RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Mixed feelings,happy i seemed to have some decent pace in these things,sad at my performance in the race following close :(,i found it more than difficult judging what the car ahead is doing and punted Paulo and Yves around,the touch on Yves was incredibly soft,but it still had disasterous results....
Sorry to all i suppose.
Thanks Yves for a good data collecting test run :good:
Cheers RD :good:

I think I will just pretend I didn't join this event tonight ...
I was extremely late, with only 10 mins to go in quali, no setup, barely any experience in the Camaro, and less than a handful of laps under my belt round this track, it was never really going to go well I guess.
Thanks for the event Yves ... and of course RD ... no I better practice a bit before that league of yours' eh mate :D

...Didn't want to mess up the order after qualy and even though disappointed...

I've to admit I didn't consult the rules of RD regarding this kind of situations and in my somewhat short experience in RD races; I've never seen a restart.

But regarding the grid order, it is possible to keep the grid order (I think people just need to remain in the pit while the server administrator goes through the several sessions back to the race again).

If that doesn’t do it, the grid can be kept by the old DQ method, where the last on the gird DQ himself (going backwards), then the 2nd last and so on until the 1st.

There seems to be some weird problems at pretty much all events starts (people drop, DQ, dont see other cars, etc...). What do we do if the same thing happens to someone else after the restart? do we restart again?

Could one of the Aussie contingent for this please contact me to discuss the times this is run for queenslanders...

I just want to make sure I can commit b4 adding my name to the drivers list.

Phil, for current Oceania Events on a Sunday night, in QLD, Practice is 7.00 PM, Qualy 7.30PM, Race 8.00PM.

When daylight saving time ceases for the rest of Australia, the QLD times will most likely be one hour later.

Eric, regarding that pm, that just goes to show when someone doesn't want to find something, it doesn't... :p

thanks

There seems to be some weird problems at pretty much all events starts (people drop, DQ, dont see other cars, etc...).

A few time ago, I did a post on the general forum about a few of them, at least the most common at the time... some are nasty indeed, and if the race goes on with them, weird things will happen for sure.

Notice that I’ve yet to find them with the new patch...

Here is the old link http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/11090-known-glitches-mp-gtrevo.html#post200162

... What do we do if the same thing happens to someone else after the restart? do we restart again?

I'm not sure I understand fully the meaning of this last quote...

But admitting I do; yes, I know it is a difficult decision, and it "costs" work and time and so on... it’s a hard call.

On another club with whom I also do a few races, in endurance races, no one is left behind; once I think we had 5 restarts (15 to 20 minutes delay) because of a grid position bug!

2 things in favor of a restart one has to have in mind:

1. At an endurance race, when someone manages to free in his weekend 180 minutes to play with you, and then has bug... and sorry, bad luck, you are out, it is very hard to deal with.
  2. A few of these bugs, if ignored (the ghost one for instances), will bring problems to everyone... sooner or later.
Even in an ideal problem control situation, where the ghost manages to avoid everyone and doesn’t leave server (if he does, another one will become the ghost), after the race, the administrator can then put him in his "correct" classification (I think RD does that)... but then (if it is a championeschip for instances), someone can complain, something of the sort: "If I knew he was there I would have done that/this or whatever".

Whatever are the rules of RD regarding this matter, I will leave with them, not only I understand that the situation is a two edge sword (time lost and all the extra work needed to correct the last minute problems) but also being a traveled guy, I do follow the rule of “in Rome, be Roman;)

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Count me in, I love the STCC tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%