RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified 5th but my foot slipped off the clutch at the start and I got a stop and go :pissed-off: decided to get it over with and came in straight away but from there on it was a hectic race with battles for the whole 80mins, thanks to Nigel, Neil and Bob to name but a few who I came across on my travels, Neil officially has the widest Mini in the world and is impossible to pass but it's always good fun trying :D, the best was saved 'till last and I had a great last 25 mins dicing with Bob and I eventually slipped past near the end to take an unexpected 5th place, Congrats to Gary for the win and setting a blistering pace and thanks to Andrew and RD for the effort in setting these up, cya next week hopefully :)

Qual: 2nd Finish: 1st

A good start,but not enough to be clear of Ben for T1,slotted in behind at T1 and stuck myself to his back bumper,very bad news when he simply vanished off the road and then left game :(,i was very much looking forward to some serious attacks at that moment,slowly but surely started to build some gap up to pit time and enjoyed a very nice fast pit in and out extending the lead even more.
All through the race at every blue flag moment everyone done amazing work letting me through,even a 4 car battle somehow all notice me at the same time and allow me to breeze through the middle of their fight,then instantly start the battle again when im through and clear,really impressive awareness and kindness,i thank you all.
Big Thanks Andrew and RD,this was a top notch Mini's night buddy :good:

What Gary and many others said ... one of my best racing nights to date, and defo my best RD mini result :second:
:woot2:

All a blur really, but quali'd 4th, might have made 3rd if I had 2 more seconds to cross the line, but no matter, just happy to be up front for the start.

My start was good, was in front and on the outside of Ryan, but lost sight of him and didn't want a big T1 incident so braked early and let him back down the inside.
No matter, I followed the front 3 for a while and we broke clear of the pack
About 8 laps in I was getting ready to make a move on Ryan as I was making ground on him at this point, but on the final turn where I had a great run on him, I got more grip than the mini could handle and I barrel rolled it over the grass and back on track :Cry:

Bunch of time later and a couple of cars further back I managed to get going again.
I had a good few laps chasing down and trying to pass Steven whilst ensuring that Dietmar didn't get close enough to dive down the inside of me ... finally I go the run onto the straight on him and at T1 Steven made a mistake, I pulled up early allowing Steven his flyby, leaving me enough room to switch back under him and thru :rotfl:

After that I was chasing through the many great blue-flag guys to the last few laps, where Ryan stuffed it up and I broke free.
I kept it nailed for a few laps to hold him at around 5 sec's, then drifted it home the last few mins ensuring I didn't bin it nor let him eat my lead too much.

Thanks RD, and gratz to all who attended tonight for some of the best fun a man can have with his clothes on :bang:

• Ollie Flint

FAO Simon Bacon. I believe we made contact a couple of times during the race. Just wanted to say sorry.

Blue flags need turning off in my opionon. When you unlap yourself you get a warning!!! wtf is all that about!

• Matt Alpeter

All my hard work and patience is finally paying off with a podium on sunday, then pole and 2 podiums today!

Qually: Got my PB of 1:22.2 and ended up in pole position

Race 1: Had a great launch, but shifted into 2nd way early so the launch was blown. Spent a couple laps in 1st until I overshot the exit of the second to last corner and Willi got by. Kept him around .8 or so for about 5 laps until lap 7 when he made a small error in the chicane and let me get a run on him. For some dumb reason I chose to try a pass on the outside which obviously didn't work and I settled back into following him when he made his pit. I was planning on pitting on lap 9 to finish on good tires, but the next two laps were pretty bad and by the time I got out of my pit I was about 1.5-1.8 seconds back. Luckily Willi made a pretty big error in the chicane and we were off to a drag race down the stretch. Even though I was drifting around the corners I was able to keep him behind me until I looked back after the second to last corner and drove off the side of the track lol. I slowly reeled him back in but it was too little too late and finished 2nd.

