RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

2zejzmr.jpg

This is a joint AU, USA event, but others are welcome - if there is room.

Servername: Racedepartment AU USA
Class: STCC
Track: Knutstorp
Weather: Dry
Practice: 2.00 GMT (Friday 9.00PM EST USA) (Saturday 12.00MD AEST AUS) 30 minutes
Qualification: 2.30 GMT 15 min (Superpole)
Race: 2.45 GMT 2 by 14 laps (Forced Pitstops)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules! STCC expansion pack required - Pit stops have a minimum 2 tire change.

Entrylist:
  1. Gareth Hughes
  2. Marty Pierce
  3. Olaf j. Linortner
  4. Adam Vaughan - skin
  5. Rhys Gardiner
  6. Yves Larose - skin
  7. Warren Dawes - skin
  8. Michael Gribble
  9. William Yunck - skin
  10. Keith Barrick - skin
  11. Bill Kaiser
  12. Marcel vd Aa
  13. Michel Usal
  14. Rafael Barbosa
  15. Michael Hunter
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

As I said I was 1st for a few meters, then I sow Gary doing a “Barbosa” but on the right side over the pit exit, which I can “eat” since it was the 1st lap. Now the problem is, we couldn’t all 3 do the turn side by side, if we did only one would come out. My 1st thought was, well I’m on my line “eat that!”, then and thankfully I though no, the Viper as more inertia, I will "bite the dust", so I played the chicken role, and took the feet off the accelerator and gave the road to them…. I wonder if I didn’t, what would have happened, one day we will know :p

I personally feel a bit insulted and indeed a bit confused as to why your trying to paint me in a negative light here?,im just back from watching the replay thouroughly and dont really get your obsession with those pitlane lines?,and also i was very aware of the situation approaching T1,it wasnt some master plan i had to blast into the lead from the start,it was a surprise to me and i had to adapt and asses all the way running up to T1,and i was confident i could do what i done without tangling up with anyone else,i even chose not to fully take T1 as normal,but done my best to stay out from the apex and leave some track for Rafael,and he didnt even use it,there was room for another car in there,i also would have had no problem going 2 wide if thats what was required.
Im also concerned about your "I wonder if i didnt,what would have happened" statement,and one day we will know?,we already know what happens if someone way off the ideal line on the inside keeps there foot in with that kind of situation,there is usually a big crash.

That would have been me I think. In race 2 on lap 1 coming up to the final turn my computer froze for about a second or two. Sorry about that ken, not sure what happened.

No problem at all, Michael. I was more concerned if any damage was done to your car because unlike other lag issues, one goes "through" the other car, but in this instance i felt and saw definate impact.

All this aside, these mods make for great racing. :)

Grats Toni!

This track was awesome. Brilliant graphics too.
New to this track I was pleased with the laptimes. Second on the grid, but at race start I was not concentrating enough. Made some mistakes and finally it was enough to almost wreck the car. Went into the pits for repairs, but suspension was still bend.
Joined the track again 2-3 sec slower than normally and after some laps the engine died.

See you next race, where I expect a no-finish too :) too much jumps.

As I said I was 1st for a few meters, then I sow Gary doing a “Barbosa” but on the right side over the pit exit, which I can “eat” since it was the 1st lap.

What I mean with “eat” is that I could/can leave with that… with the way you did your move from 4th to 1st.

Observing your evolution from the word go, we can see that a bit like Rafael Barbosa you overtake the 2nd on the grid going by his right side and at certain point your left tires were a smidge of being fully outside of the track (but they weren’t and that is what counts) and I don’t have a problem with that.
.[FONT=&quot]Now the problem is, we couldn’t all 3 do the turn side by side, if we did only one would come out.[/FONT]

That’s a preview as good as they come (almost a fact); you weren’t in my position (in the middle) where I could see both of you… one on the right, the other on the left.

I can assure you (as I’m seeing the replay right now) there was no space for me between you and Rafael and our lines would have crossed.

Unless you expect some “touching” and “squeezing” wish I disapprove (and avoid at all costs) since the car losses performance and it is a bit like the boots race (the AI) and puts us all in a big “greyarea.
[FONT=&quot]so I played the chicken role, and took the feet off the accelerator and gave the road to them…. I wonder if I didn’t, what would have happened, one day we will know[/FONT].

Look, we only raced together 2 or 3 times, and as far as I remember, we never raced close between us, so we don’t know each other’s way of racing. But now I know you a little better, you leave room, good, next time I will take this into account.

This all matter (point 2) is peanuts, not that important; at the exact moment, I was a little upset for a fraction of a second, as from my point of view it seemed you counted with the others to solve the situation. Kind of “Yes I will majestically do this corner with my ton ½ car and leave everybody peaking up the pieces behind me if need be”.
Now I know I got the wrong impression, you were in attention with the others, you leave some room, good (my bad).

Notice that although, I consider Rafael by far the main culprit of the all situation (see point 1), I in any way I want/wanted him to have a stop & go or any kind of reprimand by RD, the situation wasn’t that serious and I much prefer to have a race adversary… after all, with that start, in that race, I overtook him 3 times and that had a special flavor.
The all objective of the 3 points was just this
[FONT=&quot]we don’t win races on the 1st corner[/FONT][FONT=&quot], especially endurance races [/FONT]
Nothing more, nothing less.

Another matter, sort of connected with this one…
As most of you know, the original Paul Ricard didn’t had that chicane right there at the start, it was a straight until the now 4th corner.

I don’t know for sure why the moder putted the 1st grid spot on the left side of the track being a left turn the first turn (should be taken from right). Unless the outside line (the faster one) as to give room to the inside one... "grey area" aproach warning :D

I suspect that in RL this might happen because the right side is the dirty one (rubber marbles) since in race no one goes over that side (illegal, pit exit, after the last turn one must stay left and only come fully right after the end of the pit exit), perhaps a better service would be done by moving the 1st spot to the right side of the grid even though in RL that might not be the situation (I've seen many races in Paul Ricard with all sort of grid dispositions).

• Darren Gardner

Well good racing last night chaps, first race went ok had a few battles with bob and ended up p7.

Race 2, i started second and took the lead at t1 and managed to hold it untill the 6th lap when i made an error at this point i was dropped to second and stayed there untill lap 8-9 when i braked to late and ended up in the gravel which dropped me to 5th and thats where i stayed.

Thanks for the event it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years