RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi
Managed to squeeze in some 30 training laps tonight.
With a slightly modified “Nico-setup”, Niklas track guide and ~40liters left onboard I managed a 1.12.9xx lap.
It still felt like a lucky lap since the most of them where mid 1.13’s. I’m not happy with the car under braking yet and hopefully I get some more training time tomorrow, but a really funny circuit that will offer all sorts of happenings for us…. :laugh2:

That first lap first corner braking on cold tyres could settle the complete race if we are not careful there…

Nice time in Race conditions Jan:good:. However i can't believe you are having problems with the car under braking cuz i find the F3000 to be unbelivably stable under braking no matter what setup or conditions. :laugh2: I'm guessing your problems are in the corner combos in the first and last sector? Maybe you are a bit to aggressive there? In that case try and let the car settle down before you brake. Also try and stay off the curb as they can upset the car.

I'm glad the guide helped. See you tomorrow :)

BTW, all that like the track... It was suggested to me by Timoth Miller!!

Thank you Tim!!! I really like it!!!

But it was originally proposed to me by Yves LaRose, and I tested it with the F3000 cars and loved It! Thanks for the skin comments too. I was hoping to have some fun with them and I did!

A fantastic track it is. Thank you Yves, Timothy and Eric :)

The only negative thing i can come up with is that overtaking will be very difficult. Not necesseraly a bad thing cuz it can provide some really close racing and even though it's very difficult overtaking is not impossible. :)

Not good :(!

Qualy went good, did a 2:03.2xy (14th).

Race: Started bad, hit the wall in the first turn (the fast one) when I was braking to avoid people, was not to bad. Lap 2 I got a little bit accelerated from behind while being in T2 (the first real turn), which made me not making the T3 (the sharp right hander), but made it to the rescue area, so no serious damage. But down to 23. In lap 3 I got first Carlos (who also made it to one of the rescue areas :) ), Nuno (did you let me pass, thanks in that case) and Eckhard (also in one of the rescue areas). Put me behind John. John braked in T1, which I did not expect, so hit my brake as well, little to hard, there was the wall again, puncture on tyre. Car still moving so thought I make it to the pit. Unfortunately it did not drive very well, puncture on second tyre, car more or less did not move anymore. As the track is very narrow, I decided not to be an additional chicane and quitted :)

Arrrrggg was looking like it was going to be a good race, qualified with a PB in 3rd place :good: but then lost a place to Marcel at the start, so i sat behind him for a few laps trying to find an opportunity to pass, i was quicker in the twisty mid section but he was quick out of the corners leading to the straights where it mattered. It was shaping up to be a good race until we came up on some back markers and i lost concentration and stuck it into the wall :pissed-off:, managed to get it back to the pits only to plough into the wall again like a rookie @ turn 2 :poop: race over :beat-up::embarassed:

Great track choice for these and would love to do it again sometime.

• Jason Parks

Well was a late bloomer, only had 13 mins to qually, but came in 13th, not bad!!

Started well, gained a few places, but then couldn't handle the speed round turn 2 and 4, kept 360'in. Tried to wait for people to pass, sorry if I hit anyone, pitted and was behind Andy....All was well till I pitted, got fresh tires, and kept spinning again...

About 50 mins in I hit a wall, car unrepairable :(

My 1st event with the minis and thought it was Ace fun...

Well done to podium and to all that finished....

Again thanks to Admin and RD :)

What a bummer!! was 4th and having a good scrap with Marcel in 3rd and Lee not too far behind in 5th, hadn't made a mistake untill lap 15 when I went a bit sideways at t2 got a punture on left then a punture on right so I quit as I was getting in the way trying to make it to the pits :( This is a great track but very unforgiving, more suited to 2 shorter races maybe, imo. Thanks for setting this up, was good while it lasted :)

Damn, Damn, Damn.............pits cost me the race..........curse my 20 lap fuel (non)strategy.

