RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

disappointing race, I had good start and I gain two places, but then after few laps I hit kerbs too hard, I spun and lost some places, but it was only start of my bad luck today :disapointed:
On next lap I was hit by someone and again lost many places and on the next lap Ricky spun in front of me so I can do nothing and it was the end of my race :)

Hi,

Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting it up.

Sorry to Andrew for hitting you on the first or second lap.

Sorry to Tim Ling, I don't know what happened I had running against the wall then the car came out, very sorry

• Eric Soeters

What a race.. I know I was at the back, but got 60 laps of fighting, wheel-banging and slipstream action! To bad I was just out of points ;). Has someone got a replay of this race? There was some serious action... Maybe that always, but this was just my 2nd race overall, so I enthousiastic about anything that happened on the track...

Ah it was you DAN! You got in the wall pretty hard... I think it was before corner three right? One thing I learned, I''m just tooo slow to keep up... Due to my defencing racing style I managed to stay long 7-8, but at the end of the streight they were quicker and could break later.. Don't know how... I did had 12 ltrs of gas left, that was a pity...

Great race in server 1. Lost my pole position in the first corner to Patrick and saw his back for half of the race and also Torbjorn was within 2 seconds all the time. My scheduled pitstop was in exactly the same laps as Patrick and Torbjorn and I had a slightly quicker pitstop than Patrick, exiting pit in front of Torbjorn who took P2, Patrick in P3. In the second part I could open a gap slightly and didn't had many troubles until the finish. Was great close racing again :)

Oh, just one incident when I was 1 second behind Manuel (who was lagging a bit) to lap him, and suddenly I saw him spinning out due to what looks like a lag problem, as it looked like he was being slammed from behind.

Thanks all.

Balls..

Spent the first 40 minutes within a second of Tim, after the pit stops about 4 seconds behind pushed like mad only to fall victim to same wall I have 10 thousand times before :(

I noticed something trying to dig a hole...

To bad Ben got disconnected again aswell, finally catching up. But then again he was probably on the phone, scrubbing his feet and eating while driving since I got closer:quiet:

The first 30 laps or so I did nothing else than looking in my mirror and seeing Sander's car and trying to defend my 1st place :laugh2:
Behind us Torbjorn was following within 2 seconds.
We pitted all in the same lap, and I had a little bit slower pitstop, so I came out of the pits in third, very close behind Sander and Torbjorn.
But after 5 laps or so, I made a mistake in the chicane and lost 5 seconds.
I closed the gap with Torbjorn with 10 minutes to go, and we had a great battle, but I couldn't get passed him, and finished 3rd.
Thanks to Sander for being so patient and see you all next time!

Hi,

Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting it up.

Sorry to Andrew for hitting you on the first or second lap.

Sorry to Tim Ling, I don't know what happened I had running against the wall then the car came out, very sorry

No worries Gary, it's not like I was going to win it :laugh2:. What happened to you? I saw you in the kitty litter a few times, not like you.

My first race for not smashing my car into a wall :dance2:. My first race with some racing in! Poor Andrew got stuck behind me for a while, and when he did get past me, I took him going into Tarzan. I actually overtook someone :victory:. Didn't last long though, I overcooked it into a corner, ans Andrew left me his dust to choke on. Still, was good while it lasted:good:

Thanks to Andrew and RD for this. Now to go and put some ice on my right knee.:honk:

Wow, that was tyring. WDto everybody that finished.

My qualy went well with a PB time, giving me 5th.
Thanks to some tips i got of the line better than normal.
Spent the most of the first half running in 5th.

Came out of the pits in 10th place and thought :disapointed:
Thankfully though i was one of the first to pit. (sorry James for holding you up, i think we both wanted the other one to go ahead).
Finally ended the race in 3rd place. Very happy with that.

Thanks all for another brilliant race and a very good time.

Cheers :clap:

Server 2 Report

quali. went with default setup and managed 1:15:048. felt a 1:14.9x was in there but seeing as that would move me from 9th to 8th felt best to sit on the racing line.

race. went for a 1 stop strategy 35Laps in to start would pit around 45min for another 30ish laps of fuel. Good away from the line, straight into the mix. got up to 6th but holding 6sec to 7th and losing time to Craig Hume in 5th. Saw times start to tumble to Craig and saw he was in with back markers. pitted early at 47mins and hammered it. Craig stopped 2 laps later and at the shake out i'd pipped him for 5th. Lost two drivers ahead of us with popped me 3rd, but Craig was closing.

When he did close up i went defensive and missed a gear braking into T1 handing him the position. ah well... 4th place was still good to finish in. 38seconds to car in 5th.

With 17 mins to go scared of losing concentration and dropping in on the now slippy 72% tyres i was wearing, went for the "safe" pit stop. plus it may pop me in a bit of action which always keeps the mind alert. and that it did. came out 1/2 second in front of Paulo and pushed too hard on my cold tyres making 2 mistakes handing him the position and dropping myself a lap down and behind 2nd place man Truls.

The rubber gave me the advantage on truls in the corners, but i couldn't get the foot down until Truls had. went for it at T1 and missed braking point, coming in a bit too hot, we avoided each other but the Gap to Paulo went from 3.5-5.5seconds. With 2-3 mins to go i finally got past but even though gap was 5.5 i really needed another 2-3 mins to get the gap down and attempt a pass on paulo. finished 5th just under 3 seconds behind him.

GR all.

EDIT: Forgot to mention after I passed Truls managed my pb: 1:14.984 very happy bunny

quali. went with default setup and managed 1:15:048. felt a 1:14.9x was in there but seeing as that would move me from 9th to 8th felt best to sit on the racing line.

race. went for a 1 stop strategy 35Laps in to start would pit around 45min for another 30ish laps of fuel. Good away from the line, straight into the mix. got up to 6th but holding 6sec to 7th and losing time to Craig Hume in 5th. Saw times start to tumble to Craig and saw he was in with back markers. pitted early at 47mins and hammered it. Craig stopped 2 laps later and at the shake out i'd pipped him for 5th. Lost two drivers ahead of us with popped me 3rd, but Craig was closing.

When he did close up i went defensive and missed a gear braking into T1 handing him the position. ah well... 4th place was still good to finish in. 38seconds to car in 5th.

With 17 mins to go scared of losing concentration and dropping in on the now slippy 72% tyres i was wearing, went for the "safe" pit stop. plus it may pop me in a bit of action which always keeps the mind alert. and that it did. came out 1/2 second in front of Paul and pushed too hard on my cold tyres making 2 mistakes handing him the position and dropping myself a lap down and behind 2nd place man Truls.

The rubber gave me the advantage on truls in the corners, but i couldn't get the foot down until Truls had. went for it at T1 and missed braking point, coming in a bit too hot, we avoided each other but the Gap to Paul went from 3.5-5.5seconds. With 2-3 mins to go i finally got past but even though gap was 5.5 i really needed another 2-3 mins to get the gap down and attempt a pass on paul. finished 5th just under 3 seconds behind Paul.

GR all.
I was looking forward to a nice battle with you Keith. Just as i caught up to you, you made the mistake. Usually i am the one that does that so it feels good to be on the other side of it. Good times in anycase though, cause i struggled to catch you on alot of the laps. It would have been fun. Next time :highfive:

This was fun :laugh2:
Notice that my tires got worn earlyer then Sanders and patriks?
I use G25 200 degres and 25 in stering look.Is that wrong.

Totte

It's personal preference Totte, but I'd say that was a bit on the high side for only 200 degrees rotation if you took the average rotation vs lock.

I use 28 lock, but always have the 900 rotation on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 277 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%