RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great event as usual :thumbsup:
until pit the race was really fun some good battles here and there and big fight with Dennis was nice, after pit in lap 29(think), i was alone in a Limbo:) about 5sec ahead and behind so i tried to gain some sec. but also managed for finish the race I was 6th or 7th position but at 6mins from finish i lost car in T1 I saw that I crossed the track there was someone behind me and I did not want to damage it so I decided to push Esc. :)

Congratulations to Winner and all finishers
Thanks Dennis and RD for event:thumbsup:

BwO9nQ6IQAEAutp.jpg:large

That was intense. I got reasonably high in the opening laps thanks to others' misfortune, but I eventually slipped back into last place. Made an early pit stop since I only changed the left-hand side tyres and I was hoping to use the clear air. It worked better than I ever imagined, and I ran 7th briefly, though @Peter Ell on much fresher tyres had little problem getting by in the end, which left me fending off @Tobias Liesaus for the last few laps. Which I did right up until the final corner. Gutted, but a great battle, 9th.

sign me up please

Heh, we just finished ;) But why not check out next week's events :)

#############

As for this one, that was another nice race for me :) Went onto the server early as I didn't know whether I'd make it and thus didn't practice in the Mini. The previous events paid off pretty well, though, and helped me get to a good pace quite fast. With Bob, Peter and Nelson at about the same laptime level (and Istvan rapidly approaching it), we had a nice battle during P1 & P2.

When qualy time came, I opted against race fuel and managed to get a 49.3xx in - just enough to beat Peter and claim pole - I didn't expect to stay there, though: Apparently, at least Bob ran race fuel in quals ;)
My start into the race wasn't the best and thus, Bob managed to get by in T1 but was on the outer line for T2 - position reclaimed. However, Peter had sneaked by and was now in P1 - or so I thought. Right after the full-speed-right-hander, he slightly lagged and when we went onto the start/finish straight, he suddenly warped back behind Bob's?! Considering there was likely a fair amount of lag on your side as well, I really hope there wasn't any contact in lap 1, Peter?
Afterwards, I slowly built up a few seconds on Peter until my tyres started to wear down and thus, he slowly won those seconds back :D
In between all of this, I had a nice "non-battle" with Nelson, by the way - he fell back in the first few laps and pitted rather early, getting out with fresh tyres right in front of me and fought against his lapping for quite a few laps until a small slide offered a passing opportunity, fun times :D
After pitting myself, I slowly regained the positions lost up until P2 - Peter was still out on the track until time for pitting was almost over. He might've forgotten about it and, as far as I can tell, had lost some time on worn tyres and while pitting.
Anyway, it did put me back into P1 and with Bob at a gap of about 13 seconds (that I actually managed to hold, to my own surprise ;)) behind me by then, I brought it home :)

Thanks for organizing Dennis & thanks for coming everyone, see you tomorrow/next week :)

What an awesome race!

We had a big grid with a lot of fast guys, so the times were insanely close in practice and qualifying. Started fourth, I can't really remember :laugh:! Great start, first time all week that I did not get bumped off in the chicane :thumbsup:! However, I think the Beast of the Last Corner was out to get me, because I ran off twice and my suspension went on vacation :p. So now I had to fight my way through the pack (cue epic theme music).

I pitted way early to try and get free track, but I was spat out in front of Bjorn :confused:! Not wanting to go a lap down, and wanting to race with someone, we engaged in a fierce duel (theme music builds in tensity). However, he is too quick and escapes me :notworthy:! And to add to that, it looked like I would not be quick enough to gain much ground (solemn tune plays).

However, I noticed my pit stop was quicker than most other people's and I had conquered the Beast of the Last Corner! :sneaky: (cue the heroic theme music!) Flying around the track, I passed cars on track, in the pits and all around :ninja:! I felt like I was on fire and on route to a podium despite my rotten luck.

Them I got caught in a fierce battle with @Joe Cannarozzo! It was some good fun, but when I passed him for fourth, I felt like it was a real dirty move, so I conceded the position to him because I feel it is better to lose honorably than to win dishonorably :ninja:. Finished fifth, I am happy, and had an awesome time. :thumbsup:

My car had a little dust on it coming out of the garage but was soon in fine working order. Why is it that setups only last a little while and then have to get twiddled with again?

From my POV it was a good run through T1 on L1 for all. I saw that I was free to move about a bit early on and started to use some track. István was in front of me and I smartly held back on a pass, good thing as after a short run he started pulling away. Nelson and Arunas came back up after their "situations" and I let them past to find Valerius slowly closing from their wake. I had to really step it up to keep him behind, especially at T1 but eventually he dropped back and I figured he would be saving tires for a two tire pit stop. My stop was just after the halfway and I soon found Val ahead of me but I was easily closing on him. I didn't get to complete the catch as he dropped out so switched to Nelson who was also for some reason dropping back but not even enough time to catch him, even with Bjorn helping by giving me another lap to try.

Nice to see a grid half full, good car , nice track and great drivers to hang out with, Friday I guess :inlove:

I tried the setup Reik posted. Realise I need a balance between both the setups, decreasing the ARB/Suspension slightly from the Quali setup and slightly increasing those on the Race setup.

Found the Quali setup to be a touch too oversteery and the Race setup seemed to understeer in odd and inconsistent places, although that could be due to mistakes by myself or by being in the practice session.

Looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years