Anyhows, got meself into the 2.04's in qually so happy about that. Did I make a lightening start or everyone else make a bad one? From 19th I was suddenly up to 13th coming to the end of Lap1:bulgy-eyes: Settled down for the long haul, meeting Mr Herrmann on the way (nice overtake chap:good:) who after harassing me for a few laps put in a lovely move and then ...........err..............crashed spectacularly on the next corner.

Inexplicably I found myself in 7th, loping along on my own having damaged my suspension with a bit of armco early on, deciding on whether to pit and repair or not, I decided to smack the opposite corner..........fixed it!! Equilibrium restored.:laugh2:

So going lovely to Lap 21 and pit.........15 secs.......hmm, no fuel I imagined. Went round again, pit...carefully select my pre programmed stop and...............bugger all...........ran out Lap 24.:disapointed: Tbh my poor old Mini was starting to fall apart around me by that point.

Still, all in all terrific fun. Thanks to all for the driving. Ta ta.

Simon. :)

• Andrew Evans

"It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van."

much quality... :dance:

Really looking forward to these races. What I have noticed is no one posts any practice times to gauge ones own times against. Is everyone keeping their cards close to their chests?

usually people post them all the time... might have something to do with there being no server yet.... i'll be popping it after the minis have finished later... will post a mediocre time that'll give you a gauge for the dirty end of the grid :D

Quali: Pole

Race: Good battle with Gary, again I gave up the lead which seems to be an ongoing trend lately. Then about 15 laps in my comp video card overheated, and was left with a still life shot of me sideways and the sound carrying on.

Thanks for organizing, was fun while it lasted.

Keith

Hi there friends

nice race
full nice fights and fair play very nice my race was very cautions
start 22 manage to stay on the train without any accident and step by step
i was gain some position until 8th place the position i finish the race
very well to all

congrats to podium

and all finishers i had a lot of fun thanks guys:quiet:

Qualy: I decided to not do qualy. It was safer for all after my last experience on a street track. This way i would not take out half the field.

Race: I took it super easy on lap one. Even had time to look around going to T1,2,3. After the usual First lap issues i started to push a little. By lap 10 i was in 6th or so. From there on i basically just circulated and tried to keep the car in one piece. I had some very nice battles with Terry, but i got past after he made a slight mistake. Finished 5th and 8 secs behind 3rd.

Thanks again to everybody
Cheers

great fun

massively enjoyed myself, what a strange but great choice of track.

hadn't done the Mini since Race07 and thought myself an old hand with two tournies under my belt, including four races at Macau. However, after doing rwd during the past three months it took me an hour in practice to get used to the Mini, felt utterly alien.

quali pos21, happy about my time 2:06

start went way better than expected, stayed out of all trouble just got banged up a little and was moved up to 12. From there, by virtue of my zero skills and some good moves by others I was quickly down to 19. had two great battles with Nuno and teammate Steven, nice and clean and superb fun! pitted with 30 mins left but realized too late that when you reach your pit (mine was #2 I guess) and haven't submitted a choice yet, they put in no fuel. So with fresh tires I went out but had to come back in for fuel with 10 mins to go. That's when disaster struck: I got a puncture going into pits but never noticed !!! Did my slap n'dash and exited with a flat tire! Limped round the course but lost a whole lap on Nuno and my coveted 8th position! Came back on with 6 mins to go, just managed to unlap myself from Nuno to finish 9th of nine still running!

Great fun racing, survived two 360 degree spins which - I guess - is quite a feat on this track :)

• Andrew Evans

fun times!.... can't really remember anything... arrrrf! shouldn't get so caned before the lights go out.... managed an hour before eating a wall... mebbe the same one that gave me a puncture earlier in the race... ah yes! was doing okay till that point...

ahow, gratz to all on the lovely clean opening lap... no grand scale chaos, so wda!... and apols to terry for blocking the track as you were coming up on me... hope i didn't mash you bad....

see ya next week, miniheads.... :flypig:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline