and a small off from Nelson got me back into the game.
K24m89d.jpg

After some nice fighting, I got by on the straight and together, we approached the scene of a collision ahead
0Mm8KQG.jpg

With Peter going sideways, Matthias couldn't quite avoid him anymore and another off on Peter's side got us past both of them.
ymMOVHV.jpg

Afterwards, I had quite a calm race as Peter dropped out soon afterwards and Nelson lost some time - Reggie in 1st place was out of reach, although he had an off in the last turn at some point.
enL0VT7.jpg

Starting from P7 in the second race, I quickly lost positions to the BMW's charging up from behind and one sub-par positioning going into a turn or another didn't help. I quickly regained a place after getting past @Gundars Brigis, though.
rHxjpoI.jpg

With Matthias taking an offroad detour, I got behind @Lars Hansen who put up a great battle - finally got past him and went on to close the gap @Reggie Blain Snr.
5QBMMCr.jpg

Once I arrived, another green car going off got me past him - The hunt for Nelson was on! He had gained quite some seconds in the meantime, though, so it took a few laps. Meanwhile, Matthias got by both of us and was long gone when I finally reached Nelson's bumper.
3TzyTw4.jpg

Once more (or "as usual", really :)), we had some grrrreat battling - all while Peter was lurking in P6, getting closer and closer. Though that might've actually helped as we got closer to Daniel in P3, as well - finally joining him in turn 1 of the last and 11th lap!
lmflqn5.jpg

It wasn't until the last sector that the real action began, though - with Nelson taking a wider line to get closer to Daniel, the inside of "Bucine" opened up and I sneaked through.
With Daniel outbraking himself into the very last turn, P3 was mine to take! Awesome racing, thank you guys!
fai0Txw.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you next time :)

EDIT: As it was (kind of) a topic on TS, for anyone looking to improve their line/braking/turns/driving in general, I'm gonna recommend both emptybox's SimRacing 101 (you might wanna start at Ep. 7) playlist and the iRacing driving school playlist once more - both helped me a lot when I first started out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%