RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Q 15. No big hopes on podium, just for fun & experience of endurance.

The first 20 laps I was last on track, but on close distance. Then the tyres started to wear cause I had a hard time keeping close, but not to close :) 1 time this resulted in me spinning and loosing a few seconds, which I recoverd in a few laps. Between lap 27 and 37 I can clearly see on graphs a lot of position changes (concentration?) Also at that moment (lap 37) Simon Trendell is behind me at the straight (doubling me). I keep a wide line in T1 and he passes me smoothly. Unfortunately, seconds later he spins with his rearwheels on the grass right before the little hill at T3 and crashes heavily.
I kept battling with Eric Schoeters and many laps later after he spun and I was chasing Jeroen and I was even able to overtake Jeroen 2 laps before the finish giving me a 6th pos!

Great events guys & thanks RD!

An excellent nights racing

quali was close with 1 second covering 4th down to 18th. managed to do a sub 1.14 so I was happy. Started 13th

Race: Start went OK, lost a place to Michael on the opening lap then had a good few laps with Bob then I made my first of 4 spins at the same point, so lost the place and then had a good few laps with Stuart until, yep spin, and lost the place. That left me in the clutches of Neil and Laurence whom I had the rest of the night racing and what good clean,hard racing it was.

Thanks to Simon for the event and as usual all the members of RD for a great night's racing:highfive:

Hmm where do I start for my first event...

Practice, went well. Middle of the pack round about 14.. on a pace I thought was about right.

quali. Came out the blocks very fast setting my first 1:14.9. was happy with that putting me in 11th slot for the race..

Race time: started 11th. Got a good start up to 10 then into T1 came out 9th I think. Was going very well. little busy in the pack.. then worked my way up to 7th and was in a great battle with Richard Bunschoten for a good 20laps. He gave me a little love tap but nothing major (That's Racing) then I droped to 8th cos the suspention damage.. came in to pit about lap 31 I think with Richard but I stayed in to fix the damage, then came my first school boy error, Forgot to change tyre's. :( So That put me in a pickle as I new I would have to come back in. so I did that changed the tyres and was back on the pace . But then while being lapped I spun. Hence damage number 2 (still no rage as I was loving it) so I thought ok I'll carry on. big mistake as I was way off the pace. So thought ok I've got nothing to lose now my race in done I'll come in for a 3rd time LOL.. once the car was all sorted I was back on the pace setting low 1.15s but then came a problem as I was stuck watching the battle for 12/13, and setting a much faster pace, but thought I'll just hang behind them as no point spoiling others race...

All in all very happy with my pace I was a top 8 runner, but the school boy error of a first race beat me.. But I would like to thank everyone that was on track and those I had a good battle with...

Big thanks to RD staff for setting this up. I'll defo be taking part in a lot of events

Thanks all... :)

• Eric Soeters

I'am looking at the replay. At 735 nice 3 car action around place 14.
1626 Istvan Milbich is getting a small touché from me. After looking at the replay I feel sorry for Istvan. He could not get out of the hole :).

So thought ok I've got nothing to lose now my race in done I'll come in for a 3rd time LOL.. once the car was all sorted I was back on the pace setting low 1.15s but then came a problem as I was stuck watching the battle for 12/13, and setting a much faster pace, but thought I'll just hang behind them as no point spoiling others race...
That was me & Bob.

I didn't know you were on fresh rubber, but that explains a lot :)

You were all over me pulling out of the corners, whereas I was (and I suspect Bob was) pretty much just hanging on with some extremely second hand tyres.

But - first race, first finish for you.

And it sounds like you enjoyed it, mate, which is - after all - why we are all here. :good:

It was indeed, you was having a good little battle, I thought about unlaping myself, but @ the risk of taking you both out was not worth it... I was happy with my performance. Yes made a few mistakes on the stop.. but I got what I wanted and that was to finish my first race...

Was a lot of fun.. and was a good feeling racing hard & fair with others that get the same enjoyment from it...

Now to find the replay!

WD all :)

It was indeed, you was having a good little battle, I thought about unlaping myself, but @ the risk of taking you both out was not worth it...

It was quite funny when you came alongside me into turn 1 and I went wide and slowed down to let you through only for you to do the same, lost a bit of ground on Stu but when I tried to make it up i spun on my overworked tyres, let all those behind me go and ended up finishing in 14th(my qualifying spot). But hayho thats racing. Glad you enjoyed your first outing.

Overall it was an excellent race, fair, clean and competative and i loved every minute.

Thanks Simon and RD:good:

The effort needed to get a lap time for 6th start was huge.....
Got a very good start and leaped to 4th for T1 and hung on the back of the front 3 as long as i could but eventually dropped back a bit into the sights of Keith B,held him off as long as tyres allowed but he found a way past close to pit in time,i stayed out those fatal couple of laps too long on very shot tyres then pitted and changed all 4.
Came out pits a bit down on Keith now but found the fresh rubber to be great and gradually chipped away the gap,but pushed to hard and had an off,no damage and not a big deal at first,but i was strangely beached and couldnt get going again,it felt like a puncture but i didnt have one,eventually got it on track again in 8th,long long battle following Richard B trying to find a way past,when he went wide at the final turn i got past to 7th where i finished.
Grats Sander and podiums and Thank You to Simon T and RD

• Lu Chan

Very nice good quality race! Now clean and fair is must in RD.
Although I haven't the good result, I was happy and enjoy the race.
Congrats winner Keith and Thanks to William and RD for the event. :thumb:
See you next! 2009 Happy New Year All!

Lu:roll:

This was good fun and very clean driving from everyone too. One thing about these STCC Events, they are fast, furious, extremely close, and one tiny error becomes costly. This is actually a very good sim.

I was fortunate to make it at the last minute, looked like I was going to be baby sitting while everyone was racing, but the rest of my family returned home just in time to give me the chance to join. I grabbed the Volvo S60, since I hadn't driven it before, popped in William's setup, and off I went. It wasn't bad to drive, but wasn't as nimble as the smaller Volvo and took a bit more stopping under hard braking. With some practice, I think I could grow to like it.
I could manage a few quicker laps in this Volvo, but was too inconsistent to be competitive. Managed to make a mess of the Qualy lap so started near the back, but noticed a couple of others (er Marcel) did much the same.

Race 1. Couldn't get the big Volvo wound up and dropped to nearly last off the start. Had some nice racing with Tim for most of the race, and had my fingers crossed entering the pits this time. Woohoo, my pitcrew turned up this time, but were somewhat slower than some others though. Finally finished P4.

Race 2. Very similar, slow start, but this time I made a few mistakes which cost a lot. Good racing this time with Marcel and Tyson. Pitstop was successful but slow again, finally finished P7.

These STCC events are really good fun, but I'm not sure why we call them Australian / US events. I seem to be the only Aussie turning up. Pity, because they are very enjoyable and different.

William and I want to keep these as regular events in the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%