RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Daniel, do you mean you didn't have enough steering lock? Or you couldn't find a gear to run thru the corners at?

It's the steering lock I think. I'm gonna have to play around a little more with it. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's something to do with the feeling of the car. When I did a few runs with the Vette, I didn't had the issue. But as soon as I tried the Audi, it was like, the car really wanted to turn, but were unable to.

Maybe it's so simple, it's just a weakness of the Audi itself? And perhaps it requires another approach to corners. Something I discovered were the case with the Honda during the Tuesday race.

It's the steering lock I think. I'm gonna have to play around a little more with it. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's something to do with the feeling of the car. When I did a few runs with the Vette, I didn't had the issue. But as soon as I tried the Audi, it was like, the car really wanted to turn, but were unable to.
race.

Very high negative camber at the front and a soft setup worked for me, also, try to stay on that different patch of asphalt in the corners, the track is flat on the grey areas but there's a lot of camber on that white line.

Worst combo ever for me. It didn't start out well either, when I entered the server, just to discover it was not the track I have been practicing in offline mode. That's my bad ofc, but I was 100% sure it would be the same track that we raced on Tuesday. So when I entered the server today, I was like :O_o::cautious:

I'm glad I entered 30 minutes before P2, so I had the chance to learn it thou.
But absolutely hate the R8. I just couldn't get it to work. I tried everything, but it was like the car didn't respond to anything. I tried both positive and negative camber. I tried to have very low/high rebound. I also tried to have to high/low casters. And high/low Anti-Roll Bar, and mind you, I tried every combo I could think off, but nothing worked. Even in the warm up session, I still fiddle around with the setup.

So when the race started, I was angry... No wait, pissed is better word for it :laugh:
I knew my car were weak, and I knew I would struggle alot. Which I did.
I considered just to floor it, and crash into a wall, so I didn't had to race.
So when I finally spun in R2, I had enough. Because I didn't have fun.
Ofc, thats all on me, but I guess it was just one of those days, when nothing works.

I´m like you Daniel tried different setup also but finally went back to default setup work pretty well actually Qual. 3rd R1 3rd but I don´t know what happend when the 2nd race started it said waiting for 8 more to join the grid and then you guys took off but my car just stood there I couldn´t do anything, after maybe 10 sec it went off. anyway it was nice to race in Race07 club again so thank you all for a nice evening see you again tomorrow maybe.

Well, now I'm happy I got all those practice laps in yesterday - consistency was the key (for me, at least ;))

All the way from P1 to P2 to another-P2 to Quals it became pretty apparent that I wasn't quite having the pace for the top. In fact, there were numerous drivers doing faster laps so I had to "resort" to getting it constant lap times and not crashing into anything. Did long stints in both P2's and managed to qualify 5th (I think), even going a bit fast than I had in the practice sessions.

Started fairly good (mainly thanks to the car being quite easy to start, I guess) into race #1, gained a position and was following around Arunas and Nelson while Reggie in P1 already began to pull away.
Arunas caught that bump after the hill shortly afterwards and another lap or two down, Nelson went off in T1.
oe7kBuw.jpg

Now in P2, that was pretty much my race - Nelson likely had some more problems as he didn't return and while the gap to Reggie didn't grow up, there was no way of getting closer, as well.
Apart from some lapping towards the end of the race, there wasn't much more action - mainly concentrated on keeping the car on track, which worked out fairly well - a small incident with Arunas rolling into the pits running out of gas aside ;)

Race #2 turned out to be a bit more interesting - had another good start and quickly gained positions up until P2 - partially due to some offs
MrhfILy.jpg

A few laps in, Nelson was battling Enzo in P1 right in front of me when they made contact and slowed down for a moment - with nowhere to go, I went for the space in the middle and the three of us "parked" for a moment ;) This led to Arunas and Reggie catching up a few metres, unfortunately :confused:
oZfWvD4.jpg

Soon afterwards, both Reggie and Nelson got past me and with Arunas following 4-ish seconds behind, I didn't put up much of a fight in order to stay in front of him ;)
vVGcKqC.jpg

Now in P4, I could pretty much stick to my pace & line and managed to keep Arunas behind me - although he was gaining inch per inch ;) Once more, I "inherited" positions with Enzo testing some barriers and Nelson taking flying lessons.
kmrZeZ7.jpg

It wasn't until the last three laps that Arunas actually reached my bumper - had a nice last-minute fight to the finish, resulting in me barely keeping P2 - one more lap and he'd got me, I guess - he was flying ;)
qZBMedc.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you on next week's track :)

Last edited:
No doubt this track has it's difficulties, fast right handers, double decreasing radius first[2] turns, the hill at the "chicane", esses.Thing's happen very quickly here. Compound that with an unfamiliar car for everyone and a powerful one at that. This was not going to be a regular race.

Since I cannot drive default cars I had to dig deep over several days practice to get a car that would not run me into a tire wall. I did succeed but if I had more time I would have covered a bit more ground to make it better. But really how many of us can easily handle one of these cars on a momentum track like this snake?

Tried like hell in Q and put in a good lap quickly, no sense in trying to go faster.

Race one was a real fun one as cars were off track and swapping places throughout. I didn't falter too much, that was my aim and had fun with all the goings and comings all around me.

Oops, I ended up quite alone until Arunas began to fill my mirror and try as I might, no way was I going to close after the pass. Still a fun race in a challenging duo!

This race was not in the case jump-in-the-car-and-have-fun :D
Q and R1 was practice session for me. Don't know how I managed to show quite good pace, but I was very inconsistent and miscalculated fuel amount. Ended last :D
R2 was way better story and with less mistakes, so I was capable to race for P2 with Bjorn at the end of the race.
Despite all problems it was fun race and I'd liked it ;)

STCC2Flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
Car: STCC2
Track: Magny-Cours
Games: STCC2

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification SUPERPOLE
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Alex Odell
  3. -James Wilson
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -Björn Golda
  6. -Daniel Linder
  7. -Janko Balej
  8. -Dave Morley
  9. -Filip Carlén
  10. -Arunas Linkevicius
  11. -Reggie Blain
  12. -Reggie Blain Snr
  13. -Matthias Klein
  14. -Gundars Brigis
  15. -Burim Bunjaku
  16. -István Milbich
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
WTCC87.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TC87
Car: WTCC '87 [Heritage Volvo excluded]
Track: Magny-Cours
Games: Race 07

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note any change in times

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Enzo Fazzi
  3. -James Wilson
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -Jonas Dautaras
  6. -Filip Carlén
  7. -Björn Golda
  8. -Arunas Linkevicius
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Magny-Cours National
Games: Race 07

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
Please note any change in times

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -James Wilson
  3. -Nelson Ullinskey
  4. -Alex Odell
  5. -David Kingshott
  6. -Aaron Channer
  7. -Lee McRae
  8. -Nuno Rodrigues
  9. - Frazer Forbes
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Meh, messed up quali. Did a 48.9-ish even though I did a 47.899 in practice and several other laps below 49.

In R1 I couldn't find my rhythm and to add insult to injury, I messed up my fuel.

Race 2 started off pretty good, starting in P1 because of the fuel DNF. Immediatly found my rhythm, even after that little bump from Nelson. Sorry for blocking you there, Bjorn, I was busy not spinning out. :D
I managed to keep Reggie off my back for far longer than I expected, considering his phenomenal pace. However, just after Reggie managed to pass me in T1, Nelson bumped into me again (racing incident) and that damaged my right-rear suspension, which made going up that hill pretty difficult. Finished in 5th or 6th even though Race07 said I DNF'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%