RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I do enjoy a good street circuit,qual even went better than usual way up there in 2nd,but no good nitro launch this time,i saw Keith having some early knocks on the walls getting some damage,although i could stick on his back bumper to actually pass was near impossible until Keith bit the tyre barrier at T2 handing me the lead + 8sec gap bonus,from there on it was good to stay focused and concentrate to the end with a good pit stop for a change.
Too much overly nice stuff from blue flag guys,some of you compromise your own race too much to let me pass,at the time ofcourse its appreciated but not required you almost drive off the track to be lapped :).
Great job everyone who brought their car to the finish of this one.
Many Thanks Yves and RD

Qualified 7th with a PB 2:01.8 and carrying 20L fuel so was over the moon. Race started and after a not to bad start was 9th into the T1 kink when cars in front braked so I did and got bumped from behind into the barrier. It was not much of a bump but suspension damage and aero damage. Damn! T1 in an 80 min race after my best quali I couldn`t believe it!!

Anyway, tried to stay on the outside and out of peoples way but had a mad swing out for some reason in T2 and ended up in the opposite barrier so scraped to the run off area and let the field through, so from 7th to last in 2 corners, it doesn`t get any better.

Was a real handful after that and became a challenge just to lap in 2:05-2:09 but stuck with it for 35 mins then pit in for what seemed like ages.

Came out and was doing 2:03s and catching people, got upto 8th then pushed too hard and ate barrier for more damage. Carried on and was made up to finish 7th, my start positon so couldn`t ask for anymore.

With all the damage it was probably the best race i have driven in the mini and enjoyed it very much.

Thanks to Yves and RD.

• Andrew Evans

sprintnightuh1.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Sprint 1: Dodge Viper SRT/10 @ Istanbul
Sprint 2: Dodge Viper Comp. Coupe @ Mid-Ohio Chicaned
Sprint 3: Dodge Viper GTS/R @ Limerock Mountain
Weather: Dry

Start: 21:00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins superpole
Race: 1 x 10 laps

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Brought to you in conjunction with Gary from Lennon!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Gary Lennon
  3. Jesper Bourner Ferrari
  4. Nuno Areias
  5. Bob Miley
  6. Ries Notenboom
  7. Michael Herrmann
  8. James Yates
  9. Lewis Fergusson
  10. Ben Tusting
  11. Piotr Misiorek
  12. Fernando de Almeida
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Thanks Yves and RD for laying this on, just what a man separated from his wheel needed after a gruelling Christmas break with family and in laws ... some hardcore street racing in the minis :D

Quali'd 5th I think, took it steady at start and lost a place in favour of crashing. During race was following David quite close for a while, but he managed to pull a bit of a gap out by getting past early lapees at the right moment. As the laps went by a bit of attrition in front (including David) left me lapping in 3rd place and about 10 seconds adrift from Marcel.

I pitted behind him with around 37 mins remaining, and had a good one leaving just behind left 7 seconds behind Marcel ... but for some reason my pit limiter was off (normally on automatically right??) so I ended up with a S&G :(

Came in a lap later for my S&G, which left me 26 seconds adrift from Marcel - pulled a few seconds back, but was not making a big enough dent in his lead to do anything like catch and race him :disapointed:

Had a few amusing yet worrying moments rounding corners to see cars strewn across the middle of track and taking drastic avoidance actions ... biggest shout and giggle goes to Simon for his pirouetting at great speed right in front of me, literally must have missed you by millimetres there mate :scared:

Rest of my race continued with Steven a solid 10 or 11 seconds behind and Marcel 22-24 in front until 8 mins to go I got squirrely into turn 2. Damaged my suspension and got going to see the gap to Steven drop to 2.4 seconds :shocked:

Managed to pull it back out to about 3 seconds and hold my now bucking and weaving mini steadyish to keep my 3rd place to the line 4 or 5 laps later :laugh2:

Gratz to all who made the line ... thanks again to Yves, RD and all who made tonight a great event ... Its good to be home :wink2:

What are expected lap times here (first time the track and first time this class)?

Am currently doing a 2:03:526. Don't think it is to good as I am behind the AI :(. Thought already when I did a 2:05 that it would be impossible to go faster :).

best quali ever, 14th and only 4 seconds slower than pole! Got a bad start, and dropped to 19th. Then the accidents started happening...halfway round the lap after having regained my lost places, I got whacked and found myself on my roof :cry: John waited for me, but I was down to 20th, and not very happy. A mistake got me a busted RF tyre, and two laps later, another barrier incident took me out.
Gutted, as I was looking forward to some real racing tonight :(

Big thanks to Lee for the practice session, to Neil & Keith for the setups, and RD for the servers and effort needed to make these great races.

One of our smallest grids in a long time - reminded me of Vara with only Timothy, Yves, Marcel and I driving Minis when the North American server first got started.
It was a fun race for me though and I hope it was for everyone. I had fun chasing Sai but really make too many mistakes to compete for first place - whenever i get in the lead I can't stand the pressure I guess. Race 2 was good fun and while not my favorite STCC track, it gave some close racing.

Thankyou all for showing up and hopefully we can get more interest in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%