RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Home 10 minutes before the event, a few laps yesterday, no event with the F3000 yet (had to cancel out of A1 a few weeks ago)... what could possibly go wrong? ;)

Actually, I had already decided to use this as a training session in the F3000 and see what happens :) Put in a few laps in the remaining time of P2 and qualified 8th out of 8, so my plan was running just fine so far ;)
Race time came, and I started better than expected - passed a few, got through T1 nicely.. only to see Damien slowly getting back on the track.. sideways, unfortunately - had to swerve right to avoid a collision. Sadly, I got into Michel's line that way and he went off to the right :(
Now back in P8 after waiting, I soon made the one big mistake of the race (I was fairly consistent - in my own, kinda slow pace, for the rest of the race) by spinning in the second-to-last corner. Fought my way back to Michel's rear wing afterwards to pass him somewhere at around L7 (IIRC) after he suddenly slowed down a fair bit on the start/finish straight - phew, that was close!
Soon afterwards, Reggie Snr was waiting on the grass in a turn's inside - another position gained. Fuel issues for Damien (early :confused:) and Robert (not so early) made me go up two more positions to P4 in the end - pretty happy with that, and a good (and fairly constistent) training it was :)

Qualify:
Had a hard time putting together a lap in qualifying but still happy with 5th on the grid.
Race 1:
Got a great launch off the line but had to let up slightly a not to run into Damien. Got the inside line on him into turn one but don't think he knew I was there as we made slight contact which unfortunately spun him. A wide line by Stig allowed me to take over 2nd out of turn 1. From there took off after Reggie. Stig got in under me at the end of lap 1 dropping me back to 3rd with Reggie Snr making a run on me as well. Had got back on the tail of Stig by lap 4 with Damien on my tail who then got by when I went wide on turn 1. Had caught back up to Damien and Stig on lap 6 getting around them both by lap 8. Had opened up a nice 10+ second lead on 3rd place when my calculations proved to be terrible running me out of fuel with 5 mins to go. Really upset at this one as not only would this have been the first RD race I managed to finish but had I been able to hold on would have also been my first podium in an online race. Hopefully with all the setup I've done on the car that it sticks nicely will help me over and RylR.
Great racing by everyone, some were short some were long but had some really nice clean battling.

A Windows update yesterday really screwed up my day today as I could not get Race 07 to run. I ended up missing 40 minutes of practice that I expected to get along with some setup. I did a basic high downforce car on Sunday but I didn't have the chance to find a good spot for the wings speed and handling wise. I concentrated on just fine tuning my laps in the basic car.

I put one lap in for Q with race fuel in the tank, it could have been quicker but it was OK.

I had a great launch but somehow came out of T1 in last, then I went by Damien and Michel.
The basic car was a tad short on speed but it really was on rails through the corners! While the first lap was slow for many I hauled and was back in the mix. Damien came back and I offered a path for him but he didn't take it but when he came back a bit later he found room on his own. Finally catching Snr I dogged him for a bit and put some pressure on in T1, I guess it wiorked adn I was looking at Damien until he spun and then Rob and Stig. It took a while to get to stig as he could pull a 1-2 tenths on the long straight and I could only pull up everywhere else. I made a couple of bids that failed and then I got too close in the second to last corner and pushed him off. I followed and let him collect himself. Sorry Stig and I hope there was no damage. It looked like you did good going sideways to the wall! Next lap he entered that turn from the left side and "whoa", don't know what happened there but I did go past him. With the light fuel load my car was handling very well thank you and I was cutting fast laps. Rob was ahead and I think he knew he was low on fuel as I could catch him up. A fight was brewing but the tears were falling and Rob was slowing and pulling off. Stig was still two seconds behind so there was no letting off at the end.

A much better race for me than I thought would come about. Lets see how the open wheel racing goes next week!

FormulaRaceRoomFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FRR
Car: Formula RaceRoom
Track: Hochenheim GP
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Nelson Ullinskey
  3. -Peter Ell
  4. -Belet Michel
  5. -Björn Golda
  6. -Manuel De Samaniego
  7. -Andreas Scholz
  8. -David Kingshott
  9. -Campbell Wallis
  10. -Damien Rouchon
  11. -Enzo Fazzi
  12. -Gabriel Savu
  13. -Reggie Blain
  14. -Reggie Blain Snr
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
STCC2Flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
Car: STCC2
Track: Hochenheim National
Games: STCC2

19:30 GMT: Qualification SUPERPOLE
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Alex Odell
  3. -Michael van Scheppingen
  4. -Dave Morley
  5. -Aaron Channer
  6. -Nelson Ullinskey
  7. -Daniel Linder
  8. -Peter Ell
  9. -Manuel De Samaniego
  10. -Björn Golda
  11. -István Milbich
  12. -Filip Carlén
  13. -Janko Balej
  14. -David Kingshott
  15. -Arunas Linkevicius
  16. -Reggie Blain
  17. -Reggie Blain Snr
  18. -Leonardo Tuma
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Hochenheim Club
Games: Race 07

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Alex Odell
  3. -Nelson Ullinskey
  4. -Radovan Nevriva
  5. -Peter Ell
  6. -Robert Covey
  7. -David Kingshott
  8. -István Milbich
  9. -Reggie Blain
  10. -Reggie Blain Snr
  11. -Didier Joomun
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Hi
startet the race with a more conservative setup, I wasn't to comfortable with the
Quali setup, as I was looking forward to 29-30 laps in the race :whistling: wrong calculator.
I did a test with the AI drivers before the race it said 29 laps ( it is normally spot on )
The race: got of the line okay where then soon under pressure from Covey
we had some small contact apparently enough too I got the Message ( suspension trouble)
later on Dennis Phelan was getting closer pretty fast- by the way when I got sideways
in that corner I had been looking to much in the rear view mirror so it simply caught
me out :rolleyes: so Phelan Got ahead, by the end of the race ( only 20 laps ) my lap times surprisingly startet to get faster but I simply couldn't catch :cautious: the american :thumbsup:

Stig Bidstrup

[...]Anytime a mistake is made that involves contact with another car it should be asked, did I have anything to do with that and have I passed him or simply displaced him?
When the mistake is recognized and properly attended to, there is no problem.

[...]

If you lose position because you were bumped off your line[or off track], never to see that driver either slow or stop to wait for you, he is not giving you the respect you deserve and he should be reported, by you. You cannot excuse it as being just a fun event or any or for any other reason. When you do not report an incident and the driver goes on to disrespect another driver at a later time, you also share the responsibility for that.

I think this is what it really comes down to - when incidents happen, there should be a reaction/reactions - mid-race, the advantage gained/disadvantage given should be nullified, i.e. wait for the driver you bumped, give back that position you gained by omitting Monza's T1, etc.
After the race/in between events, one should reflect upon the driving leading to the incident and search for the errors made in order to not repeat them - in short: undertake measures to become an even better driver.

If this works, everything's fine.

Now, there are two ways it might not work out:
  • the driver causing the incident didn't wait - in this case, as Dennis pointed out, an incident report should be issued or at the very least be considered. IMHO, if the drivers involved immediately sort it out post-race, that's fine in my books - as long as it's NOT the regular behaviour of the person responsible
  • the driver causing the incident did wait, but it's not exactly the first crash he's in/has caused - he does not seem to be learning the lessons. In this scenario, it would be nice to be able to "warn"/inform the driver before outright suspending him for the 30 days (much like there have been messages about massive lagging in the past - nothing too official, but a firm reminder of what happened repeatedly). I don't know whether the "incident reporting system" of RD does actually allow such a warning - if so, then this "incident report light" might be a good way IMHO. If this doesn't improve the behaviour, a suspension would be the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%