Race 2: Started 6th and got a pretty decent launch and was up to 4th before the first right-hander. Was really nervous with Willi's go-kart right behind me, but started moving up, starting with Tim, who went off at the second to last corner. Willi finally got by me, but it was short lived as he drove off that lap and I started focusing on Marcel and Warren. As I started to catch them, Marcel locked up and drove off at the same second to last corner on lap 5. Changed my pit strategy a bit and went in on lap 7 and came out in 3rd behind Olaf. He pitted the next lap and I tried to gain as much time on Warren as possible before he pitted on lap 9. I watched him go in on the mini-map and started counting down the 7.7sec pit stop, but somehow his guys were sleeping on the job and it took him much much longer. With me in 1st again, I tried to just drive it home, but Marcel wouldn't have it and pushed real hard and eventually caught up. I got a terrible exit off the last corner and Marcel was able to pass me on the straight at the beginning of lap 11. I followed him bumper to bumper threw the chicane and got a run on the inside coming down into the right-hander, where I went for a pass. I tried to out-brake him and ended up locking the front tires a bit and ever so slightly we banged doors, which put him out of line. A clean pass? Probably, but not a pass that friends do, so on the front straight I slowed and let him re-gain his 1st. By lap 13, my rear tires were absolutely terrible and I was losing Marcel with Warren all over my rear. Coming into the second to last corner, I screwed up the entry and Warren was completely sideways, I'm talking a full 90 degrees to the track lol. Had I not been there it would have been a flawless Tokyo drift around the corner LOL. Unfortunately, he bumped me and put us both in the grass, and after he let me have my spot back it was Marcel followed by Willi who got by, then me. Warren fell back and I was off to drive to a 3rd.

Overall, I finished 3rd for the second event in a row!!

Thanks again to RD, Willi for setting it up, and to the fellow racers!

Another intense STCC affair on a new track for me. Wasn't really looking forward to this one, I had decided to give the Puegeot another try after hating it the first time I drove it. A brief test run confirmed that I really struggle with this little car, the back end is as slippery as hell. To top it all off, I woke this morning with another migrane.
I knew who would be a pacemaker for this one, since I had tried to follow each driver to check some pings, but I couldn't keep up with Matt, who was obviously on song. William turned up later and put in a faster time than Matt in practice, so he was also primed.

Qualy: Shocker. Was actually putting together a pretty fast time until the back section and managed to spin it, TWICE!!!. So, start safely at the back and work on getting pole for race 2. :rotfl:

Race 1. Fluffed the start and dropped to last. Picked up some spots thanks to spins in front and got to P4 behind Marcel, made a mistake, dropped back, then caught him again. Rather than plan a pass, I decided to pit early.Yikes!. Came out well behind Marcel (note to self to lecture pitcrew for next race :) ). I managed to catch Marcel again but yet another mistake ended any hopes of passing him. Finished 4.

Race 2. Bit slow off the line, allowing Marcel through, but Olly had gone to sleep, forgot to take off and blocked Tyson. This gave me P3 early. Tim missed the second last turn, allowing me to slip into P2 but yet again I was looking at Marcel's rear end. I was getting to know it well :worship:. This time I managed to complete a very long pass involving us being side by side for at least two turns and most of the straight, but I finally got through into the lead. I pulled a reasonable gap and stayed out as long as I could to build a gap before the pitstop. I even managed a couple of PB's, so surely this time I had sufficient buffer to cover a slowish pitstop. Nope, my lazy pitcrew was watching TV and took an eternity again, so I came out behind Matt and Marcel. While they were dicing, I sneaked up to join them and things were looking good for a fierce 3 way battle for the win. Then I stuffed up big time. At the end of Lap 13, in the high speed left hander, the PUG suddenly decided to let the rear end go (never had that before there), I over-corrected and she slewed sideways towards the right hander. I planted my foot on the throttle hoping to pull off a spectacular recovery into the middle of the track, and nearly did, but unfortunately I tapped Matt and sent him off track. Very sorry Matt. I waited and let Matt recover, but in the meantime, William had passed him. While I was typing my apologies to Matt, I completely missed the next turn and spun it again. From this point I hung my head in shame and just cruised the last lap to finish P4 again. Grats to William and Marcel for the wins, but also to Matt who was very consistent on the day.

Pity the numbers were small, but another good event with STCC. These events are so good, I wonder why we don't get more interest in them.

Was doing not too bad in quali and entered the main straight when all hell broke loose. My steering gave one jerk and the car veered to the right into the wall...revs screamed sky high and no brakes. Pressed esc as i was going down the wall, but nothing worked and unfortunately approaching T1 i went straight and collected Ollie, i believe, flat out. Big apologies!

After sitting for a while, the esc worked and i then re-entered the track from the pits and the same happened, so i decided to rather withdraw, than have this happen again, and compromise someone race.

