RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Huge apologies to Istvan for clumsily punting you off at turn 1. Entirely my fault.

It was a bit of a recovery drive from there. I spent most of the race on my own, pitting when I crashed at the penultimate corner just before half distance, and only had one real battle with @Dennis Phelan towards the end, which I lost when I got too preoccupied looking back I missed a braking point.

Not my greatest showing.

Well Campbell, mine was even worse!

I had a very reliable car, managed to bypass all the cars on L1 and stupidly decided to get into a bash with Bjorn. I kinda let him by in T1 so I could run behind him and being stupid decided to go for it at the entrance to the chicane which got me a punctured RF tire and, AND I got to bounce back on the track and collect I think, Radovan. Last and a premature pitstop wasn't enough for my Stupidity as I rolled into the pit at 90kph to collect a SnG!

At least my regular pit stop went well and I was able to chase down Campbell instead of just hanging out.

The only thing I didn't do wrong was cut the chicane out!

Next week has to be better!

Thanks to all, even the late signups and almost didn't make it's.
Too bad for the guys that missed the start, you missed a mess, lol!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I missed the 2 last races. :(

In the WTCC race, when we were qualifying I couldn't see the lap times. Before I even realized what had happened my internet crashed and kicked me out from the game.:cry: I didn't try to join the F3000 race because, I didn't trust my internet connection and if something happened it would probably cause an accident with someone else. As I guessed, my modem device was broken, so as long as I hadn't a new modem, I lost the 2 last races. I got the new modem today:thumbsup: and my Internet was back again with no problems and... there I was .:)

About today's event.

Qualifying; I always made mistakes in the last turn and that made me to lose 1 second from my actual time.

Race; The only thing I could do to enjoy the race from P1, is to make the gap as big as I could from the P2. :) Focusing and trying not to make mistakes was my enjoyment in this race.

As always thanks Dennis for making this race possible for us to enjoy.

See you next time, guys.;)

Well, that was good fun. A few nice battles, some of them being "medium-distanced" ones ;)

Managed to get my stuff done in time and even got onto the server a bit early - got quite fast soon, though Peter wasn't there yet and I knew I wasn't at the car's limit. I was pretty close to my own one, though, and thus it wasn't a surprise to see Peter smash my time once he arrived, awesome pace :)
Decided to go into quals with less fuel in the very last moment, but the car didn't handle that different, luckily - managed to qualify 2nd behind Peter, partly/largely due to the fact that Arunas chose to the start from behind.

Race time - let's do the "Arunas thing" ;)

I started okay - Nelson quickly passed me, but then, he had been faster towards the end of P2 anyways. Managed to hold P3.. at least until lap 2's T1 when Radovan went over the inside curb and into my right rear
NO16PLP.jpg

Fortunately, I could recover quickly - unfortunately, Arunas' effort to prevent a bigger crash resulted in him spinning, otherwise that would've evolved into a nice fight for sure :)
R43pFJe.jpg

Not pictured is Dennis who went by the crash's site and put himself into P3 in front of me - we had a nice, close, all to short fight for the next few kilometres until I passed him after T1
REVBVvt.jpg

Given the long straight, there was no way of keeping him off my bumper, though - unfortunately, his effort to counter-pass going into the chicane resulted in an off as well as a flat tyre :(
ZPZw14i.jpg

Now back in P3, I was able to keep the gap to Nelson in 2nd stable and nibble away a few tenths every now and then - Nelson pitted quite early, temporary P2 it was! (also pictured: Istvan, who put up a great fight against getting lapped :))
FAj3FFs.jpg

Went on for a few more laps until pretty much half-time and took my stop - just like Nelson, I only changed two tyres, though different ones. The fronts, to be specific. Apparently, that worked out quite well as I was now constantly getting closer, but it would be hard to reach him in time
QK8OTOg.jpg

In the end, he actually got DQ'd because of running wide a few times and missing the deadline for his SnG. I finished P2 accordingly, but since I don't think I'd have caught up, it really should've been P3 :)

Thanks for racing everyone, see you in Baden-Württemberg next week ;)

Dennis dont you try organize race with retro pack (max) ?

Sometimes (retro cool "happens" more often ;)). Apart from Tuesday's touring car rotation, we're only having alternating car classes on Thursday at the moment, so there aren't that many chances to get a certain class in.
Additionally, the last time Retro Max was scheduled as a regular event, the signups were.. well, "low", and the event before that one wasn't hosting too many drivers as well ;)
Hooowever, there has been a time trial with these cars recently that was loads of fun and somewhat well received, so all in all, there may be hope for seeing these cars again :)

Bjorn sorry for your right wheel etc I try to be very careful but... racing incident? I hope :O_o:
I have tried to wait for you. But I have not seen Arunas problem- spin. Sorry Arunas.

About retro. Peronally this series have one of the best physics. It is pity that is not popular.
WTTC 87 is next very good series and is in basic package. Maybe wttc 87 will be more popular.
Do you like wttc 87 friends? I know only 3 cars but very funny. I love Volvo s handling.

Last edited:
Qualify:
Basically first time driving these cars so was pretty happy with a qualy putting me near the back in 9th postion to start.

Race:
Got good jump off the line and almost got collected by some contact between Istvan and Campbell who got just enough of my rear quarter to give me minor suspension damage
15219026972_9c3449621f_c.jpg

14620580934_6c84b20a1c_c.jpg

**Hey @Campbell Wallis how come every time I race you here at RD I find you sideways on the track? LOL
Fortunately no loss of control up to 5th out of turn 1. Messed up the chicane letting Arunas and Dennis past dropping me down to 7th and with momentum loss Lewis got by me as well 8th. Turn 1 error by Arunas and Janko jumped me back up to 6th. Was having a really nice battle going with Lewis till he missed the chicane and had to take the straight lane. Errors by Radovan and Dennis at the next turn saw me jump into 4th. Battled Arunas briefly but with my suspension damage he had a cleaner line dropping me back to 5th. Started loosing postions as my suspension damage start getting worse with some battles and light rubbing. This added to a huge laps in concentration saw me miss my braking point at the run into final turns which led me onto the beach. Decided I best get the suspension fixed as held on as long as I could and did my two tire change as well exiting the pits in 10th. Another bad brake and spin down to 11th but got 10th passing Campbell pitting. As I had pitted earlier then most started getting blue flag warnings but kept on pushing forward after letting people past when a warning came up. Gained a few more postions as others completed thier pitstops. With only a few more minutes to go found myself in 6th which I managed to hold onto for my best finish online to date :cool:.
Some great racing and a heck of alot of fun going to try and get into these on the fridays a little more with a proper livery as well. Congrats to the winners and looking forward to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back