STCC download without using steam?

Or for the meantime you can just download the race07 demo while your still waiting for the dvd to be available in your area. once you have downloaded the demo you can transfer it to any computer you want. download evo and stcc demos aswell =)

is it possible because i use race and gtr evo on another computer that does not have internet :( i cannot get stcc becuase it only available on steam
can anyone help?
thanks in advance

This is a good question. Which I don't think many people on this forum are knowledgable enough about steam to answer.
I too have Race 07 off line install and then installed GTR EVO off line install both from boxed versions.
I can not get stcc the game for less than about $45 in the us shipped from english.megastore which is way too much for this small add on.
I can get the steam version of stcc the game for $20 on a download. I would like to know if I can add this Steam version to my existing off line installation (without steam). I have emailed Steam but have not received a reply.

The version available from steam is the online only version. I think with the offline versions you wont actually be able to use the STCC cars on GTR Evo tracks because they create separate directories. Don't take my word for it however, maybe SimBin have done something about this.

i fear not simon. ehn i didnt have internet after the house move i couldn't even launch the game with steam in offline mode. i had to dialup up with one of them 3g modem jobbies, launch steam and the game, then disconnect. left it running for about 2 weeks.

I have no problem playing any games offline using steam. Do you use the "remember password" option? I think it (or something else in steam) has to be activated if you want to play games without beeing connected to the internet.

yes it does for most valve offerings and singleplayer games but not the simbin releases unfortunately. "this operation cannot be completed in offline mode" is the message you recieve if you try to start it up

Just received a reply back from steam. Stcc the Game from steam cannot be combined with the Disc installed versions of race 07 and evo. if you download stcc the game from steam you must run steam to run the game.
No thanks. i will wait and see if i can buy the boxed version in the future as an add on to my present off line install or I guess I will do without and simbin will lose the business. It is to bad as i have purchased all simbin games from the start.

Regards
Pawgy

• Andy Marsden

Just received a reply back from steam. Stcc the Game from steam cannot be combined with the Disc installed versions of race 07 and evo. if you download stcc the game from steam you must run steam to run the game.
No thanks. i will wait and see if i can buy the boxed version in the future as an add on to my present off line install or I guess I will do without and simbin will lose the business. It is to bad as i have purchased all simbin games from the start.

Regards
Pawgy

Thats not actually correct as I have the boxed versions of Race 07 and GTR evo and my downloaded STCC works fine. What Steam actually mean is that you cant combine a donwloaded STCC with an offline (non-steam enabled) install of Race 07 and/or GTR evo.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%