Pity the numbers were small, but another good event with STCC. These events are so good, I wonder why we don't get more interest in them.

I don't know either, it must be because it is friday night here, most guys aren't at home like me on fridays. Don't now about your side though Warren - guys must be busy saturday morning.

Practice went well as my first full lap out yeilded my second best time on this track ever - then I managed to mess up qually and started in 3rd I think. Superpole is tough like that.

Race one - didn't get a great start but managed a few good turns and before long I was following Matt, I don't know how but second lap with 16 liters fuel gave me a PB on the track of 121.6something. I won't recap Matt and I's battle as he did a good job of it above, but it was good fun, and I brought home my first real win at RD. :rotfl:

Race 2 - started last but got an ok start and I think I was in 5th by the back straight. I was planning on just realing the front runners in if at all possible and it seemed like i was able to gain some ground but as Marcel and I pitted at the same time I found myself still sitting there and Marcel was driving away. I don't know what happened really but my crew took 12 seconds for the pit compared to 7 in race one. They must have taken some tips from Warren's crew. I got out finally and drove a horrible lap, giving up even more time. Then I settled down and drove as smooth as I could and was starting to catch Marcel, Matt, and Warren. I got close enough on the last lap to take advantage of Warren's drift and Matts unfortunate part in it to end the race in 2nd. That gave me the overall but only due to the crash of Matt.

Another fun and close race night in Sweden, I love these events - we just need more guys. thank you Olly, Matt, Marcel, Tyson, Warren, and Timothy for a fun night.:good:

well well i finally got my act together for qualifying ,due to a different car and help for Matt (thanks buddy ).
race one ,heh that was a shocker just couldnt get my act together ,had a few spins and made a poor pit stop ,went with 4 tyres not 2 ,oh well a lesson learned the hard way.
race 2 .just stuffed up the start , got to the grid wondered why there was no one in front of me then realised that I was on POLE ,damn forgot to engage 1st ,lights out foot down .....no go .sorry tyson ,i stuffed up your start .after that just drove around working on my lines etc .finished 6th i think.congrats to the winners and thanks Will for organising the event ,fellow racers,and Matt for your help.
yea is too bad that the field isnt bigger but as far as im concerned im having a great time ,and its the others that are missing out .
regards
olaf.j

Is there a reason why most people are not using BMW on the STCC server?

I ask because I have never tried it round here and thought it may be fun, but the lack of others using it is worrying me. Is it a bit of a mare round here? Have I made a schoolboy error in my choice?

Another great race night. However i had a mixed feelings.
Quali was "average", 14th. :ohwell:
Good start and up to 11th on first laps, stucked behind Richard Bunschoten and i have to apologize for the taps i gave to you. :sorry: Nothing serious, but i felt bad for so. I believe we ran 4 or 5 drivers bump to bump for a few intense laps. Hard work but very enjoyable.
A few laps later untill the end, i had another fantastic race battles with Matt Crouch (again:yo:) and with Carlos Moutinho. Carlos and i were racing with our bumps glued for almost 1 hour. :whoo:
Before entering pits i was in 7th, went to pit stop at 3rd, left pits at 12th :becky:. Now for my noooooooooooob mistake. Guess what...i had hit the tyre's chicane entering pit lane :doh: my car parked just with the front to the tyres and the rear to the tyres, confused? I was also, front windscreen showing tyres, rear mirror showing tyres...where am i?:eek: Lets shift reverse...opsss i hit the tyres....first gear...easy on throtle...hit the tyres, well, lost a few seconds exiting from the parking slot. :sleep: Fortunately nobody went to pits at that moment. Nevertheless untill the end was just enjoying all seconds, managed to finish in 9th (oh no, not this place again:laugh:).

Hats off to your stunning pace Gary, congratulations.:clap2:
Well done to podium finishers and to all drivers aswell. :good:

Thank you Andrew, another great event. :good:
Cheers.

Is there a reason why most people are not using BMW on the STCC server?

I ask because I have never tried it round here and thought it may be fun, but the lack of others using it is worrying me. Is it a bit of a mare round here? Have I made a schoolboy error in my choice?

Get some practice, this is the Indy circuit so you've got the final couple corners which mean you've got to do a left-right-right in quick succession which braking etc :D

Oh and there's paddock hill bend :p
I'll be H-Shifting for alot of LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%